Seven

Hero

A/N Feels good to be back!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIFFANY POV

I stepped out of the car and made my way towards the entrance of the school, turning around to see Taeyeon looking for a parking spot. Turning again, I walked through the familiar entrance and looked around to see my everyday routines. Of course, I wasn’t paying attention and somehow tripped over my own shoe. I braced for impact with the cold tile floor, screwing my eyes shut, but somehow it never came. Right before I collided with the ground, I felt a strong pair of arms grab me. I recognized that strong yet gentle touch. Even though I had only known her for a day or so, Taeyeon’s touch sent shocks throughout my body. Why was that? Maybe I would never be able to understand. Whatever it was, though, I enjoyed it. She lifted me up and stood me back on my feet. “How do you trip on your own shoe?” she said, grinning and suppressing a laugh. I stared into her beautiful brown eyes for a second before snapping out of it. I slapped her chest lightly, whining, “Yah”. We giggled lightly before realizing we were in the middle of the hallway and people needed to get through. “Sorry” Taeyeon grinned sheepishly at our schoolmates before picking me up and moving us to the side of the hallway. She put me down, asking, “So are you going to show me where the office is or not?” I grinned. “Follow me” I said, leading her to the office where she would get her schedule for the day. I was just about to enter with her when the bell rang. “Sorry, gotta go~” I said before running off towards my class. I sat down in my seat and immediately tuned out, this class was so boring. My mind wandered back to Taeyeon, her soft voice, her strong grasp, her light touch, her eyes like beautiful pools of chocolate. I sighed and gazed up at the door. Why am I always thinking of her? I’m even seeing things now. I could see her walking into the classroom. Wait. That was actually Taeyeon! I grinned slightly, watching her talk to the teacher for a few seconds before turning back to his students. “Class, this is Taeyeon. She’s new here, so I expect you to treat her well, alright?” I looked around to the rest of the class, to see them staring at her, captivated by her beauty. I smirked, they would never even begin to imagine that I was the one that lived with her. “You can go take a seat over there by Tiffany.” I heard the teacher say. I watched as she made her way over in my direction, kept my eyes on her as she sat next to me and pulled her notebook and laptop out. “You never told me you were going to be in this class” I whispered to her, looking over to see the class whispering about us while our teacher resumed his lesson. “How come she gets to talk to her?” I heard Jimin, one of the popular girls, say. “I know right, so lucky.” said another one of the popular girls, Hyuna. I smirked in my head and turned my attention back to the gorgeous girl sitting next to me. “Well how would I tell you if I didn’t know myself?” she asked, lightly chuckling. “Let me see your schedule” I whispered to her, grinning. She handed it to me and I looked it over. I couldn’t believe it. “You have all your classes with me” I said, shocked and happy. “Well that’s good then, you can be my guide throughout the day” she said, grinning along with me. The rest of the day was filled with whispering to each other about trivial things, nonsense, and of course we were met with the occasionally glare or dirty glance from my jealous classmates. After the day ended, we walked out to the car together. I stepped out of the school building and was met with a freezing wind that chilled me right down to the bone. Taeyeon, of course, saw me shivering, and took off her jacket, wrapping it around my shoulders. I smiled at her gesture. “You don’t have to do that…” I mumbled, keeping my head down to hide the blush spreading across my cheeks. She stopped, lifting my chin with her hand, and looked into my eyes. “Of course I did. I can’t just let a beautiful girl like you freeze, now can I?” she said, grabbing my hand and leading me towards her car. I smiled to myself and my blush grew stronger. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Hyuna and Jimin whispering about us again. What if they spread rumors? Ah, who cares. Taeyeon opened the door for me and I slid in. I watched as she went around and got in. The ride home was filled with dorky actions and cheesy comments. We got home and sat at the dining table, taking out our homework. Even though I was poor and barely paid attention in class, I was fairly smart and could finish these worksheets with ease. Fortunately, Taeyeon was the exact opposite. That way, I could spend more time with her. Wait, what? Why would I want to spend more time with her? Maybe because she saved me. Yeah, that’s it.  After about an hour of trying to get Taeyeon to understand the biology homework, I decided maybe we would work better on full stomachs. “How about I make us something to eat? It might help your concentration a bit.” I said eagerly, happy at the thought of eating. Due to my previous… let’s call it condition, I could not eat whenever I pleased. I loved the fact that I now had that freedom. “Sure, I’ll go get another eraser since this one is already used up” she grinned and left the room in search of another unlucky eraser. I took out the ingredients to make kimchi fried rice. Almost done, I used a spoon to mix the rice around so it wouldn’t stick. Turning the stove off, I felt two strong but gentle arms wrap around me. Her familiar touch again sent those electric shocks through my body. I smiled and turned around in her arms. “What are you making? Smells good” she said, smiling. “Kimchi fried rice. Want a taste?” I said. “Sure” she said, opening up wide. I giggled and turned around, picking some up with a spoon and feeding it to her. “Ah, so good” she said. Her wide smile brought another one to my lips. What is happening to me?