12

My Eyes on You

Jihye thought were clouded from last night conversation with Sehun. After she knew about his secret, she keeps on thinking how to help him because she thinks that it’s hard for him too. But then Jihye realized that Sehun is not what she usually thinks of him.

 He is not that scary though and it’s the first time she saw him that stress and frustrated on what to do. She wanted to help him too, and then she remembered.

 

Flash back

 

Silence filled the air. Sehun sighed for the nth time. He ruffles his hair in frustration. Jihye stole a glance at him and then her attention went back to the ground. She doesn’t know what to do or how to response.


Jihye.. Sehun called her name

Jihye looks at sehun and their eyes met.

“Jihye.*sighs* I know we are not that close, I don’t know if you even consider us as friends but I’m asking you a favor. Please help me to figure this problem out. I don’t want to involve our families in this.” Sehun never left his gaze from Jihye.

Jihye hesitated to answer but them she saw Sehun is sincere and of course she will help him. She’s his wife. That’s what she thinks.

“Alright. I will help you Sehun.”

 

End of Flash back.

 

Jihye is too immersed in her thoughts that she didn’t see Sehun is already standing besides her clearing his throat to get her attention. Sehun tapped her shoulder since Jihye really doesn’t hear him.

Jihye was startled when Sehun tapped her shoulder. She looked at him with her eyes widened.

“Omo!” she puts her hand on her chest.

S-Sehun?” she regained her posture and she faced him.

“Well, I’ve been standing for too long and I was trying to get your attention since you’re too busy with your own world.” Sehun crossed her arms across his chest.

Jihye blinks her eyes for a few times. This is the first time Sehun talked to her like this. She found it uhmm. Somewhat interesting.
 

“Sorry, I was just thinking about something.”

Sehun seems not that satisfied with her answer but then he just shrugged it off.

“I just want to tell you that I’m going to the hospital right now. Krystal called me.” His tone became different when he said Krystal’s name.

 

 Krystal. Krystal.

 

 Jihye still don’t know her but from it looks, she must be Sehun’s Ex. Jihye doesn’t want to ask him, she wants sehun to be the first to open up about her.

“She said that we’re going to do the DNA test today.” He looked away and sighed.

“Sehun, do you want me to come with you? I’ll come with you if you want.” Jihye finally offered. She thinks that it might help Sehun. Just to accompany him, that’s all.

“Is it okay with you? Are you not feeling disappointed with me? I mean. It’s just. Absurd.”

Sehun looks so messed up right now. Jihye sighed and held his arm.

“Don’t say that. I’m not in the position to feel disappointed Sehun. But let’s just take this as a problem that we can solve. I’m your wife and I’ll help you in any way. I’m here.” Jihye didn’t know where her words came from but she just says what her heart feels right now.

At that moment, Sehun felt that someone is actually there for him. He felt comfortable with her words, even though it’s just words but Sehun wants to believe her. And that’s unusual of him.

He unconsciously smiled.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Sehun and Jihye arrived at the hospital. It’s a private hospital a little far from Seoul. Sehun decided to take the test here with one of the doctor is his closest friend.

They’re on the 5th floor. Let’s go.” Sehun held Jihye’s hand as they went inside the elevator. Jihye is shocked because of Sehun’s sudden action. Her hand became stiff. She didn’t know what to do.

Sehun felt her hand became uncomfortable, instead of letting it go. He still held it and he began to draw circles on her palm. Sehun looked at her for a moment and their eyes met.

Sehun just smiled at her and Jihye smiled too. She quickly looked away since she felt her cheeks becoming warm. And with that she just let him hold her hand and not long after, she started to feel comfortable with her hand interlaced with his.

When they arrived at the 5th floor, Sehun and Jihye can see a woman facing her back to them while carrying a little boy in her arms. For some reason Jihye started to feel nervous, she didn’t know why.

“Krystal..” Sehun called her name. And finally, the woman faced us. Her smile fell when she saw Jihye with Sehun.

“Sehun…” Krystal’s eyes went to sehun then to their hand.

“You? You’re?” Krystal looked at Jihye.

Jihye thought that she saw her before but she can’t remember when, so this krystal is really familiar with her.

“She’s my wife Krystal.” Sehun cut krystal off.

“oh.” That’s the only word that came out from krystal mouth.

Jihye did a small bow, so did Krystal.

Then Sehun amd Jihye’s attention went to the little boy who is asleep in krystal’s arms.

 

He is?” Sehun asked krystal.

He is Jinwoo..” Krystal smiled when she looked at her son.

Jihye felt jealous at that moment, before she got married to Sehun. She always dreamed on having a family on her own and to have kids with someone she loves but then she realized that it’s impossible already. Well, that’s what she thinks.

Just then a doctor came out from the room. He smiled when he saw Sehun.

“Sehun-ah.” He smiled at me and sehun.

“Yesung hyung. It’s been a while.”

“yeah, and I guess this is Jihye?”

Jihye bowed at Yesung.

“Nice to meet you Jihye.”

“ Nice to meet you too. Yesung-shi”

But then Krystal cleared making us turn our attention to her. The Sehun finally remembered what their purpose here right now.

So hyung, you read what I sent you right? Can we start now? “

Yesung smiled and nodded his head.

After Sehun did the DNA test in the hospital, Yesung and Sehun is now talking privately inside of yesung’s office. Leaving Jihye, Krystal and Jinwoo. They’re sitting side by side. Neither of them wants to open up a conversation because they both thought that it’s so uncomfortable.

Jinwoo stirred from his sleep, jihye looks at Jinwoo. She became more uncomfortable knowing that the kid is already up.

Jinwoo-ah~ did you have a nice sleep?” Krystal rubs her hand on jinwoo’s back.

Jinwoo yawned and he opens his eyes slowly. When he saw his mom, he quickly wrapped his arms around her neck and snuggled closer to her.

E-eomma~”

When Jihye heard his voice for the first time, she can’t help but smile.

So cute~

Just then, when Jinwoo felt her gaze at him, he looks up to Jihye and their eyes met.

Jihye blinks for a few times before awkwardly waves her hand to him.

“Annyeong~” she mouthed

Jinwoo raised an eyebrow at her and he ignored Jihye after that. He snuggled closer to his mom. Jihye pouted at his response.

“Thank you Hyung.” Their attention went toward sehun who just came out of Yesung’s office.

Krystal and Jihye stand up and bowed at yesung.

Jihye warnly smiled at Yesung.

“Nice to meet you again Jihye-shi.” Yesung said

“Just contact me hyung if the results are out. We’ll be going.”

They said their goodbyes to each other. The whole time, Jinwoo is just staring quietly at Sehun.

Sehun saw Jinwoo looks at him and he finally realized that he’s awake.

Krystal made jinwoo face Sehun properly and she smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” she tried to make Jinwoo say it but he just ended it with a slight bow.

He still can’t talk properly.” Krystal said while smiling.

Unconsciously Sehun smiled too. Jihye saw this and she felt a tug on her chest. She doesn’t know why but it feels like it’s kinda bitter to her.

“We need to go krystal. We’ll just contact each other until the results are out. Just let this be between us okay. “ Sehun’s usual expression shows and his tone became different again compared to earlier.

Krystal just looked down and nodded.

I know. I’m sorry.” Krystal said quietly and Sehun just sighed.

I can’t drive you home. But you can take a cab at least right?”

Krystal just nodded.

Alright. You go first.” Krystal looks at us and they left.

 When krystal and Jinwoo left. Jihye and Sehun stood there for a moment.

“Let’s wait for a minute. We need to make sure that they left first. I don’t want to spread rumors or news in the public.” Sehun said.

Jihye just remained quiet.

After almost forever standing there, Sehun finally said that they can already leave. And again, before entering the elevator, Sehun held Jihye’s hand and Jihye felt his hand that it’s cold. Jihye just gave him a light squeeze.