Their first meeting

The survivors

DARA'S POV

 

A familiar voice...

I forcefully opened my eyes, just came back from a headache in hell. I blinked a few more times my vision is cloudy. I looked around and tried to figure out where on earth am I.

 

 

'Heaven?' I thought.

 

 

Until then a pretty face come into focus. "Don't force yourself... rest, my dear," She said

 

FLASHBACK

  

The stewardess announce to all the passengers on board, that the plane is about to land soon.

 

"Dara, put on your seatbelt." I heard mom's from the other side of the plane and put on my seatbelt. I leaned foward and smiled at her.

 

'I hope we will get there safely,' I thought after observing the view through the window. It's raining heavily.

 

'I can barely see anything except for the dark gloomy clouds everywhere,' She sighed.

 

"Hey," I turned my head to the source of the voice. It was a boy beside me, I guess we have the same age judging by his look.

 

"Everything's going to be fine," He said and comforting me with a smile. Returning his smile ..i nodded to him.

 

'Of course there is nothing to worry about' I smiled but it didn't stay longer as it was replaced by my shocked expression when the sound of the thunder striked in to my ear...

I can't believe what happened before my eyes. There is a fire at the back of the plane. It is so wild as if it could swallow the whole plane.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"How long do you think she will be like this, doc?" The nurse's voice brought me back to reality.

                                                                             

I know that voice....

say something again...

 

"Her eyes were badly injured... ,"

 

Who? Me? My eyes?...

 

I blinked a few times before I was able to keep my eyes open... I realized that my left eye was bandaged. I need my parents now.

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV

 

"Where are my parents? Are they safe?" She asked the doctor.

 

The doctor smiled at her and replied "They are safe now, dear,"

 

Somehow, Dara can see that he is lying because she has an ability to read his mind.

 

 

'Poor thing... both of her parents are dead. They are still searching for the cause and there only 2 survivors included her,'

 

'W-What?' Tears started to fill her eyes...

 

"They are d-dead? There are only two survivors..." Dara cried loudly. She can't stop her tears. This is just too much for an 8 years old girl..

 

"They didn't survived... They didn't ...." Her voice trailed off.

 

The doctor gasped in shock as she said exactly what he was thinking.

 

Dara's grandma was standing at the corner of the room. She can't stand watching her granddaughter suffered. Her grandma approached and embraced her tightly.

 

"It's ok... I'm here, my dear. Dara, you have to be strong. Promise me, you'll be strong,"


 

DONGHAE'S POV

 

My eyes were blinded for a while when the lights starting to enter my eyes. I blinked for several times before I opened my eyes again. 

 

"Donghae!" I heard someone cried.

 

I whipped my head to the source of the voice and I can see a familiar woman but something is not right....

 

"Mum... d-dad is..." I stuttered, searching for a right words but somehow... only tears rolled down my cheek. I knows my mum is more anxious than me.

 

So, I want to be strong even though I'm just an 8 years old boy. I need to protect my mother.

 

"Mum, let's be strong for Dad. He wouldn't be happy seeing us like this," I tried comforting her but deep inside, me too, could not accept it, not even my own words...

 

9 YEARS LATER...

 

DARA'S POV

 

"Dara... do you know there is a new student in our class, a boy," Park Bom grinned. She was the chatterbox that I accidentally installed in my life. I nodded to show a little interest even though I'm not interested at all.

 

"I bet he is good looking..." She chuckled. I took a glance and hacked her thoughts

 

'But, I bet he can't defeat my Tabi. Tabi is so cool i wish i could get along with him,' A smile cracked on my face after invaded Bom's thought...

 

Suddenly, the teacher came in but as usual, they doesn't even care about him.

 

"Ok.. students settle down. We have a transfer student in this class," He waves to the boy who was standing out side the class to come in. The noisy atmosphere just now turned to silent as death.

 

"Please introduce yourself," He continued. He walked in the class casually. "Hello, everyone. I'm Lee Donghae. Please take care of me," He bowed  

 

I kept staring at him with a 'no face'

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          He realized I'm looking and he returned me with a smile.

 

His smile looks familiar... I think, I remember seeing him somewhere..

 

"Dara." My thoughts were cut off when I heard the teacher called me.

 

"I leave Donghae in your care. Donghae.. you can sit next to Dara."

 

Bom looked at me and winked while I rolled my eyes.

 

'Great...' I sighed.

 

 Donghae walk towards the empty seat and sit beside me. As soon as the teacher left, Bom approaches Donghae and starts her talking as usual.

 

"Hi, Donghae! It is rare to have a new student who is extremely good looking" His smile crinked his eyes.

 

"Did the teacher showed you around the school?" She continued. Donghae shook his head.

 

"Really? Great! Dara, you can show him around, right?" She turned to me with an evil grin that I hate the most.

 

"What?!" I furrowed my brows but she glared at me.

 

I can't refuse. "Fine, sure," I sighed.

 

'Have you been attacked by a gorilla before?' I thought while glaring at her. She probably don't know what was in my mind but she could understand by the look on my face.


 

 

The bell rang indicates it is recess time.

 

Everyone rushed through the door as usual. Bom excuse herself leaving me and Donghae alone.

 

'I swear I'll kill her when she come back,' I mumbled.

 

Okay.... now here I am, sitting next to him without any conversation. This is seriously awkward.

 

"Are you hungry?" I asked him to break the awkwardness. He turned his gaze to me and shook his head.

 

Just then, his stomach made a loud growl, which made he stiffened and there's me, trying to hold back my laughter. But we burst into laughter during a totally inappropriate moment.

 

"You're saying no but your stomach can't deny the fact that you hungry," I beamed.

 

"Oh... I guess so... haha," He laughed awkwardly while scratching his nape, trying to cover the embrassement.

 

"Anyway, let's go to the canteen and check out the food. There's a lot of options," I stood up while stuffing the books on my desk in my bag.

 

He looked relief as the tense between us disappear. "Yeah, sure... Let's go," He showed his smile.

 

I swear, his smile looked familiar.

 

"Time for lunch." I said gleefully.