Five

Hero

"Nice to meet you, Taeyeon" I said. I took a sip of my coffee. "Wow, this is really good!" I exclaimed, genuinely surprised at the taste. Of course, I hadn't eaten since lunch at school, so anything would be delicious for me. She took a sip of hers and smiled at me. "Wow, you're right!" she said. Her smile is really cute. "Is there something on my face?" I heard her say. I snapped out of my trance and smiled at her. "No, nothing" I said. She chuckled and looked down to her phone. "Oh my gosh! It's so late! I have school tomorrow!" she exclaimed. She got up and extended a hand to me. "I'm not going to let you walk home alone after what just happened" she said. "No it's okay, I'll be fine" I said and smiled at her. She looked at me. "Come on. I'll take you home. Where do you live?" she urged. "Um... About that…" I said in a low voice. "Yes?" she asked. I put my head down and mumbled, "I don't exactly have a house." She lifted up my chin. "Then where do you live?" she asked me, genuine concern written across her face. A tear escaped my eye as I whispered, "the streets." She grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "What are you doing?" I asked. She grabbed my bag and pulled me out of the cafe. "A girl like you can't live out on the street!" she exclaimed. "It's okay" I said. She stopped walking. "No it's not. Would you like to stay with me?" she asked. I stood there, not knowing what to say. My mouth hung open like I was just told I had won the lottery. "I won't be a bother to you?" I asked after I had gotten over my initial shock. "Of course not!" she exclaimed. "Thank you so much" I said and deeply bowed to her. She grabbed my arm and stopped me from bowing any lower, then brought me back up to a standing position. "No need for that." she smiled sweetly at me. "I couldn't just let a beautiful girl like you sleep out in the streets any longer. There's a lot of creeps out there you know." she said and winked at me, throwing my bag across her shoulders. She grabbed my hand and we ran towards her car. She opened the door for me and helped me inside, then went around the vehicle to climb into the drivers seat. She started the car and began driving. "So, what do you like to do for fun?" she asked. "Well before I was homeless I liked to listen to music. Now I just try to survive another day." I said. We reached a red light. She stopped the car and gave me a hug. "I'm so sorry." she whispered in my ear. I don't know how or why, but that hug put my mind at ease. It made me feel safe. It made me feel loved. I wanted to feel more of it, the feeling of love I haven't felt in a long time. The light trned green and she began driving again. "So, what kind of music do you like?" she asked. "I like Girls' Generation a lot." I said. "Wow really? I love them!" she said. We talked about random things and found many things in common for the rest of the car ride. We were so similar, it was like I was meant to find her. She pulled into a parking space in front of her apartment complex and got out, going around the car to open the door for me. She held her hand out to me and helped me out of the car. Everytime I touched her, electric shocks ran through my body. What was happening to me? She grabbed my bag and locked the doors in one quick move, then led me into the building and up the stairs. "I like to use the stairs because I don't have much time to exercise" she said after we reached the 5th floor. I was so tired, since the only thing I've eaten since lunch was a cup of coffee. I felt like I was going to pass out if I went any further. Seeing this, Taeyeon grabbed me around the waist and picked me up, carrying me to the 7th floor. She walked up to her door and adjusted her arms around me so that she could hold me up with one hand. She unlocked the door and walked into the living room, laying me on the couch. Walking backwards while staring at me with concern, she locked the front door and asked me, "You look so weak right now, you must be starving." She walked to the kitchen and brought out a cup of instant ramen after a couple of minutes. "Here, this is pretty much all I have right now, I have to go shopping tomorrow. Eat up" she smiled at me. I felt myself blushing. Why was i blushing? I'm so confused at myself. She helped me get up and fed me the ramen, while my cheeks burned a deep red. After I had finished, she took the remaining container into the kitchen and threw it away. "I only have one bed, so is it okay if you share a bed with me?" she asked, walking back towards me. "Yes that would be great. Thank you so much for everything." I said. "Don't keep thanking me. I only did what was right." she said, lifting me up and bringing me into the bedroom. She placed me on the bed. It's been so long since I felt the comfort of a bed. It felt like a cloud. Taeyeon tucked me in and turned off the lights. Climbing into bed next to me, she whispered "good night Tiffany" in my ear, wrapping an arm around me. I fell asleep almost immediately, snuggling into her body.