Remember

Lust Games

Author's Note: While writing this chapter, I was listening to Solitude by Sakamoto Ryuichi on Youtube. I was like woah. Listen to it and read at the same time. You will get me. 坂本龍一 Ryuichi Sakamoto - 孤独 Kodoku ("Solitude")




"Remember when Mr. Lee yelled at you because you were handing out the math books instead of the school diaries?" Mino smiled as he studied the night sky. It was a calm and relaxing Saturday Night. The beach whispered a cool sea breeze as the tides ran in and out. Luckily the two were just a few metres away from getting wet as they both lied down on a blanket, star gazing. Jinwoo couldn't remember the last time he had watched the night sky's illuminating show with Mino. Oh wait, it was at the survival camp when he confessed everything that had happened to him to Mino.

"Jinwoo?"

"Hmmm?" Jinwoo broke off his thoughts as he was once again pulled back to reality. He didn't know why, but whenever he watched the stars with Mino he would just....break off from the real world. It's not like he never enjoyed watching the stars with Hanbin, though just something about Mino made Jinwoo feel like he could just escape his problems for a moment.

"Remember when- ...... Never mind." Mino stopped himself from saying anything else. He wanted to talk to Jinwoo so much. The absence of the older's voice would be the downfall of his life from the past few weeks. Instead of the sweet melodic tune that would always be asking him which constellation was which, or would be explaining to him what he had made for lunch today, Mino's ears would always be filled with a long playlist of his father's company work issues, what improvements could be taken in order to improve the company, the overall monthly sales of the company, the company name, the company motto, company, company, company. A playlist of words stuck on replay in his head. Never leaving his ears for a second, even when sleeping instead of the annoying ticking of the ornamental grandfather clock one of the opposing company's sons had given to him, his ears would be filled with an even more annoying sound. Company, company, company. And so all Mino wanted to do was just lay beside Jinwoo like how they used to back then. Star gazing. Silence would always be present between the two, though it wasn't awkward at all. They didn't have to talk to each other, because each other's presence would be enough. However, this time Mino's hand remained cold, missing the warmth of the older as the cool breeze gently played with their hair.

"Hey Mino."

"Hmmmm?"

"Remember when Mr. Lee yelled at me for handing out the math books instead of the school diary?" Jinwoo smiled as he recalled how red he really looked once he got to the music block toilets on that first day of Belle. He swore he could've passed off as a tomato if he actually didn't study his face in the mirror. A walking, talking tomato. Mino couldn't help but smile. He tried to grab Jinwoo's hand though he quickly stopped himself, instead folding his arms. He tore his gaze off the sky and studied the older. beside him Jinwoo looked so at peace, so calm, relaxed, so beautiful.
His small nose gently flaring open to take in the fresh breeze.
His doe like eyes, so innocent looking as they studied the illuminated heavens.
His soft pink lips gently parted as the slightest curve represented a small and interested smile.
His soft and delicate dark hair dancing with the beach breeze.
And his eyes.
That were suppose to be looking at the stars.
Met Mino's gaze instead.
The two boys looked into each other's eyes. Lost into's each other's lives.
Wondering into each other's thoughts.

"Minossi." Jinwoo whispered before continuing with what he was saying. The older didn't even need to wait for a response from the other since he already knew Mino was listening. "Remember how on the first day of Belle when Mr.Lee was yelling at me, you were the only one to help me out"

Yes Jinwoo. I do remember.

"Remember how for the first few weeks on Belle, you would always stick by me and look after me incase I get lost around the school."

You, being lost. I couldn't bare the sight.

"Remember how every afterschool, you would wait for me outside the gates. No matter how long I stayed aferschool, no matter the weather, you would always be there with a smile on your face."

Even though you weren't as rich as the other students, you were labelled different. The thought of you being alone drove me crazy. No one deserves to be alone. Not even if the world thinks you're different.

"Remember when we always used to walk home together, you would complan about your hands being cold, and so you held my hand. It didn't even matter if they were actually cold or not since I would keep the contact and squeeze them every now and then."

At times they would actually be cold. Though most of the time that was a lie. I just wanted to hold your hand......

"Remember how at that pedestrian crossing the traffic would be insane, and so we had to wait so long for the pedestrian light to signal green."

I just wished the traffic would be endless, and we could just stand there together, side by side as we watched the rest of the world go past.

"Remember how if we miss our turn to cross, we waited for the next one as you back hugged me. You would always nuzzle your head into my neck, asking if we could miss the next turn and just stay like this. "

Your body felt so fragile under the cold sky. I wanted to hold on to you. Protect you. Keep you warm. I didn't want it to end.

"Remember how we would always part at my apartment building as you carried on walking home by yourself."

I wanted to keep holding your hand. I wanted to keep hearing about your stories, your background. That even though your family wasn't the richest, you were the happiest. The dishes that you brang to school, the homework you received for the day, the different teachers that you had. I wanted to know all about it. I didn't want it to end.

"Remember how if I actually left afterschool early we would always go to the beach. This beach. To watch the sunset together."

It was beautiful. You would always smile at how the sky would be bombarded by colours against the blue sea.

"Then afterwards, we would stay and watch stars reveal themselves all over the night sky."

I taught you all the constellations I knew. Then afterwards I would test you. Every time you got one wrong I would squeeze your cheeks. By the time we finished, your cheeks would be so red. You were an idiot. An idiot I fell in love with.

Every single touch we shared.
Every single tear we shared.
Every single word we shared.
Every single hug we shared.
Every single smile we shared.
Every single memory we shared.
I didn't want it to end.

"Minossi."

"Jinwoo."

"Why did it end?"
Jinwoo's words pulled Mino back to reality. The very same voice that healed Mino's wounds. The very same voice that gave him support, assurance. The very same voice that Mino could listen to all day as it sent him into a dream land, slammed him back into reality. A reality that Mino didn't want to live in.

Author's note:           :'(
Double update. Next chapter will be uploaded sometime today.