One

Hero

TIFFANY'S POV

I grabbed my bag and began walking. I don't know where I'll go, but I have to get away from here at least. After 10 minutes, I saw the park I used to play at as a kid. I sat down at one of the benches, setting my bag down next to me. I pulled the zipper down and sifted through the contents of the bag. At least Mom let me keep my phone and my favorite Totoro watch. I took out my phone and called Jessica, my best friend in the entire world. "Hello?" I heard her voice, tired as usual. "I came out to my parents tonight." I said, kicking a rock across the field. "That's great! What happened?" she asked, sounding a lot more alert now. "They kicked me out." I said, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill over. "They WHAT?!" she yelled. "Where are you?! I'll come pick you up. You can stay at my house okay?" she said. I heard the sound of a door opening and closing. "The park where we used to play as kids." I answered her question. I heard a car door slam. "Okay I'll be there in a minute" she said, then hung up. "Thank you Jessi" I whispered, breaking down. The tears flowed freely down my face. I sat there, sobbing. My cries split the deafening silence of the night like a knife through butter. I heard a car pull up behind me. "Jessi!" I yelled towards her. She ran towards me and enveloped me in her arms. I cried on her shoulder for who knows how long before I finally let go. She picked up my bag and grabbed my hand, leading me towards her car. She put my bag in the backseat as I got in. ing the keys into the hole, she started the car and we drove off. 
 
I walked into her house, taking off my dirty shoes and stretching my body. She took my bag into the spare room while I washed the tears off my face. She came up behind me, back hugging me. "Thanks so much for this Jessi" I whispered. "Of course Tiff. I wouldn't just let you sleep on a park bench." she said. I turned around. "It's pretty late, and you look more tired than usual." I said. She pinched my cheek lightly and grinned a little. "We should get to sleep then" she said, reading my mind. I hugged her one last time before I slid into my temporary bed and she exited the room.