Chapter 12

If you Stay

Kyungsoo woke to a searing pain in his ankle. He threw himself into a sitting position and gripped at his foot, which escalated the pain and brought a small groan from him. He released his grip on his ankle and looked at the swollen flesh sighing. “Hurt huh?” Jongin remarked from his bunk, watching the smaller male intently. “Yeah.” Kyungsoo mumbled, looking over to the boy. Jongin climbed out of the bunk and made his way across the small room, sitting on the edge of Kyungsoo’s bed. 

“Need some pain killers?” he asked, extending his hand and offering two small white pills. Kyungsoo smiled thankfully and accepted the offer, carefully taking the pills and reaching for his water bottle on the ground next to his bunk. He gulped down the water along with the pills and let out a satisfied sigh at the hydration, he hadn’t realised he was so parched. Looking up to Jongin he smiled and thanked him before the thought of their previous interaction crossed his mind and his cheeks turned a deep crimson in response. Kyungsoo brought his gaze back to his swollen ankle and he quietly hope Jongin would leave, but he remained seated at the edge of the bed. 

Leaning down Jongin inspected the injury being careful to touch the boys skin delicately so not to cause him pain. Kyungsoo threw his head to the left, refusing to look at Jongin. 

Jongin turned his gaze back to the raven haired beauty and smiled. “It shouldn’t take to long to heal, it’s only a sprain after all.” 

“I know that.” Kyungsoo huffed.

“Well the school contacted your mum, she’ll probably be here sometime around 10 i think they said.” Jongin smiled.

Kyungsoo opened his mouth to respond but before words could leave his mouth, a pillow collided with the side of Jongin’s head and a disgruntled Chanyeol was sat up on the top bunk. “Would you too shut it! it’s 6am and i need my beauty sleep.” He grumbled. 

“Sorry.” Kyungsoo replied bashfully. With that Chanyeol flopped back down on his bed and Jongin chuckled lightly turning his attention back to his ‘patient’. 

“I’ll look after you until your mum gets you, the teachers already said i could.” He smiled and Kyungsoo nodded reluctantly, knowing better than to fight Jongin on this. 

Kyungsoo laid back down, rolling on his side to face the wall. Sleep came over him with ease, he didn’t realise a sore ankle would exhaust him so much, but he didn’t recall being so tired before outside of exam periods. 

——————

Hours later Kyungsoo slowly blinked his lids open. He went to sit up but found a force holding him down. He shifted his gaze downward to find and arm firmly wrapped around his waist and became painfully aware of the sleeping giant he was tethered to. Pink consumed Kyungsoo’s delicate features and he struggled to get out of the boys grasp. However Kyungsoo’s struggling only resulted in him kicking his injured foot against the brick wall which brought a high pitched scream from him, the likes of which could probably be heard from the dining hall. 

Jongin startled awake threw himself backward and landed on the hard ground with a thud, he stared up at Kyungsoo in shock before worry consumed him and he jumped to his feet. Kyungsoo sat up clinging at his foot with tear filled eyes. Jongin removed the boys hands from his injury and urged him to lie down once more. “That’ll just make it worse.” He snapped when Kyungsoo tried to push back. 

“WHAT’S WITH YOU ANYWAY! EVERY TIME I FALL ASLEPP I WAKE UP WITH YOU TOUCHING ME.” Kyungsoo exclaimed heat filling his cheeks.

“Oh, sorry i fell asleep. I didn’t mean to I swear! I’m just. Well I’m a hugger in my sleep.” Jongin rambled, looking to his hands in shame.

“Oh ok, sorry for yelling. But what’s your excuse for the first time then.” Kyungsoo queried, his brows tightly knitted together.

Jongin opened his mouth to respond but no words escaped. He sighed deeply closing his mouth again and pink filling his cheeks. Kyungsoo suddenly felt bad for bringing it up. The boy looked so utterly pathetic, fumbling with his fingers and pink faced, Kyungsoo couldn’t bring himself to be mad. Sighing Kyungsoo mumbled “whatever, it’s cool.” 

Before Jongin could respond the door was flung open and a small woman rushed her way into the room. She threw her self onto Kyungsoo, pulling the boy to her chest tightly and kissing the top of his head repeatedly. “This is what happens when you try sports Soo, we both know you aren’t cut out for this. I expect that you’ll be done with this and quit the team. I don’t want you to get hurt.” She rambled pulling back to face her son and held his head between her hands, squeezing so tightly his cheeks were brought together. 

Jongin chuckled and Kyungsoo once again became aware of the boys present. Kyungsoo instantly began to fight his mothers affections at the embarrassment but his efforts were in vain. and it just led her to bring him back to her chest in a firm, and humiliating, hug. 

____

Kyungsoo stared out the window with his earphones in for the entire journey home. It was so embarrassing that he only made it two nights into their sports retweet before he had to have his mother come and pick him up. He was sure he wouldn’t be living it down anytime soon. However he was released, Jongin at school is enough, twenty four hours with the boy almost seemed unbearable. He was nice and attentive which Kyungsoo figured was admirable. But what’s with the touching? AND HE KISSED KYUNGSOO. Or was that a dream? Kyungsoo sighed deeply in frustration. He couldn’t stand not understanding something and right know he wasn’t understanding a lot. 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------
I'm so sorry, this chpater is short, and more than late. I've been swamped with uni but i promise I will try harder to be more regular!