Hard Times

Prince Alarming II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up from my sleep when I heard the doorbell multiple times. It was six in the morning.

I opened the door and an office lady was in front of me.

"Yes?" I groggily asked.

"Goodmorning Ms. Lee, I have to hand you this." She handed me an envelope, I opened it and it were bills. 

"Why are you giving me this?" It was the first time the bills were showed to me.

"You're payment is delayed for almost six months, You need to pay now or else we're sorry but we'll be taking your unit." 

I was anxious. I don't know what to do. I'll be homeless.

My aunt was the one who's paying my bills, she promised she'll be taking care of me until I graduate. And suddenly, she disappeared without any word. 

"Wait- this is so sudden. Theres someone who's sending money for this unit right? Monthly?" I asked.

"There is, but it stopped a year ago. I'm sorry Ms. Lee but the delay can't be more than six months." 

"Please give me more time, Please, I can't pay this big right now." I begged.

"But-"

"I'm begging you." I kneeled in misery in front of her. 

"Oh Ms. Lee, Okay, i'll try to convince our manager. Please stand up." She took and helped me back on my feet. 

"Thank you so much."  I bowed. 

"I'll give you two weeks, thats all I can do for you." She said.

I wanted to ask for more time but I have no choice but to accept it. "Thank you." 

I leaned at the door as soon as I closed it. I'm completely baffled. 

I fell on the floor and ended up crying.

Why is this happening to me?

 

Its been a week and Jinee is not attending classes. It was unusual of her to take absences, since she's a top student. 

The last bell rang and I rushed to our professor.

"Mr. Wong, What happened to Ms. Lee?" I asked.

"She sent a letter that she's sick." He replied.

I stopped. Sick? For a week? 

I ran towards the place she works. I saw harabeoji.

"Harabeoji!" 

He flinched and lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter