Four

Hero
TIFFANY'S POV

*2 months later*

It's so hard living on the streets. I have to sleep in alleyways and on park benches when I'm not at school. I have no where to go, no job. I only have breakfast and lunch because they serve it at school. I can't afford dinner for myself. I walked towards my school as the sun rose, knowing I wouldn't get there for at least another hour or so. I smelled food coming from the restaurant I just passed. My stomach growled at the thought of food. "Shut up" I said to it, poking it repeatedly. Wearing the same worn out sneakers and little clothing I had since I got kicked out of my apartment, I walked down the street. At least I could shower in the girls locker room so I didn't smell bad. I dusted some of the dirt that stuck to my shoulder was I was asleep off. After about 45 minutes I finally reached the school. I went straight into the cafeteria and sat at my usual spot, alone at the table next to the trash cans. I tried not to look away from my food, but the voices around me were too loud for me not to. I looked side to side and saw as the people in the room laughed at me and pointed. I was used to this kind of treatment from them. At least my stomach stopped growling.
*14 hours later*
I checked my watch. Through the dust and grit covering it, I made out a 10:47PM. I settled down in a relatively clean looking alley and laid down, ready to fall asleep. I closed my eyes and a second later heard a cacophony of noise moving in my direction. Through the soft glow of the street lamps, I saw a single man, empty beer bottle in hand, walking towards me. I stood up quickly and grabbed my bag, holding it in front of me as a sort of defense. He kept walking until our faces were inches apart. He grabbed my sides and pushed me against the wall, feeling my body. "Let's have a little fun" he whispered. I smelled the alcohol on his breath and almost gagged at it's strong odor. His face came closer and closer to mine, centimeters apart now. Then, I heard a low "THUD!", and the man fell to the side. A girl about my age was standing in front of me now. She smiled at me. "Are you okay?" she asked, concered. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said. Mere seconds had passed after I said those words, that the drunk man got up and punched the girl in the face. She fell to the ground with a shocked expression on her face. Not going down without a fight, she jumped to her feet and grabbed the man by the collar of the neck. She slammed him into the wall. He swung at her with his bottle. She grabbed his wrist and wrenched it out of his hands. She broke it on the ground and punched him hard enough to knock him out. She grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me out of the alley, leading me into a cafe. She sat me down at a table and left, returning a couple minutes later with coffees. She gave one to me and sipped hers. "What just happened?" I asked her, still trying to absorb it. "That man tried to hurt you. But don't worry, you're safe now." she said with a smile. "Thank you so much" I said, utterly grateful to my savior. "My name's Tiffany" I introduced myself. "I like your name. Mine's Taeyeon" she said.