Chapter 10

If you Stay

The next day the boys woke to the sound of Chanyeol’s obnoxious alarm clock. They were told by teachers to be in the dining hall for breakfast by 7. It was 6:30 and Kyungsoo was not happy. The boy threw himself on his side facing the wall and brought an arm over his head. the others slowly made their way out of bed, Tao heading to have the first shower. The other two boys prepared there outfits for the day and busied themselves with other morning routine activities. All the while Kyungsoo remained stubborn, and asleep. 
Once it was his turn for a shower Jongin nudged the small boy who groaned deeply in response. “Get up.” Jongin demanded, frustration evident in his tone. “Nah.” Kyungsoo responded, curling himself into a ball. Jongin had to admit, he looked cute, he was just so small. But not cute enough to warrant missing breakfast. Before Jongin could further pester Chanyeol’s launched himself onto the dozing boy. Kyungsoo squealed in response and began to struggle under the weight of the giant.
Kyungsoo thrashed and Chanyeol didn’t budge an inch. The boy’s weight was to much for the petite beauty. “Ready to get up?” Chanyeol laughed and he received a weak punch in response. Chanyeol lifted himself from the bed, satisfied with his wakeup call and made his way to the mirror to fix his hair. Kyungsoo reluctantly rose from his bed, lest he be attacked again and drudged his way to the shower.
The boys sat at the same table as the day before. The cafeteria offered various cereals or a hot breakfast of bacon and eggs. Kyungsoo sat with a bowl of corn flakes and lazily ate while the others ehtusiastically scoffed down their breakfast in hopes to beat the crowd for seconds. Jongin watched kyungsoo as he stirred his cereal absent mindedly around in his bowl. “Is that all you’re going to have?” Jongin queried, concern in his voice. Kyungsoo was surprised by the sudden question and looked down into his bowl bashfully.
“This is what i normally have. I’m not a big eater.” Kyungsoo replied, timidly.
“You got an eating disorder or something?” Tao remarked. taking the group by surprise and creating an awkward tension. 
Chanyeol chuckled nervously and said “Well look at the size of him i doubt he needs to eat a whole lot to be full” Kyungsoo nodded in response and the others relaxed. However Jongin remained agitated at Tao’s insensitive comment. 
__
After breakfast the boys were divided into their respective sports and led off by their coaches or instructors for the days activities. Kyungsoo didn’t yet know anyone very well in his team. 
When ushered to a field the boys stood in a disorganised cluster. Many boys sought out their friends and stood closely with them. Embarrassed at his lack of friends Kyungsoo began to step back, hoping to make his way to the back of the group. However Kyungsoo stepped back too far, colliding into the chest of another student. Kyungsoo spun around, apologising profusely for his clumsiness but only received a chuckle in response from the male. Kyungsoo’s cheeks turned to a light pink in response. “I’m Kim Minseok. You’re that new kid right?” The boy smiled. 
Kyungsoo nodded and replied “Do Kyungsoo.” Minseok smiled in response and the boys were interrupted at the blowing call of the teacher. 
“Right. We’re going to warm up with a fun little game of ‘red rover cross over’. I Need a volunteer to be it.”
One boy ran forward and with that the game was able to begin. The boys stood poised and ready and when the teacher yelled “Start” They ran forward at full force. Kyungsoo was startled at first and had a later start. Making him a prime target. However he was able spin around an advancing tip and successfully made his way to the other side. 
The game continued to unfold and more and more boys dropped off, kyungsoo was the sixth boy to be tagged. He was too embarrassed to tag other players but after a scolding from his team mate he decided to put it more of an effort. He kicked into gear and as the runners approached Kyungsoo pursued with determination. He sought out the boy from earlier. minseok. 
He chased Minseok down and despite escaping his grasp a on two occasions Kyungsoo was finally successful at tagging the boy after throwing himself and catching his ankle. His tripped slightly but didn't fall, he looked to Kyungsoo huffing with a broad smile plastered on his face. “you’re good.” was all the boy remarked and Kyungsoo smiled in response. 

___
That night the boys were eager for bed, the day of training and games had taken it out of them. They were in bed by around nine o’clock and fast asleep by ten. However Kyungsoo was stirred awake at one am by the persistent buzzing of his phone which lay on the floor next to his bed. Reaching down he grasped the device and saw that it was an incoming call from Alana. 
He made his way to the bathroom, closing himself inside and sitting himself on the cool tiles before answering.
“Hello?” The boy drowsily mumbled.
“Hey sorry, i meant to call earlier. Sorry i woke you.” Alana rambled 
“It’s fine. What’s up”
“Well i just wanted to let you know i told people that we had . I didn’t go into detail and if you want to make that stuff up that’s fine.” 
“Yeah i figured that out with Chanyeol earlier today. I didn’t know what he knew and I panicked. Not saying i don't trust you, but honestly i was terrified he knew I couldn’t do it. That would have been humiliating.” 
“Sorry i meant to call this morning, i forgot.” “thats alright.”
“alright, goodnight have fun!” “night.” Kyungsoo clicked the end call button and made his way back to the comfort in his bed, not noticing the broad smile spread across Jongin’s lips in the darkness. 

 

 

Sorry for any spelling mistakes and for this being a little late.