Chapter 13

If you Stay
 

Kyungsoo spent the following week in pure bliss. His mother allowed the time he was meant to be missing at camp to heal. Being up to date with school work he spent his time listening to music, reading and practicing his singing. 

On the third day of his mini holiday Kyungsoo was sitting on his computer scrolling through into the depths of his favourite blog. Having been away a few days he missed some post and needed to catch up. A harsh buzzing began to pulse through the wood of his desk. Kyungsoo picked up his phone, not immediately recognising the number he swiped to answer. Pressing the cool glass of the screen against his hear he chirped "hello?" 

"WHAT HAPPENED I JUST HEARD ABOUT YOUR INJURY I AM ON MY WAY!" The voice from the other end hollared. 

"What? What's happening?" Kyungsoo stumbled, taken back by the enthusiasm 

"It's baekyun you , I'm on my way to your house. See you soon." Baekyun sighed, clearly frustrated by kyungsoo's slow response time.  Baekyun then clicked the end call button and loud continuous beep assaulting kyungsoo's ear. 

Ten minutes later there was a light tapping on kyungsoo's door before his mother opened the door. Behind her stood baekyun with a deep set frown planted on his face. 

"Look soo you have a visitor." His mother smiled 

"Thanks mum." Kyungsoo sighed 

Kyungsoo's mother made her way back down stairs, leaving baekyun to stride into Kyungsoo's room, securing the door behind him. Rushing toward the bed he planted himself beside Kyungsoo, sitting to face him. 

"What happened?" Baekyun whined 

Sighing Kyungsoo furrowed his brow, bringing his hand to his forehead. "Well. We were on a nature hike and I fell, twisting my ankle. It was super embarrassing and I had to be carried back to camp by jongin. They called mum and she got me the next day." 

"So you've had a whole three days off to spend with Alana. You dog." Baekyun teased.  Kyungsoo smiled laughing awkwardly in response.

 He hadn't spoken to Alana since that phone call at camp. He's not a very good fake boyfriend. He made a mental note to call her later, it'd be nice to talk to someone about what had happened. At that thought he wondered if he could tell baekyun. Baekyun is probably his closest friend outside of Alana. He doesn't seem like he would judge negatively. 

But he couldn't take hat risk.

Not again.

The boys spent the afternoon watching movies in kyungsoos room. Baekyun did a lot of talking and soo did a lot of listening. 

---------

The next week kyungsoo was forced back to school by his mother. Despite his protest. But he had fallen behind on his school work, so he didn't put up a very big fight. 

Baekyun had agreed to picking him up from his house and driving him to school, seeing as he was still on crutches. Baekyun arrived at his house at 8:10, crashing his fist into the door and being greeting by a disgruntled kyungsoo. 

The trip to school was quite, by Baekyun standards at least. The boy did chatter about whatever movie he had watched the night before but kyungsoos lack of enthusiasm in his response eventually killed the conversation. They pulled into the parking lot and baekyun carried kyungsoos books as the latter hobbled toward the door clumsily on his crutches. 

The two made their way to first period, English. Kyungsoo flopped down into his desk, turning his attention to the empty desk next to him he raised a brow. Looking back to baekyun he asked baekyun "where's mr sport" with a chuckle baekyun replied 

"He's probably just late." 

As though summoned by the mere mention of his name the tanned boy slipped through the door and made his way to his desk. Beaming when his eyes fell on the injured boy. 

"You're back! How are you feeling?" The boy pressed eyes shifting to the crutches leaning against the desk. "If you need help just let me know." Blushing kyungsoo nodded turning his focus to his desk. The flood of memories of his last day at camp hitting him all at once with the tall sportsman's presence. 

At lunch jongin sat across from kyungsoo and filled him in of all he missed at camp. "You didn't miss a lot, we played a lot of games and stuff not really interested. But Tao slept walked and ended up in the football field which was funny." The boy chuckled. "Get up to much at home?" 

"I watched a lot of movies. Played a couple of games." Kyungsoo replied bash fully, he had digressed to their initial interactions and was incredibly shy and nervous. 

"Oh you play, like what?" Jongin queried, leaning across the table to better hear the quite boy. 

"Oh um not a lot, I played skyrim and a bit of Pokemon." Kyungsoo mumbled, picking at the hem of his shirt.

"Oh my gosh yes! You just got a million times better!" Jongin cheered, startling kyungsoo with the over zealous reaction. 

The boys spent their lunch brake discussing various video games and kyungsoo learnt that jongin, was a bit of a geek. 

"WHAT YOU HAVENT PLAYED MARIO CART? it's like the beginners game. Where was your childhood?" Before kyungsoo could manage a response to jongins out burst jongins continued. "That settles it you're coming to my house this afternoon and I'm showing you the wonderful world of Mario." 

Kyungsoo swallowed hard with the realisation of the situation he had put himself in. He was to spend the afternoon. At jongins house. One on one. 

And he couldn't be more terrified.

 

 

As usual sorry for spelling mistakes. And I'm so so sorry, I haven't updated in over a month. Uni has gotten crazy and I haven't had the spare moment. 😓 please forgive me.