1

My Eyes on You

“Yes mom, okay. See you later.”

I place my phone back to my pocket after my short phone call with my mom.

Mom said that they will be having their dinner here at our house.

It has been 4 months since me and Sehun got married.

It’s just a simple wedding. Some relatives, our parents close friends and some well known business men.

Since I got married, I always spent my time at home. I mean, My father forced me to quit my job.

I used to be a pre-school teacher. I’m really upset that my father wants me to quit my job. I don’t understand the problem. I can still work at the same time I can still care of our house, our image and oh sehun. Ughh but I have no choice.

I shook my head. I better start preparing for our dinner for tonight . I went downstairs and went to the fridge to look for ingredients.

“Peppers, uhmm. Onions?”

One by one I took the ingredients and started to wash them. Just then I heard sehun’s car.

My heart started to pound.

*dugeun.. Dugeun… Dugeun…*

Oh gosh.

I glance at the front door and saw him enter.

I tried to focus on cutting the ingredients.

It’s not that I like sehun or something.

It’s just his presence is somewhat intimidating?

Before I got married to him, I heard different rumors about him. They say he’s really scary and cold. Well, that’s what they said.

When I first met him at the dinner party before the wedding, I conclude that he’s really scary. By just the look from his eyes.

His poker face.

He always has that poker face. I thought I can be at least being friends with him but I was scared.

What if he doesn’t want to? What if he hates me? Well, he really hates me. By just this marriage thingy ruined our life.

And starting from that night, I can’t even look straight at his face. How I wish our parents gave us time to know each other so that we can’t be this awkward. I mean, can you imagine marrying someone you just met the night before your wedding? What will you expect? We’re not even acquaintance!

I came back to reality when I felt his stare.

I don’t want to look at him, I’m cutting the ingredients but my mind is debating whether to greet him or at least look at him.

I gulp.

But then I failed, I slowly look at him and saw him coming towards me.

*Dugeun..Dugeun..*

I saw his face with his usual expression.

-.-

He walks towards where I am, I thought he will talk to me or something but he went pass me.

“Can’t you close the faucet properly?”

“huh?”

I dumbly replied. I was taken back when he talked to me.

He closed the faucet and went upstairs.

My attention went to the faucet

Ah! The faucet! I didn’t close it properly. Maybe I’m really not used to hear his voice.

Oh well, I should continue cooking.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

It’s already 7:20 when I finished cooking.

Sehun and I are still waiting for our parents to arrive.

I sat down the couch. I wore something extra special tonight. Since I got married to sehun, this is the 3rd time that we will have a family dinner with our parents.

I wore the floral peach dress that my sister gave me. Yes, I have a sister. She’s 4 years older than me, her name is jihyo. She has a daughter already and her name is hana, she’s turning 1 this year.

I actually envy my unnie, she married someone she loves and she’s not forced to quit her job and do house chores. But she keeps telling me that I’m lucky to have sehun as my husband. Well yeah. I’m really lucky.

I sometimes feel that I’m just a maid. You know what I mean? Ugh. Before I become frustrated.

I decided to get some water for a while. And I saw sehun coming out from the kitchen. He didn’t even glance at me, he just walk towards the couch and sat down comfortably. While I gulp down the glass of water, I heard my mom’s voice.

“Aigoo! Hello sehun, you look really handsome.. where’s jihye? Jihye deaaar?”

I quickly went to the living room and saw my parents and his parents smiling widely while they exchange hugs.

“omma~” I went to hug umma and appa and bowed at them.

Sehun’s mom hugged me tightly.

“Annyeonghaseyo omonim! Abeoji!”

“Jihye-ahh~ you’re getting prettier everytime I see you. We really made the right choice. Sehun should thank us for him to have a pretty wife like you”

“omma~” sehun gave him a look and I just laughed awkwardly.

“uhmm. We should eat first; I know you’re all hungry so I prepared a lot”

“Right, let’s eat first” sehun said as he led them to the kitchen.

But his mother pulled my arm making me stop.

“o-omonim?” I was startled by her action.

She smiled cheekily

“jihye-ah~ is there a good news already?” she wiggled her eyebrows.

 

Goodnews? What goodnews?

“What goodnews omonim?” I looked at her confusingly.

“eyy. You know what I mean—“

She was cut off by the call of sehun.

“omma? Let’s eat”

“arasso. Let’s talk about it later”

She pulled my arm as we went to the kitchen.

I sat next to sehun. The dinner went well. Our parents keep on telling different stories, which is actually more on about business which I really don’t understand.

“jihye-ah~ is sehun treating you well?” his father asked me.

I quickly look at him and smiled.

“ah yes abeoji. Don’t worry he’s is treating me well.”

“well that’s good to hear. I hope we will have good news soon. And by the way where do you plan to spend your honeymoon? You two should have a vacation. Especially you sehun, don’t stress too much about work. You should take care of your wife more.”

I looked at sehun and our eyes met. I awkwardly dart my attention back to his father.

“yes appa, but I don’t think a honeymoon is necessary. I still have many works to do.”

“he’s right abeoji. We don’t need a honeymoon. Besides, sehun is really busy these days.”

I added.

“alright. If that’s what you want. Just don’t let him over work. I know you can take care of our sehun well jihye-ah~”

I just fake smiled.

“We’re all done eating right? Let’s continue talking on the living room.”

His mother announced as one by one went to the living room, leaving me and omonim in the kitchen.

“c’mon I’ll help you”

“ani. Omonim. I can take care of this.”

“eyy, actually I really want to ask if you and sehun are okay with each other?”

I really hesitate to answer at first.

“o-of course omonim.”

“That’s great. I hope we can hear good news from you two. You know his father is really excited for you two to have a child already so am I.”

I felt my cheeks became warm by omonim’s words. I laughed awkwardly.

“a-ah. Neh.”

I actually expected this from his parents but isn’t it too soon and sehun and I are not like that. We’re just married because of business. And now they want a child. I need to act okay with it but no.

No, I don’t want. Isn’t it too much they’re asking for us?

Omonim tapped my shoulder and gave me a quick hug.


“ if you need anything or if you have a problem, don’t forget to just call me okay?”

I sincerely smiled.

“ neh omonim. Thank you”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  -

 

Our parents went home already. We talked for a while in living room. Actually our parents did all the talking. Me and sehun are just sitting quietly. We will just reply to their questions.

I sighed. I’m really sleepy already. Sehun first went upstairs, leaving me sitting in the couch.

I’m too lazy to move. But I really need to sleep. I then went to our room. Yes, sehun and I are sleeping in the same room, same bed. But we always make sure to have our boundaries.

We sleep on each side of the bed, leaving a big space between us. Sehun seems not to care if we share the same bed or not, well I don’t too. As longs as he don’t mind my own business and I’ll do the same with him.

When I opened the door, sehun is nowhere to be found but then I saw the bathroom light is on. Maybe he’s taking a bath.

I opened my closet and got my PJ’s. I yawned tiredly as I sat at the edge of the bed, waiting for sehun to finish.

Just then, I saw him walks out from the bathroom. He’s wearing a simple v neck shirt and his pajama. He walks at the other side of the bed. I quickly grab my clothes and went inside the bathroom.

When I finished taking a bath, I went out and saw sehun sleeping soundly. I walk towards the other side of the bed and I yawn as I lay down to sleep. His back was facing me and I did the same. I pulled the cover under my chin to make me feel warmer. And I went off to dreamland.



- - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

HI GUYS! I'M BACK WITH A NEW STORY! HOPE YOU'LL IT! PLEASE DO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! THANK YOU!