Chapter 14

If you Stay

Ba-bump, Ba-bump, Ba-bump. Kyungsoo’s heart was beating so fast it felt as though it was going to burst out of his chest. The simple thought of this made him re-coil as he pictured some gruesome seen from alien. He slid further down into his seat. Glancing up toward the tall male to his left he swallowed hard. Jongin was happily singing along to the radio, eyes fixed forward, and he hadn’t seemed to notice that the smaller male had been staring at him the entire trip.

As Jongin pulled into his drive way Kyungsoo’s breathing became more rigid. The taller looked to Kyungsoo a smile fixed broadly on face. “C’mon.” he said, unclipping his seatbelt and clipping out of his car. Kyungsoo fumbled with the clip of his seatbelt. He slipped out of the car, gently pushing the door closed. And clambering for his crutches from the back seat and stumbling after Jongin.

The door opened into an entry way, to the left was a living room where his mother was reading on the sofa. Jongin hovered for a moment at the base of the stairs, his right foot poised on the first step. “Mum this is my friend Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo this is my mum.” Jongin hastily gestured. Kyungsoo bowed slightly mumbling a “hello Mrs Kim you have a lovely home.” Jongin turned his attention to the raven haired beauty, assessing him. “This isn’t going to work.” He sighed looking to Kyungsoo’s crutches, as a deep set pink spread through his cheeks. He briskly walked toward Kyungsoo, and bent down tossing the smaller over his shoulder effortlessly. Kyungsoo let out a childish yelp, which earned a chuckle from the taller. Jongin’s mother seemed quite shocked and jumped to her feet, “Is this really necessary Jongin?” she scolded but the boy just smiled toward his mother and sprinted up stairs, the smaller male bouncing around on his back.

Jongin burst through his bedroom door, throwing his backpack by the door. And tossing the smaller male onto his bed.  Soo let out a sharp breathe as pain tingled at his ankle. Jongin instantly regretted his action and dropped onto the bed beside Soo. ”are you ok? Did I hurt you? I’m so sorry” he clamoured, reaching out and gently inspecting the boy’s injury. Kyungsoo shook his head feverishly “I-I’m ok” he turned his gaze toward Jongin and offered a weak smile, poorly masking the pain. Jongin sighed, accepting the boy’s lies and made his way toward the TV Across from bed.

He crouched down and shuffled around the different games, switching on the Wii. Kyungsoo remained in the doorway, unsure of what to do. Jongin looked over his shoulder a wide set grin plastered on his face. “You are going to love this.” Jongin bounced to his feet and strode across the room, sitting next the boy with the heart shaped lips. He handed the controller to Kyungsoo with a smile, Kyungsoo matched the smile with significantly less enthusiasm.

Jongin and Kyungsoo played Mario kart for the length of an hour and a half, Kyungsoo got better with every lap but couldn’t begin to match Jongin. However the latter seemed to be getting progressively worse until finally Kyungsoo won a race. Kyungsoo threw his arms over his head, screaming “I did it.” Before falling back onto the bed. Chuckling Jongin flopped back onto the bed next to the smaller male. He turned his head to the left, looking intently at Kyungsoo who seemed to be thrilled with himself. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, a smile fixated across his plump lips.

“Having fun?” Jongin smiled, Kyungsoo nodded slowly in response. “Yeah, this is really…good.” He opened his eyes, turning those black pools back toward Jongin. Jongin let out a breathy sigh and Kyungsoo suddenly became aware of his situation. All the blood began to rush to his face and he could feel his cheeks reddening, he quickly shifted his gaze back toward to ceiling. ‘Ok Soo you can do this. It’s just two friends hanging out. Two very straight friends hanging out. Two friends who definitely don’t have any feelings for one another hanging out.’ Kyungsoo thought to himself. He sighed in an attempt to level his breathing.

“I don’t get you.” Jongin sighed. Kyungsoo turned his head back toward Jongin. “What do you mean?” Kyungsoo asked, nerves pricking at the back of his neck.

“Well. You kind of fluctuate between liking me and not. One week we’re friends and you’re happy to spend time at camp together. The next you ignore all my text. The week after that you come to my house. I’m just so confused. What are we?” Jongin sat up, almost pleading with him. Soo groaned. He’d given up on this self-control thing and his emotions were beginning to take over. He struggled to sit up.

 “I don’t know Jongin, cause one week we’re friends and joking around, the next you’re on top of me in my sleep. I don’t know what to think and I don’t know what you’re playing at. But I’m not playing this game.” Kyungsoo yelled, his face red and tears threatening to spill over.

Jongin furrowed his brow and locked his jaw. Kyungsoo’s breathing was heavy “I just-“ Kyungsoo started but was cut off when Jongin brought their lips crashing together. Kyungsoo gasped into the kiss which allowed Jongin passage to the warm cavern of his mouth. Pushing back Kyungsoo was met with a strong hand on the back of his head, pushing him further into the kiss. Kyungsoo brought his hands to Jongin’s chest and gave a weak push. However as Jongin pressed further into him Kyungsoo could feel himself slipping away.

Kyungsoo’s fingers curled around the fabric of Jongin’s shirt and found himself leaning into the tanned soccer player. Their tongues entwined, Kyungsoo’s head was spinning. Until finally he broke away, gulping down oxygen. A broad smile broke across Jongin’s face a deep laugh bubbled within his chest. He grabbed Kyungsoo’s slender shoulders and brought the boy into his chest. Leaning down Jongin nuzzled into Kyungsoo’s hair and whispered “You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.”

Kyungsoo pushed against Jongin’s broad chest, breaking free of his embrace. Heat filled his cheeks and tears threatened to spill at the corners of his eyes. Jongin’s smile quickly fell at the sight of the small boy trembling before him. Before Jongin could ask what was wrong Kyungsoo opened his mouth and emitted a deep scream. He threw himself backward onto the bed, and continued to scream. Jongin jumped at the sound and when the boy didn’t cease his hollering he sat atop him, covering his heart shaped lips with a broad hand.

Kyungsoo lulled his screams, his chest heaving. Jongin stared down at him wide eyed. “What was that about?”  Jongin exhaled. He slowly removed his hand from the smaller boy’s mouth. Kyungsoo opened his mouth to retort but no noise came out. Closing his mouth, lips tightly brought together he swallowed hard and tried again. “You need to stop playing with me Jongin. I just, I can’t do this. Not again.” He shakily brought his hands to Jongin’s chest with the intention of pushing him off but instead his hands rest there.

“I’m not playing any games Soo. I want you, I mean I want to be with you.” Jongin said softly, gently bringing his hand to Kyungsoo’s cheek and wiping at the corner of his eye. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, squeezing the lids tightly shut. He choked in a deep breathe. Jongin leaned down, pressing his forehead firmly against Kyungsoo’s.

Taking a deep breathe Kyungsoo sighed “Ok.” 

 

 

An early update too make up for my recent tardiness. I hope this chapter is ok, i struggled a little through it. as usual sorry for any spelling mistakes and let me know what you think. ^^