Yellow Umbrella...

Lingering Thoughts of You

 

Too many things, unexpected or not change the course of how we live our lives. It really doesn't matter if you've planned everything beforehand because with just one event... one life changing event, everything changes, and all that's left after is a series of questions... Questions only you would only be able to answer yourself.

The final result of everything is either happiness or regret... and the only measure is the amount of possible consequences of each action you take because... in life.. there is NO RIGHT OR WRONG decisions... there are only consequences... and your ability to live by those consequences will gauge if you're truly happy with your decision or not...

At least that's what I believe...

Or rather... What I try to make myself believe...

Everything in life has a predetermined course, you know.. it usually stems from who your parents are or who your parent's parents were... it gets confusing... but I think you'd get the drift.. You see, it follows that thin line of passing on a certain amount of either greatness or failure.. it all depends on who you came from... although.. it doesn't really mean that your given a gift or a curse, because that greatness or failure you achieve from people older than you could only do so much foundation or damage... actually, it all depends on how you use that greatness or failure...

Me?..

I'm one of those, who... well, shall we say are bound to great people... my mom is a gymanst turned lawyer and my dad is a boxer turned company president... sigh... it must look pretty awesome, right?... I guess... I just... never really, appreciated it...

I'm weird.. I know...

I just... never got used to the attention...

The constant parties... the unending toasts... the forever speeches of old people, I could never actually remember.. the laughing... the fighting... the boasting... the never-ending competition... sigh... really boring...

The greetings... the awkward hugs... the Jungsis talent shows for people, I don't even know.. the looks me and my sister get from girls our age.. the whispers... the hollow people...

I should be grateful, I know... but.. not everything is as clean and proper as the table setting in our family table...

Stop...

I should stop thinking...

Its making my head hurt...

Sigh...

Bored...

I'm bored... I've been lying, half-awake on this queen-sized bed for almost four hours now... I hate it, when I don't get to sleep when I want to..

Maybe I should call him...

Maybe.. But what if he's busy?...

Busy, again.. Tch.. so much for being a chaebol's son's girlfriend...

Sigh...

it..

I pick up my phone and browse through my contacts and look for his name... Tyler.. Tyler Kwon.

Yes.. THE Tyler Kwon... everybody seems to hate him, but..

I..

I..

I don't..

I just don't..

...

...

Do I like him?

...Ummm..

..

Maybe...

Do I love him...

...

...

You tell me..

...

Sigh..

I'm confusing, right? heh...

I don't know..

I feel good when I'm with him...

But...

I just..

I just feel good... that's it...

Is that love?

I don't know... 

Whatever...

All I know is, I've been calling him for five times now and he's not answering... 

Ring... Ring.. Ring... The number you dialed is either---

I take my phone away from my ear and throw it away far, unconsciously.. I hear the sound of my phone crashing on the ground.

"Eeesh!" I mumble in frustration... Who does this douche think he is.. Avoiding my calls... Does he always work this late?... I mean he is older and I'm just in high school, but... is working in a big company going to take you up to 4 am in the morning?.. 

...

...

 

Maybe... He's asleep?

...

...

Why am I asking questions to myself?

Sigh...

Oh yeah.. that's right, cause my sister's probably at her friends and I'm...

...

...

Alone..

I'm alone..

Again...

...

That's it. I'm going to his apartment...

I get up from bed and move to get my red knitted jacket from my closet, I slip on a pair of jean-like shorts and white shoes. I grab my phone, and my car keys... Yup.. I have a car... a black maserati... I'm rich okay? sigh.. why am I explaining myself... I get out from my room, and the dark hallway to the central staricase greet me.. yet again... I always felt more lonely walking down this hallway... cause whenever I do.. its always so dark and cold...

I reach the stairs and the descend was like me walking on air.. I didn't even feel tired going down from it this time... Hmm.. Maybe I should do this more often.. Sneak out in the morning just to see and make out with my boyfriend... Yes, we've made out... and No, we've never really moved any further than that (I'm sorry, I just can't... I can't imagine her having s*x with him... *sobs... I just can't.. my heart is breaking (-_-,) oops sorry guys..) I was never really ready for it.. He says I'm too much of a tease... but... actually... I just... don't want to.. is it so hard to understand that.. sigh.. men...

I reach my car and drive it straight to his apartment, I reach the basement parking and the guard instantly gives a salute at me... I've been here a few times... or maybe more.. I don't remember, but the employees kind of already guessed I'm the penthouse owner's girlfriend.

I look back blankly and drove straight to a free parking space in front of the elevator door and beside my boyfriend's car, I had a feeling he was already home.. these elevatory doors are the only actual entry to the apartment building from its parking. I get off my car and move slowly towards the elevator doors. I press the 'up' button and the screen on top of the elevator shows it coming directly from the penthouse, hmmm.. so.. he must have really been working late, since he's the last to use the elevator..

I wait for it to come down...

It sure takes a while... 

sigh...

I turn my head slightly as I hear rain drops splashing on the ground.. the sound of water hitting the solid cement is truly nostalgic... some people say they hate the rain.. but for me.. I've always loved it... the sound is so smoothing... it relaxes me... and I feel myself smiling, unconsciously... This.. This actual moment, right here.. just listening to the rain.. this moment make me happy for some reason... but it also makes me a bit sad... but the truth is... I actually feel a bit sleepy now..

Ding!

The elevator doors open, I get inside and I swipe the keychain he gave me and instantly it registered to the penthouse... I've always liked this elevator.. It had a great view since it was transparent, only glass walls covering it... Seoul, truly is beautiful... especially as the rain covers it slightly... washing away the dirt... the mistakes... the loneliness... I'm getting over dramatic again.. Am I near my period? hmm...

Ding!

The doors open and I instantly notice a pair of red stilettos scattered on the polished wooden floor, a pair of black leather shoes accompany it... they were left there as if on a hurry.. I take a deep breath... I calm myself... Maybe, its just his secretary and they've left some business papers here and where trying to get them... I mean... no need to jump to conclusions right? Come one Jessica... Take a deep breathe... inhale.. exhale... inhale.. exhale..

I manage to calm myself down, and quietly and walked further inside... The stylish modern living room full of white furniture greet me, and my reflection could be clearly seen on the 65' samsung curved tv.

No sign of them... 

"Ahhhh... Oh my Gaaaawd!!"

I hear a woman... a woman...mouning... seriously?!? is this really happening? I clench my fist as I struggle to keep calm... I listen to the voice again and I could clearly hear it from upstairs in the bedroom..

In that same bedroom where we cuddle..

the same bedroom, he kisses me...

the same bedroom I share secrets with him..

I can't believe this...

Sh*t...

The mouning grows louder as I take careful steps up the rotatinf staircase. As I grow nearer, I can hear him mouning as well.. its not as loud but.. he seems to be really enjoying himself... motherf*cker... I feel myself tensing up and somehow, I feel my heart pounding so much, it feels like its breaking...

Am I hurt?...

Am I really hurt?

I feel tears forming in my eyes as I see silhouettes of my boyfriend and some girl on top of each other... ing... Oh please tell me this is just a dream... I move closer and finally the features become clear and that long forehead can only belong to one single person in the world...

That one person...

That person who I actually felt something for...

And there he is... ing some random chick in front of me.. not noticing my presence... 

"Tch! She must really taste good for you to keep eating her face.." I chuckle a bit sarcastically, but loud enough to let them both hear me. I see him get up almost instantly, pulling his pants up to his waist, struggling to zip his pants up, panick evident on his face and most of all his eyes..

"J-Jessica.."

The girl who layed on the bed covered her half- body with the white sheets covering the bed.. Does this b*tch even know how many times I slept on those sheets...

wait..

eeew... how many girls have gone through those sheets???

"Babe.. I-I can ex--"

"Save it!" I turn around and began walking.. on second thought, erase that.. running..

I'm running...

Why am I running?

It hurts...

I hate this...

I was so cool, a minute ago...

Sh*t.. I feel my tears starting to cloud my vision, I hurry towards the elevator doors, I hear him screaming my name.. but I can't face him.. not like this.. I press the 'down' button repeatedly.. I truly am sorry for hitting you so furiously but.. please.. I need to get out of here.

Ding!

Oh my god.. thank you..

I go inside and the doors close instantly behind me.. I allow myself to fall down to the ground... My tears, I kept from falling, rushed out like a couple of waves from the ocean.. So salty.. so strong.. so painful..

Why?

I'm pretty... right?...

I don't know anymore...

I feel pathetic..

Wasn't I enough?

I cover my face as I hear myself screaming in anger.. frustration.. in disappointment... I try to calm myself.. but I can't.. Maybe I did love him... Great.. I just found that out now... I hate him... I hate everyone...

I pull myself up as I hear the sound of the doors opening.. I try to go to my car only to stop halfway as I see someone approaching it...

No...

I can't let anyone see me like this..

I turn around and head for the exit... I run as fast as I could, avoiding the security guard who was trying to stop me from leaving.. I run away farther... escaping this nightmare... escaping him... escaping my feelings... but there I was standing still... I've ran out of energy to run anymore... I've ran out of energy to stop my tears... I've ran out of energy to even stand...

I feel my body slowly leaning down to my legs holding my knees tight..

I don't know where I am.. or how long I've been standing here... but I don't care... not anymore..

I feel my body shiver as it allowed itself to be wet with the rain that splashed itself on my body as I ran...

I'm soaked.. I'm gonna get sick... 

Somebody..

Anybody...

Please...

Save me..

All the tears and the sadness... loneliness came crashing down again and I feel myself crying harder than before... I've never cried so much in my whole life.. it was weakening... I bury my face on my knees and began sobbing alone.. again..

"Are you okay?"

I hear a husky voice out of nowhere... the drops of rain from before where gone and it felt a bit warmer for some reason. I look up to see a yellow umbrella held on top of me, by a tanned girl with raven hair.. brown eyes and a worried face.

"Yul!! Dude, we're gonna be late!"

I hear someone call her from my right side, a red truck was parked near us, and the driver, a woman with short brown hair was gesturing her to hurry up.

"Yeah I know, Tae! Wait up."

She answers back, and I feel myself drowning in shame... How could I let anybody see me like this.. I feel like dying on my spot... I lower my gaze and just bury my face back on my knees again..

I don't want your help..

please just go..

I keep thinking this.. but I can't say it...

may be...

maybe..

maybe its because I want her to stay.. 

I feel a sudden weight on my shoulder and a few splashes from the puddles made by the rain... she's leaving... but.. why can't I feel the rain anymore?.. moreover.. it feels warmer...

I want you to stay...

don't go..

I keep thinking this.. but I'm glued right at this spot..

Vrooooomm...vroom....vroom..

They're gone... she's gone... but that warm feeling's still here... I lift my gaze only to find a brown leather jacket on my shoulders and the same yellow umbrella covering me... She left her jacket and umbrella to a complete stranger... Is she crazy or just plan stupid?

I smile at the thought...

and somehow..

like the sun rising and the rain slowly stopping...

I can feel that same warmth enveloping me...

covering my broken heart...

embracing me softly...

and for once...

I'm happy..


A/N; Happy new Year guys!!!!! Love yah!! Let's all be happy this 2015!!!! (+_+)