Chapter 06

If you Stay

As the weeks passed by Kyungsoo found he settling into his new school and the many friendships he had formed within it. He began spending weekends with Baekyun, Sehun and Luhan, often just going to the mall or spending time at each other’s houses. He also found himself forming a friendship with Jongin and Chanyeol, and even with Alana. He enjoyed the time he spent with these people and hoped that he would be able to maintain these new found friendships. He smiled at this thought as he sat down at the lunch table with Baekyun, Sehun and Luhan.

“Kyungsoo buddy, you’re looking good, you know despite the rumour and all” Baekyun smiled toward Kyungsoo.
“What rumour?” Kyungsoo eyed cautiously. It was high school and rumours were to be expected, so he wasn’t overly worried.
“The one about you being gay. Yeah people are saying you have been weird in the locker room and ignoring girl’s advances and stuff. Obviously someone is jealous and making up.” Baekyun laughed awkwardly.

Heat filled Kyungsoo’s checks turning them to a florescent red. His breathing hitched in his throat and his mind raced. He thought he was doing well to mask his uality. But obviously not well enough. He forced laughter and shook his head “that’s ridiculous” he stammered unconvincingly.  Sehun interjected, quickly changing the topic to spare Kyungsoo embarrassment, which he appreciated.

How he could fix this and put out the spark of the rumour before it turned to flame and burnt him alive Kyungsoo didn’t yet know. But he would have to figure it out before the days end lest he be labelled a homoual and suffer the consequences much like his last school. Just thinking about the school sent shivers down his spine. The events of the day were still fresh in his mind and the pain that came with them.
_____

Kyungsoo was seated by himself on the lounge. He could feel the effect of the drinks he’d had starting to hit him when his friend Ryan approached, flopping on the couch next to him. Ryan extended his arm around Kyungsoo and brought the raven haired beauty to his side. Kyungsoo leaned into the older male, and enjoyed the warmth and breathed in the boys scent. His head spun with the effect of the vodka he’d consumed and when Ryan turned talk to him his body acted before his mind could comprehend what was happening. He reached his hand up, pressing his thin fingers to Ryan’s cheek. He craned his neck upward and pressed his swollen lips to Ryan’s.

Ryan stood throwing the smaller boy off of him, screaming “DID YOU JUST KISS ME YOU ING !”
Kyungsoo sat in shock, at what he had done, and at how his friend had reacted to it.  He stammered and attempted to explain his actions, blaming them on his excessive alcohol consumption. But he found himself surrounded by Ryan’s friends and when Kyungsoo stood to leave he was forced back down onto the couch. Ryan drew back his fist and forced it into Kyungsoo’s jaw.  Kyungsoo chocked for air and tried to stand once again and run from the boys but one grabbed his wrist and held on tightly forcing a halt in his movement. The boy turned Kyungsoo to face Ryan who bore sadistic grin and furrowed brows.

“I can’t believe you were a homo, I’ll show you what we do to homo’s Suzie” Ryan proclaimed the curve of his lips increasing. He proceeded to punch Kyungsoo until the boys holding him could barely hold him upright. They dragged him from the house and dropped his heavy body onto the grass. Kyungsoo blinked up at the turned back of his former friend and coughed blood in place of air. His breathing became heavy and his head dizzy.

____

Kyungsoo decided that the best approach to this issue was a visual display of heterouality. Meaning he had to show ual interest in a woman. He racked his brain of how to do this best and decided to ask a girl out, even if rejected which he hopefully would be, it would still show he retains an interest in females. He decided he would ask Alana, as he hasn’t actually spoken to any other girls. Hopefully she would say no.

When he entered chemistry Kyungsoo took his seat next to Alana, he smiled at her warmly and made sure his gaze lingered on her more than an appropriate amount of time.  He made sure that he sat closer than usual and grazed his arm with hers occasionally on ‘accident.’ When the class ended Kyungsoo, knowing other were around them, turned to Alana.

“So Alana, what are you doing this weekend” He asked, a playful smirk dancing on his lips.
“Umm nothing, you” She smiled back at him, as she lifted her backpack from the ground and slung it over her shoulders.
“Well I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie or something, I mean if you want to, if you don’t that cool” He fumbled on the words, knowing he would have to appear nervous in asking out a girl, as was expected of his character.
“Yeah, yes of course, I’d love to.” She exclaimed enthusiastically.
Kyungsoo smiled back to her, and put on his best excited face, with his wide smile not quite reaching his eyes. “Cool, I’ll text you later then?” He confirmed.
“Yeah, of course, I’ll see you later.” She chimed as she exited the classroom on her way to the final lesson of the day.

Kyungsoo looked to the people who remained in the class dawdling, many shifted their gaze from him when he glanced toward them which confirmed that they were watching. Hopefully this news would spread as fast as the news he was gay, and the two would cancel each other out. He smiled to himself, as he made his way to English, satisfied with his performance. Although it did result in a date which he was hoping wouldn't happen, at least it was with a friend and the time they spent together would be enjoyable.