Nine

Hero

I opened my eyes slowly and felt Taeyeon's arms around me, pressing me against her. The second thing I noticed were my arms around her neck. Thoroughly confused and blushing hard, I tried to remember what had happened last night. Then, it hit me. We kissed. We were now a couple. I smiled widely and snuggled closer to her body, if that was even possible. It seems, though, that my movement had woken her. I watched her yawn cutely and flutter her eyes open. She pulled me closer and kissed my forehead, caressing my waist with one hand. She smiled contentedly as I looked into her deeply loving eyes. Of course, the moment was ruined by the blaring alarm. She chuckled and got out of bed, walking over to her alarm to turn it off. I sat up slowly, rubbing the little sleepiness I had left out of my eyes. Chuckling, she said, "Ah, Fany, you're so cute". "Fany?" I asked. "Yes, my new nickname for you" she said, walking back over to the bed. "Fine, then you'll be Taetae" I giggled. "I love it" she smiled widely and picked me up off the bed, holding me in her arms for a little while before carrying me into the bathroom where she placed me on the counter. "Let's get ready, there's a lot of fun things to do today!" she said, handing me my toothbrush. "Like what?" I asked, smearing toothpaste on the brush. "Wehl oi durt ersercy nuh yeh" she said through the toothpaste in . Giggling, I poked her in the stomach. "Korean, please?" Spitting the toothpaste out, she blushed and said "Well, I don't exactly know yet. Is there anything you want to do?" I finished brushing my teeth and hopped off the counter. "Why don't we go to the park?" I asked. She too finished brushing her teeth and grinned. "That's a great idea!" she exclaimed. I turned her around and pushed her playfully out the door. "Well I'm going to take a shower and don't you dare try to peek!" I giggled and winked dorkily. "Maybe I will" she chuckled and winked back. "Or nah" I said through laughs and shut the door in her face. 

I finished my shower and stepped into the kitchen after changing. "I'll go take a shower, don't touch my game ok?" yelled Taeyeon, bolting out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. Thoroughly confused for the second time today, I turned my head to where my girlfriend was previously seated and saw a Nintendo DS sitting on the table. "Hm..." I said to myself and walked over, looking at the game. Super Mario Bros? This was easy. I looked through the level and saw how many times she had tried to beat it. "She can't even get past level three?" I laughed to myself and unpaused the game. After 15 mins, I had beaten level six. I chuckled to myself and closed the DS, thinking to myself about how long it had been since I actually had the freedom to play games like this without worrying about anything. It was a long time ago, before I got kicked out of my parents house. I sighed and got up, not wanting to think about it anymore. I walked into the bedroom and picked up my phone, checking to see what time it was. 9:36 AM. There's still plenty of time to have fun with Taeyeon. I put my phone in my pocket and heard the bathroom door open. Out of instinct, I turned to see what the cause of the noise was, and I saw Taeyeon stepping out of the bathroom in only a towel, her milky while collarbone and legs exposed. I stood there for a little bit with my mouth wide open, taking in my girlfriend's beauty. "Like what you see?" she asked, leaning against the door frame and winking ily. I nodded my head without thought, still amazed. She chuckled lightly and stood up, walking towards me. "Now get out and let me change" she grinned playfully. Finally regaining my senses, I closed my mouth and nodded, hurrying out of our bedroom. Closing the door, I heard her chuckle again. Gosh, how could I be dating such a goddess?
"Let's go!" Taeyeon said, putting a hoodie on. We stepped outside and were amazed by the warm weather. "Wow, looks like it's finally turning into spring, huh?" Taeyeon chuckled. Agreeing with her, she helped me into her car, before going around to the other side to get in. On the way to the park, we talked about trivial things, but neither of us were really interested in the conversation, just happy to be in each other's presence.  She parked in the parking lot and we walked out onto the beautiful green grass. "Ah, such a nice day!" Taeyeon exclaimed, taking my hand in hers. I heard laughter and voices coming from behind the trees near us, knowing there was a playground there. We walked along the sidewalk and made it into the playground when I saw the members of my parents church. Fortunately, they weren't there. I would be completely fine with seeing old friends, if not for the fact that the church taught very homophobic beliefs. I tightened my grip on Taeyeon's hand. "How could I have forgotten today is the church's annual picnic?" I mumbled to myself. "Is something wrong Fany?" I heard Taeyeon ask me. "Oh, nothing. It's just that my parent's church is holding a picnic today" I answered. "Oh, you'll get to meet old friends then?" she said, smiling. "Taeyeon, these people are very homophobic." I said warily. "It's fine, I won't let them ruin our good day, I promise. I'll protect you, Fany-ah" she smiled and squeezed my hand. "Thank you Taetae" I smiled and we walked further into the playground. "HEY, ITS TIFFANY!" a boy screamed from across the playground. I saw the group of boys that I used to be friends with. They came over to us, one holding a peanut butter jelly sandwich who's insides could barely be contained by the bread. "Well, well, well, if it isn't little Tiffany" one sneered. Taeyeon wrapped her arm around my waist protectively. "You disgusting queer" another jeered. "Don't bother us or you'll regret it" I heard Taeyeon say between clenched teeth. "What are you, her girlfriend?" the boys laughed, walking away. Taeyeon wrapped my in a hug and looked into my eyes. "Don't worry, I'll make sure they won't bother you again." she said, pulling away. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of the boys throw the sandwich in my direction. I held my arms out in front of me, screwing my eyes shut, and braced for the impact. I head a loud "BAM!", but felt nothing. I opened my eyes and saw Taeyeon standing in front of me, peanut butter and jelly dripping from her back. "I told you, I'd protect you from them." she said.