Two

Hero

TIFFANY'S POV

*1 week later* "Hey Jessi I don't want to bother you by staying any longer" I said, scratching the back of my neck nervously. "Oh Tif you're not bothering me. It's my pleasure to have you stay here." said Jessica. "I already found an apartment for me though... I was hoping you'd help me move in tomorrow." I said hopefully. "Sure Tif I'll help. Where is it?" she asked. I smiled brightly at her and told her it was a couple miles away from school. 
*the next day*
"I guess I forgot I only had a bag of stuff when I asked you to help me" I laughed, putting on my jacket. "At least I can drive you there" she laughed along with me. She grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me up on her shoulder. "Jessi! Put me down!" I screamed, lightly hitting her back with my fists. She opened the car door and set me down inside, giving me my bag. We drove to my new apartment. The place wasn't that big or anything, but it was okay enough for me. She stopped the car in front of my door and her phone started ringing. "Yes. Okay. Okay mom I'll be right there." she spoke into the phone. "Sorry Tif I have to go" said apologized, pointing at the screen. "It's fine." I said and hugged her before grabbing my bag and opening my door. 
It looked nice in the inside. The place was furnished, a couch and chairs in the living room and a bed in the bedroom. The kitchen had a microwave, a stove, and an oven. This was enough for me. I had barely sat down on the couch when my phone beeped. I looked at the reminder I had set myself. Guess it's time for my first day of work. 
I walked into the large building and went straight to the front desk. Somehow I had gotten a job as an assistant for Kim Hyoyeon, the CEO of Kim Enterprises. The lady at the desk, Jung Nicole, showed me to Hyoyeon's office. She opened the door for me and left after I walked in. A petite girl sat behind a cluttered desk, scribbling away at something. She looked up when she heard the door close. "Ah hello, you must be my new assistant. You're quite young" she said, getting up to shake my hand. "Yes, I had some trouble at home and had to find a job to support myself. I thought this would be my best option given my strengths are those required for this job." I said, bowing to my new boss. "Thank for hiring me Miss Kim" "Call me Hyoyeon. And, if it's not too rude to ask, what kind of troubles?" she asked me, curious. "Well, my parents kicked me out when I told them I was lesbian" I muttered, hoping she wouldn't hear it. Unfortunately, she did. "I've been in the same position you are. Don't tell anyone, but that woman that let you in, Jung Nicole, is my girlfriend." she winked at me. I smiled at her. "Why are you telling me all this when I just met you today?" I asked her. "Because you're my assistant now and we're going to be spending a lot of time together, so I thought we should be friends." she said, flashing a toothy grin to me. She showed me to my desk and I immediately got to work. 
I got home around 6PM. I flopped myself on my bed, hoping to get some sleep. Of course, my phone rang. "Why can't I get a little rest?!" I yelled to no one. I grabbed my phone and slid it open, putting it up to my ear. "Tif, I've got some bad news." I heard Jessica's voice from the other side. "What is it Jess?" I asked, sitting up. "My dad's company isn't doing very well in the states. I'm going to have to move there to take over it. My plane leaves in two days." she said. I heard her voice crack at the end and muffled sobs came through the device.