3

My Eyes on You

 

“Bye jiji! Call me if you’re feeling bored okay? Byee~!” Youngji waved goodbye as she walks outside the house.

“Arasso! Take care!” after a long chat with youngji, she left. It’s almost dinner and I still need to make before sehun arrives.

I was about to prepare our dinner when the front door was opened by sehun.

I looked at him, why is he home early?

He stood in the front door for a while not looking at me.

“Dress nicely we’re going out for dinner.”

After he said that, he quickly went back outside. Not letting me to at least reply. He didn’t even gave me a chance to say if I want to go with him or not.

I sighed. What’s with him? I went to our room to change my dress. I wore something elegant. A white dress that was up to my knees and I bought my blazer with me and clutch bag.

I let my hair loose because I’m too lazy to tie my hair.

When I’m finally done, I went outside the house and I saw sehun standing in front of his car. He was busy with his phone so I cleared my throat to get his attention.

When he finally looked at me, he opened the door of the car and I went inside.

There’s an awkward silence inside the car. I really don’t like being alone with. I rested my head on the car window.

We are going on a business dinner. They’re expecting us there. So just please do cooperate with me when we get there”

His voice is full of authority. I rolled my eyes. I hope he didn’t see that.

We arrived at a 5 star hotel. I was really amazed by the ambiance of the place. I should really eat a lot tonight I bet the food here is yummy.

I gulp when we entered the place. Many popular business men are here. With them wearing a very expensive suit and dresses. We we’re greeted by different people that I don’t really know, I just smiled at them and exchange with “hello” “nice to meet you” and such.

Sehun did all the talking while I just stand beside him, smiling.

I really don’t like this kind of gathering. I better just shut my mouth and pretend to be happy to be here.

I don’t even get the point of this kind of gathering, at the end of every event like this, they’re all the same. All they want is money, money, money.

Being all friendly and all, at the end when they got what they want from you, they will just left you behind.

I was in deep thoughts and I think one of sehun’s friends noticed my expression.

“Is Mrs. Oh alright? Her expression is a bit bitter.” They chuckled.

I quickly shook my head and laughed awkwardly.

“ Ahaha. I’m sorry. Don’t worry I’m a-alright.” Gosh. That is embarrassing.

I met eyes with sehun and he secretly glared at me.

I wish I just ate dinner at home.

Sehun and I were led to a big round table with some sehun’s business partners that I recognize.

Sehun and I sat next to each other.

“ Mrs. Oh! Nice to see you again! You’re getting prettier!” Mr. Choi whom I remember, he’s one of Sehun’s close friend. He’s really kind and handsome.

I smiled at him.

“ You too Siwon-shi.”

After that, they keep on talking about business. Money here, money there. Once in a while I join their conversation but I don’t really keep it long. Soon, then our table was filled with delicious and expensive meals. We’re about to start eating when Siwon said,

“He’s still not here, should we wait for him?” siwon looked at Sehun asking him that question.

“He should be here early and we can’t just starve ourselves just for him. He should now his responsibility. We’ll eat without him.” His voice was filled with authority and with his low voice made his statement really intimidating. His friends didn’t say anything and we started eating.

I guess he’s really scary. By the way, who are we waiting for? Is he a V.I.P or something?

I shrug off that thought and started eating.

“Sorry for making you wait.” An oddly familiar voice coming from behind said that. We all stop eating and our attention went to that man.

I felt my eyes burn at the sight. My breathing became heavy.

“Am I too late for dinner” he smiled showing his dimples and pulled the vacant chair beside Siwon.

Maybe he didn’t see me yet.

I glance at sehun and saw him glare at this guy. He cleared his throat as he tries to compose himself.

Mr. Zhang. You’re late.” Sehun said to him.

Yixing’s eyes went from sehun to me. Our eyes met for a moment but I quickly looked away. I grab my glass of water and nervously gulp down.

There’s a silence for a second, I can still him gaze at me.

“Ahaha. Mr. Zhang is already here, shouldn’t we continue our eating?” Siwon broke the silence and he chuckled awkwardly. 

For a moment, I glance at yixing and he’s still looking at me.

“Sorry again, we should start eating.” Yixing said, not looking away from me.

I know sehun noticed yixing’s stares to me. I didn’t expect him to do it but he grabs my hand below the table. He held my hand. I was started by his action but I manage to act okay with it, besides we’re in public.

I hope he didn’t notice my hand’s sweating.

I think this is the longest dinner I’ve ever had. Now we’re done eating and they talked about business again. I just tried to avoid yixing’s gaze. I didn’t try looking at him.

“oh! Mr. Zhang. I want you to meet Mrs. Oh jihye. She’s the wife of Mr. Oh.”

Siwon said.

Yixing looked at me and smiled. He smiled bitterly.

I tried to smile the best that I can. He offered me a hand shakes, which I finally free my hand from sehun’s and I reach for yixing’s hands.

Nice to meet you Mrs. Oh, I’m Zhang yixing. Or you can call me Lay.”

 

When our hands met, there’s a feeling which I didn’t want to feel. The touch of his hand, which I missed.

When our hands parted, he smiled once again. I felt really heavy. My heart feels so stuffy. I want to run away right now.
And I just want to thank Sehun for breaking the awkward silence.

"So, Mr. Zhang. I hope we can all get along well for we'll make a really big break for our business. and i also heard that this is going to be your first establishment here in Korea."

Sehun calmy said.

 

"You're right Mr. Oh. I hope we all get along well and i'm looking forward to work with you all"

Yixing looked at each one of us. but then he stared at me for a moment. i hope they didn't notice that.

 

I think this is one of the longest dinner I've ever had. I want to run away right now. i wish that this floor can swallow me. Yixing keeps on glancing at me.

*sighs*

I feel so out of place right now. they keep on talking about business which I can't relate.

For a moment, Sehun looked at me and surpisingly he talked to me.

"Are you feeling tired already? Should we go home" he tried to sound sweet that i find a bit errr. how to describe this. is this how he really acts. For the image he wants to maintain. I know he just want to go home. I'll just go with the flow.

I smiled dearly at them,

"I'm sorry, But I think we'll take our leave first" i did what Sehun did.

" Thank you everyone for the dinner. And I hope we can all work well. My wife and I will leave first"

Sehun then grab my hand as we both stood up. I bowed at them.

I saw Yixing smiled at me. That smile. 

"Good Night Mrs.Oh"

I heard him say as we made our way out.

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

 

The whole ride to our house is filled with silence. I tried not to look at Sehun throughout the ride.
I sighed as I walk inside our house; I followed sehun to our bedroom not uttering a single word.

When we entered our room, sehun went to inside the comfort room. I lazily sat down on the edge of the bed as I took out my phone. I opened my IG account; it’s been a long time since I updated my account. I’m really fond of taking beautiful scenery or anything that caught my eye.

My hobby is taking pictures. Before, I always bring my dslr with me, to take pictures but since I got married, I didn’t have time to go out just to take pictures because most of my time is here, inside the house. I really missed going out and take pictures.

I siged. I used to take pictures with yixing.

I shrug off that thought and went my attention to my posts in IG. My last post is about 4 months ago. I think this is the day before I got married to sehun. A smile appeared to my lips as I remember that day.

In the picture, there’s my hand holding a cup of coffee and behind it was a beautiful background of the place where we stopped in the way to the venue of the wedding.

This is the time when we’re so busy preparing for the wedding which I find really boring so I took out my phone to take this picture.

Sorry for I failed to describe how beautiful the place was. But I can only describe it as beautiful works of nature.

I place my phone beside the table of our bed and just then sehun went out of the comfort room.

I just took a glance at him and saw him wearing a simple white and a pajama. I made my way to my closet and pulled out my clothes. A loose shirt and a pajama.

I quickly went inside the bathroom and made my business.

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw sehun sleeping already. His back facing me.

I quietly walk towards the other side of the bed and gently lay down as I pull up the covers.

I stared at the ceiling for a moment. I blink several times.

Yixing.

I can feel my eyes burn due to the tears that are forming.

No, I don’t want to cry. Not because of him. He’s a part of my past.

We’re done. But why do I feel like this? I suppose to feel okay. I moved on right?

I looked at sehun whose back is facing me. I moved on right?

I closed my eyes and felt a tear drop from my eye.

“Goodnight” I whispered