Chapter 7

Overturned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun rolled on his side and put his arm on Onew's chest whining. "Hyung can't we move a bit further from the cliff? It's making me uncomfortable. Every time I close my eyes and the wind blows it feels like I'm gonna die."

The older hummed quietly. "I think it feels nice though? It's not like the wind is strong enough to push you down but when you have your eyes closed your imagination does the thing and suddenly it feels like you are floating in the air. It still makes you feel adrenaline, it's pretty exciting if you ask me." Onew then opened his eyes and looked at Jonghyun. "But if you're really that scared you can just move away, you're not tied down to me or anything you know."

The younger scrunched his eyebrows. "That's not fair hyung, you know I won't move if you don't, it's not fun to lay by yourself." he complained and Onew shrugged, indifferent. Jonghyun huffed and turned away. "You're such a meanie."

The older smiled to himself and then grabbed his heart mockingly. "Ouch. That hurt princess."

Jonghyun pushed him slightly annoyed and then just collapsed on the other man's chest in resignation. His eyes fluttered shut when the sound of Onew's heartbeat reached his ears, it was a little fast for some reason but still very soothing. He found himself relaxing, the proximity of the cliff long forgotten as he started to slowly doze off. But just as he was on the verge of falling asleep he heard it. A beautiful, honey-like voice spreading through the air with the soft breeze. Jonghyun's eyes snapped open, his gaze stuck on his hyung's slowly moving lips.

 

"I hated to open my eyes

Honestly, I didn't believe it

Because this last good bye

Was so unfamiliar.

 

I'm gasping for breath

I'm scared and my heart is bound

How can I believe you,

When you said goodbye without any notice?

 

I don't know why I can't move on

My feet won't move from the spot

This day feels like a lie

A side of my chest hurts so much"

 

Throughout the whole song Jonghyun was like enchanted, his face flushed from emotions, heart beating furiously in his chest. He had never in his life heard someone sing this good, it was beyond imagination really. Every word spilling from the older's mouth pierced right through Jonghyun's heart, it seemed so real, as if Onew was telling him his own story, a very sad and painful one. He couldn't utter a word for another minute before he finally regained the ability to speak. He lifted himself from the older's chest shakily and sat down on the grass.

"H-hyung that was... How come..." he swallowed and grabbed Onew's wrist. "That was amazing hyung. How come you aren't a famous singer or something? You could make people fall for you without blinking an eye, that was just... god."

The older chuckled and looked at Jonghyun fondly. He looked pretty like that, all excited and pumped up. "Thanks princess. I don't have any plans for becoming a world star though, it's not really my thing to be honest... But I used to be in a band before I enlisted in the army, the song that you've just heard was one of my favorites."

"You used to be in a band?" Jonghyun's heart skipped a beat when he imagined his hyung on a stage, dripping with charisma and singing with his smooth voice among loud cheers of the crowd. He his lips and glanced at the older. "How much c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter