Next to You

The survivors

Donghae'sPOV

Ringg....ringggg..... "Uggh ..alarm, please just let me sleep...." I blinked my eyes a few times as the warmth from the sun touched my face.

 I looked at my phone."Ah ..today is Saturday." I turned to the book that was left open, at the last page i read."I told a million lies now I tell a single truth'

Flashback

"Ouch!!" I hit my elbow on the ground ' Did i fell asleep?" I tried to recall what I did.'I know I will be waking up with amnesia everytime i sleep.' i smirk as it was the stupidest conclusion i ever made.

I'm at the back of the gym,the best spot to sleep. I looked around and spotted Jiyoung and a girl.'Again! that guy is so annoying as hell.'

"Achoo!"A sound coming from the toilet,''Sh ....Dara!" i dodged back after noticing her at the other end. This is bad "She saw it the second time." I saw her froze at that moment.I tried to reach for her but she ran away.

I took my bag and take out a bread from it.I walk to the class while eating it.'Tasty' I thought as i leave it hanging in my mouth and open the door.'Dara didn't look good,I want to talk to her.Should I say I saw her earlier?'

"Hey" I greeted her after stuffing the bread in my mouth.

She repiled calmly.'Her eyes weren't red rimmed,she hasn't been crying ....I think.

Her voice is calm and even.Anyone would think she is fine but it didn't seems like that to me.'

 

End of flashback

I hated to get out of bed as I was nice and snug.I step on the cold wooden floor and went to make some coffee for this tiring morning.I looked at the food  left untouched at her door yesterday ."When is she ever going to eat that." I went back to my coffee...Cola gets on my lap and keep her paw.' Cola reminds me of her, and it happens again yesterday.'"No matter how far I go..... I still see her."

Flashback

 It is early,early morning.It is dark but you know the day is coming.Blue is bleeding through black .Stars are dying.I was at the corner of that library.'This book is so interesting.She reallly have a good taste.' I smiled as i was reading the book she recommended that day.The door creaked open..

'Who is it early in the morning?' I leaned foward to see who was at the door of this library.Sometimes when they say unexpected it it really unexpected .

"Dara?" ' Seriously Donghae...behind the bookshelf thats only few metres away from her.'I sighed " I neeed to find that book" I heard her mumbled to herself.

"A book?" I covered my mouth 'Thinking out tooo loud...' I check to see if she realize but she wasn't at the same spot.

"I gotta get out from here."I whispered to myself.

I ran to the door as fast as i could hoping she didn't notice my presence.' I've seen someone running like me before hmm..... nevermind.'

It is really windy outside.I looked through the window "Wait a minute why am I hiding ?" without even trying to figure out the answer to that,I put more of my focus to Dara.

I don't know if she is panicking or what but I can see her running from the that end to the other end and it has been repeat for few times with different type of expression on her face.

"That was the only copy,and it is precious to me." she looked so  sad.

"Is she finding for this book?" I looked at the book I'm holding.

After a few minutes she went out,I think I should at least greet her.I walk to her  But my legs stop as she walk to that oak tree" She is with someone?" I tried to see who was it....

" Look at Dara!! She is with Jiyong again!! Why is she so annoying ...She haven't learned her lesson."A group of girl was making a big fuss beside me.

"Maybe we should teach her better," another girl continued.I realize there are many people are starring at them.

'That's Jiyong?.'I tighten my grip on the book.' I'm not giving her this book,maybe she wanted to give this to him.' i suddenly felt so pissed with this situation

" What do you mean by teaching her ,huh?"I glared at the girls,they were the one who beat Dara up that day. " Get lost!" I growled.They run away as if they saw a ghost.

Jiyong pulled her ' That animal never gets tired.' I walked to them and pulled Dara ,she was so red.

End of flashback

Dara's POV

"Morning!"  greeted my grandma.She puts on the sweetest smile for me every morning."Morning ,my dear."

I went and help her to prepare breakfast."Dara, today you have an appointment right?" she continued while taking out the peanut butter out of the fridge.

' An appointment .......Brain! Work!!! ...It's morning, can't do it.'

' It's her appointment with Doctor.Kim ,'Her thoughts were obvious

"Oh! Today I have to meet with Doctor.Kim.." This is the part where I can say that my brain can be the slowest in this whole world but I can say it is still useful."

'Every month , I need to have an appointment with Doctor.Kim Joong In ,he was the first person to find out about my  ability as he noticed that i read his mind after the accident.It happens because of the eye injury 8 years ago.He tried to dig in more information for the weird things that an eye can possibly do.But not even a mine of info reach his feet,so he did a litte experiment and put on a spectacles on me. And that moment i can't read his mind because i am not looking at his eyes.Well I tried using it but its uncomfortable.'

" Dara ,you will be late if you miss the bus," I can hear my grandma's voice ........

" Oh, be ready in a minute." I answered her but actually I haven't even getting started yet.