Memories Off

The survivors

DARA

 

"Do you remember what happened in the plane, Dara?" He asked me. Again, we will talking about the same topic. "About that .."

 

The stewardess announce to all the passengers on board, that the plane is about to land soon.

I heard mom's voice from the other side of the plane asking me to put on my seatbelt. I leaned foward and smiled at her.

'I observe the view through the window. It's raining heavily and I barely see anything....

I noticed that there was a boy beside me and by the look, I guess we have the same age.

"Everything's going to be fine," He said and comforting me with a smile. Returning his smile... I nodded to him...

 

I stopped my story for a while as I tried to remember that boy's face again. Where is he now?... "I don't remember why are we in the plane, where are we heading or anything" I continued ...

 

I heard crying and screaming that wreck my mind so i took a glance to see what's with all the commotion at the back.

There is a fire at the back of the plane. It is so wild as if it could swallow the whole plane.

 

And my memory went blank. I can't remember anything after that. Yeah, that may be the only thing I have, this memory could be useful or it could just hunt me till the end.

The headache rings the doorbell to my head just to ruin my day today.

"I'm not confident that I remember everything." I continued after the long pause.

He stared at her for a while before replying, "Okay, I think we should continue this next time, I have a meeting to attend." He looked at his clock on the wall.

He stands and put on his white coat. I gave him a bow and walk to the door.

 

'Right.. Before he remembers about the glasses, I just have to act cool ...act cool Dara and pretend nothing's happened.'

Just  when I was about to grab the doorknob...

"Dara, what about your bionic glasses, aren't you needing it later?" I bit my bottom lip and turned slowly. "Ha ha yes, the glasses... the bionic glasses," I hunched my back and take it. I turned and walked to the door quickly.

I pushed the door open, maybe you can say venting my anger to the door and suddenly, I heard an...

"OUCHH!!" I wonder if my headache gave life to a door or did I read the door's mind. Ajusshi is right I might need this bionic glasses. I quickly put them on and suddenly ---

                    DONGHAE

 

I was finding my way back from the cafeteria. Dara... her ability is still stuck in my mind.

“Wait ....I’m confused. Dara can read minds just because of an accident.”

I can’t believe. And yet I do. There’s something in their conversation that makes it clear that she is not lying.

"Is this reading mind thing somehow connected to her accident?’ I thought.

I was walking absentmindly when suddenly...

 

 *BAMM!!*

 

“OOUCHHH!!! Owwww!!” I cried. I can feel my soul went out of my body.My brain was vibrating in pain.

 'Dude it hurts..' 


"Donghae?" To my suprise, I am pretty famous in this hospital.. but stilll....

"Yes..Yes, that's my name. Chogiyo!! Don't you think you should apo..lo...gize.." I lifted my head and to my surprise, the person that I was thinking about just now appeared in front of me.

“D-dara?” I strained my eyes. Trying to focus on the source of the voice since my vision was blurred due to the hit just now.

Holy Banzalia... What the hell is she wearing??

Maybe i hurt my head so hard that i started seeing things... That is one freaking big sunglasses btw ...

 I am getting so dizzy... w...wait.....

“I’m so sorry Donghae, I didn’t mean it!" Her face clouds with trouble. I stabilize myself and lift my gaze to meet hers.

"No, It's okay." I beamed. I just don't want to see her getting so worried though it hurts. She looks a bit relief after hearing my reply.

"Anyway, what brings you here today?" She looked at me with her wide eyes.

"Well... I am visiting a friend of mine," I replied to her. I have to swallow hard just to keep myself from being panic.

"DONGHAE!! JUGGO SIPEO!" There you have it. I groaned as I heard Eunhyuk, the hurricane that may ruin my life... and it's not impossible.

He grab me by my ear, and I only can covered my face at the embrassing moment in front of Dara at the same time I have this stupid look on my face.

Then again, there are tons of question like that one that I have to answer.

Like this new one that occured to to me. "Yah!! While I'm waiting like a stupid person over there you are flirting here, huh?!" He yelled and most of the people around us looking at us weirdly.

"I... hyung, let me explain .." This gonna be harder than I thought since he is not letting go of my ear.

He turned to Dara and his face changed to a very 'handsome' face. "Oh, I'm so sorry about my friend... Don't mind his bad manners, ok?" He said politely. Arghh anyone have a plastic bag? I want to puke a rainbow right now.

Dara smiled awkwardly. Actually she looked more confused because of certain someone! I sighed and bid a goodbye to her. "Apayo~~~" I whined as Eunyuk drag me to his office.

Finally, he release my ear. He took one of the coffee from my hand and sit on his chair comfortably, like nothing happened just now. I mean how on earth can you explain his action?! "What trouble did you got into?" I scoffed.

"Nah, I just want to know how are you doing in your new school." He  answered while arranging the papers on his table.

Haih, this friend... "Well, I made some friends. But they don't know about it." I tightening my grip of the coffee as the memory rushed into my mind. About that, it was the last subject that I want to discuss.

But there's a whole world out there, full of humans making milllions of decision every minute of the day and night.We can only be there to sway a fraction of those decision..

"How's your mum? Is she still the same?" Right, question of the day...

"Yes, she didn't change AT ALL." I took the last sip of the coffee and crushed the can..

   

Author's POV

 

'I really don't have this thing called patience when it comes to wait for the bus,' Dara was fumbling with her bag strap, well there's nothing much she can do.

Suddenly she saw someone, well he isn't just anyone it's JiYong! Their eyes meet. He waved at her, wearing a sweet smile that can make her melt. He took a few steps toward her. Dara tries to control her breath as she waits for a second before he came to a stop in front of her.

"Hey, Dara," that two words could make her faint, as JiYong gave that look with a small smirk appeared on his lips.

"Hi, J-JiYong," Dara's words were shaky, she felt like a complete idiot, getting so nervous for a little yet simplest things.

"I’m excited to try at that new cafe. Have you ever been here before?" JiYong pointed at the cafe nearby.

"Well, never been there before.. I guess," She replied as she tries to confirm it.

"Then shall we?"JiYong smiles playfully and he stared at her deeply. Without any hesitation JiYong grabbed her hand and continued. "Come on.." Dara can't do anything other than following him while her heart beat rapidly.

They entered the cafe and settled down at one of the empty table.

"So do you want to tell me?" He continue attacking her with questions after placing their orders. "Huh? What about me?" She only manage to ask.

"You look so down. Did something happened?" He asked calmly. 'Eh? Why did he know?' Dara shook her head to JiYong's question.

"Anyway, do you have a map, Dara? Because I'm getting lost in your eyes," He tries to cheer her up with some lousy jokes. Dara tried her best not to laugh not because of his jokes, but because of his expression and the silence atmosphere after that.

But when she look into his serious expression, she promtly burst out laughing. "JiYong, you really have a weird sense of humour!"

"Don't laugh at me! Well there is another way to make you happy." JiYong look at her thoughtfully.

"What is it? Tell me," Dara was focused at him expectantly without having a clue about it.

"Come closer," He spoke then, keeping his voice cool, masking the tiny vibration of his excitement. HE lean towards her and place his hand on hers. He -----