Eight

Hero

TIFFANY’S POV

We made our way back to the table together and sat down. Instead of opening her book like she was supposed to be doing, she was too immersed in my kimchi fried rice to care at all about studying. “Yah Kim Taeyeon” I said, hitting her lightly on the head. She smiled that beautiful smile of hers and took another spoon. I was about to hit her again, when she scooted her chair closer to mine and held the spoon directly in front of my mouth. “Ah~” she said, smiling. I felt myself blushing as I opened my mouth to let her feed me. She giggled at my reaction and set the food down. “Okay, I think I’m ready to learn now!” she smiled that adorable dorky smile of hers. She sat even closer to me and leaned her head on my shoulder as I opened the book. I taught her the lesson slowly, and she somehow started to understand. “Maybe you do actually work better on a full stomach” I said, giggling. “Yep!” she said and began the homework. After a while we finally finished and Taeyeon looked exhausted. “I’ll make dinner,” she said, getting up. “Could you put these in our backpacks while I cook?” “Sure” I said, taking the papers and the books along with her laptop and brought them into our bedroom, placing them into our backpacks. Our bedroom. Our bedroom. Something about those two words made me happy, it gave me a fuzzy feeling deep inside my heart. Maybe I was just lonely, and was happy that I now had a friend. I made my way back into the kitchen and saw Taeyeon completely focused on making us dinner. I decided to do what she had done to me earlier and went up to her, backhugging her. She smiled and leaned back into me, shaking oregano into the pasta she was cooking for us. I reached around her and took the spoon, stirring it. If anyone walked into our house right now, they would think we were a couple. I mentally laughed at that. Us, a couple. Wait. Us. A couple. Maybe that’s why I’ve been acting so weird around her. No, that’s not possible, or is it? I shook my head to clear my thoughts and continued stirring until the pasta was ready and Taeyeon reached down to turn off the stove. I was disappointed that I had to part from Taeyeon and I’s embrace, but I was pretty hungry. We spent the remainder of the night laughing about random things at school and life in general. Due to our exhaustion, we retired to bed a little earlier than normal. I exited the bathroom after removing the dirt and grime of the day from my face and saw Taeyeon, sitting on the floor next to her bag, laptop in hand. “What are you doing?” I asked, walking over to her and peering onto the screen. I saw her email pulled up and immediately shrunk back, giving her privacy. “No, it’s okay. You can see this email.” she said, and I lowered my head to see the screen once again. It was an email from the school, saying we had no school tomorrow since the teachers are all going to a teaching workshop out of town and they cannot find substitutes for every single teacher in the school. Taeyeon and I grinned together, minds racing and thinking of all the things we could waste tomorrow doing. She shut her laptop and placed it on her desk. “Alright, lets go to sleep” she grinned, picking me up bridal-style and placing me on the bed. She made her way over to the door and hit the light switch, plunging the room into complete darkness for a moment before she opened the curtains and let the moonlight pour in. She got under the covers and I looked into her eyes, her beautiful face illuminated by the light of the moon. Our bed was so small that she was already holding me in her arms. I felt a strange urge to lean closer, and I did, seeing that she was doing the same. I closed my eyes as our lips met. Her lips were the softest I’ve ever felt, and had a slight taste of vanilla. I loved it. Her scent was addicting. I felt her arms pull me closer to her, our bodies fit together like lost puzzle pieces that had finally found each other. I wrapped my arms around her neck and melted into her. I felt like I was drifting on a cloud. This was… amazing. She pulled away and pressed our foreheads together. I saw love in her eyes. Then, it seemed, she realized what had just happened. She pulled away from me and tried to back away, almost falling off the bed. I grabbed her waist to make sure she wouldn’t fall, and pulled her back towards me. I guess I really do like her. “I-I’m sorry Tiffany, I shouldn’t have-“ I cut her off with a hand to her lips. Placing a hand under her chin, I lifted her head up to look into her eyes. I again leaned forward and captured her addicting lips. She held me close again and returned the kiss. We stayed like that for a while, before I pulled away due to lack of oxygen. Pressing our foreheads together while she held me close again, she whispered lovingly in my ear. “Tiffany, I really like you” “I really like you too Taeyeon” I whispered back. She placed a kiss on my forehead and whispered to me, “Tiffany Hwang, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” “Of course I will” I replied before kissing her on the nose. We fell asleep like this, with our foreheads pressed together and me wrapped in Taeyeon’s strong yet gentle and loving arms. The arms that made me forget I was a girl she found on the street. The arms that made me feel like I belonged here, with her. Together.