11

My Eyes on You

Jihye went back home after the drama she had been through. She lifelessly opens the door of their house. Her clothes are still wet from the rain. It’s good that the rain already stop.

When she enters the house, Sehun is still not around. She threw her hand bag on the couch and she walks to the bathroom to change. After that, she went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. She gulps down the glass of water and she harshly wipes with the back of her hand.

She laid down the couch and she turns the tv on. Yixing’s face flashes in her mind. But she quickly brushes of that thought and she tried to focus on the tv. Slowly, Jihye’s eyes starts to close. She didn’t fight back because she’s so exhausted.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

It’s already midnight when Sehun came home. When he entered the house, it was dark and the tv is the only one that is . He turns on the lights and saw the sleeping figure on the couch. He removes her shoes and he saw the wet trails of jihye’s shoes.

He walks directly to their room but in the midway to their room. Something made him stop. He turns to see Jihye. He sighed and went to her. He grab the remote and turned the tv off. And then he tossed the remote on the table.

Sehun then, carried Jihye in a bridal style to their room.

Is she even eating? She’s so light.

 Sehun looks at her. He barely opens the door but he when successfully did it. He carefully places Jihye on their bed, not wanting her to wake up. When Sehun is about to pull away, Jihye snuggled to him closer. Sehun is on top of her and when jihye snuggled to him closer, he went even closer. Their face are so close and one wrong move, something might happen.

Sehun gulp at their closeness. Never did he felt this way. His gaze went to Jihye’s eyes, to her nose and lastly to her lips. He is breathing unevenly. He snapped out of his stupid thought when Jihye moved. Jihye turned to the other side. And Sehun quickly stands up and he straightened himself.

That was close. Sehun thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

*7:34*

Sehun just finished cooking their breakfast again, and Jihye is not yet up. He taps her fingers on the table.

What’s taking her so long to wake up?

Sehun didn’t want to wake her up. But since he have no choice since he’s running late for work and he still haven’t eaten his breakfast. He doesn’t like eating alone. So, he decided to wake her up.

When Sehun entered their room, Jihye is still sleeping. Her body is curled up but then sehun saw her that she’s shivering. Sehun went to Jihye,

“Yahh. Wake up now.” Sehun taps Jihye on the shoulder. But then he felt that she’s really shivering.

Yah. Are you alright?” still no response from Jihye. Sehun puts his hand on her forehead.

She’s burning. Aiish.

He quickly went out the room to find some medicine and a glass of water. When he came back to the room, he puts the glass of water on the table beside the bed and he shakes Jihye.

“Wake up Jihye..” Jihye slowly opens her eyes. Sehun puts his other hand behind her back, supporting her to sit up.  He then made sure that Jihye is leaning her back on the headboard.

Her face is so pale and it looks like that she will collapse at anytime.

“Here, eat this for you to feel better.” He grabbed the glass of water and gave her the medicine. But Jihye’s hand is shaking when she’s about to get the glass of water and medicine. Sehun sighed and decided to feed her.

“Open your mouth.” Jihye looked at him, she hesitating but unconsciously, opens.

After eating her medicine, sehun supports her to lie down again. When Sehun is about to get out of the room,

“Thank you S-sehun..” Jihye said cracking her voice when she mentioned his name.

But Sehun pretends that he didn’t hear it and he went outside their room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

Jihye woke up from her long sleep. She yawns while rubbing her eye with the back of her hand. The room is dark, she grab her phone from the table beside the bed and checks the time.

*8:09*

Already? She bolted up from the bed but then when she felt her head throb. She walks slowly out of the room.

Where’s Sehun? I should’ve cooked dinner by now. I over slept. 

When she is near the kitchen already, she heard Sehun talking. She carefully peeked at him, his back facing her while he’s holding his phone on his ear.

“What?! I told you already that this shouldn’t be out in the public… I still don’t believe you. Not until the DNA results tells it so. I will not acknowledge your son as my son, Krystal. “

Jihye puts her hand over mouth. She’s shocked from what she just heard.

I know it’s bad to eavesdrop but..

She blinks several times, still absorbing what she just heard from Sehun.  Jihye is about to run back to their room but it’s too late. Her legs were rooted on the ground. Sehun is already looking at her; he looked shocked to see Jihye too.

“J-jihye?” Sehun drops his hand to his side.

Jihye didn’t know what to do.

“I-I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to. I should just forget what I just heard an—“

“No. I mean. Aishhh. Jihye can we talk?”

Sehun ruffles his hair and he looks at Jihye.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

After what happened, the two is now sitting in the couch. No one spoke a word since they decided to talk. The awkward atmosphere filled the air. Jihye is looking down, busy playing with her fingers.

I want to run away right now. She thought.

“Jihye. *sighs* did you heard everything?” Jihye is hesitating to answer.

“Jihye?.” Sehun calls her name once again.

“I’m sorry Sehun. I know I shouldn’t be listening, I was about to go back to the room—“

“What did you heard Jihye? Tell me.”

Jihye’s heart is beating crazily. She is scared at Sehun’s tone.

“I-I heard you’re talking to someone and you said that you’ll not acknowledge your son as my son.”

Sehun heavily sighed and let out a frustrating growl.

Jihye flinched at his action. Her body instinctively moves away from him.

When sehun saw her reaction, he tried to keep calm.

“Jihye, I want you to listen to me and please understand.”

Jihye nodded almost instantly. She just wanted this conversation to finish.

Sehun made her look at him. He placed her fingers under her chin to make her look up.

“Look at me while talking.”

Their faces are dangerously close to each other. Jihye nervously gulped down.

W-why am I feeling so nervous? I’m just scared right?

“ Jihye, just keep this a secret between us okay? Aissh. How the hell will I start?” Sehun leans his back on the couch.  He closed his eyes while he rubs his temples.

“ My ex-girlfriend and I met up recently. She called me first and asks for us to meet. I really didn’t want to go. But there is something that made me go. I don’t what that it. And then when we met, she started saying that I have a son. She said that I got her pregnant 2 years ago that’s why she broke up with me.”

He laughed bitterly.

“And now, she wants me to take the responsibility to the child. But you know it’s not good to do it right? Especially when the public knows that I’m married. And dad will probably kill me. And it will hard for you too. This is supposed to be a secret. I will fix this by myself, but then..

He opened his eyes and looks at me.

“Please, keep this a secret. I’m sorry if I disappoint you. I’m going to fix this.”

“Is he really your son?” Jihye didn’t know but it just slipped out of her tongue.

“Do you think he is your son?”

“No. She just wants to ruin me. I will prove her wrong.”

“What if he’s really your son? What are you going to do Sehun?”

There’s a pause. They looked at each other for a moment.

“I don’t know.” Sehun said, almost sounding a whisper.