Chapter 10

Overturned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Taemin-ah can you please stop crying already?" Onew asked softly and wiped the younger's right eye. "It's okay now, please don't cry.."

Taemin looked up at the other man and after seeing his warm, beautiful smile a few more fat tears rolled down his reddened cheeks. He wanted to say something, to express his gratitude, but every time he opened his mouth only quiet sobs and whimpers came out, so he bit his bottom lip and just stared Jinki deeply in the eyes, hoping he understood.

Onew sighed and reached out for the younger's hand. "Really, what do I do with you? I don't remember you being such a crybaby..." he cooed and softly brushed some hair out of Taemin's face.

"I-I-m j-just so r-relie-ved." the younger sobbed out and swallowed the excess saliva in his mouth. "I t-thought y-you'd never-... and I j-just c-couldn't-... I-I missed you so-o m-uch." 

Onew cocked his head to one side and grinned baring his teeth, his eyes crinkling. "Me too. I missed you a lot Minnie."

It took a lot of shooshing and head petting for Taemin to finally calm down. His eyes were red and swollen from crying but Jinki thought he looked really cute, even though he was drooling and there was snot flowing out of his nose.

The younger wiped his face on his T-shirt and glanced at his hyung shyly. "..I-I know I p-probably shouldn't ask this b-but.. a-am I.. f-forgiven.. and stuff?" he asked and looked down at his lap afraid of the other man's response.

Onew lied down on the grass and laced his fingers at the back of his neck humming softly. Then he looked at the ball of nerves that was Taemin. "I guess? I mean, even if I wanted to keep ignoring you it'd probably not work out anyway because I just don't feel angry anymore, it's all gone. And I really missed you a lot so I'd be only punishing myself that way too."

Taemin's shoulders sagged in relief, he exhaled quietly trying to calm down his pounding heart.

"But..." the older continued, looking up at the sky. "You should probably know that it's because I don't feel the same way about you anymore." he turned his gaze at the younger and gave him a sympathetic smile. "I still care about you a lot, there's no way I can just cross out more than half of my life from my memories.. And I really love you, I really do, but not in the same way I used to... I mean... I still find you desirable, and I don't think I'll ever stop but... something's missing... "

Taemin smiled sadly to himself and then slowly lifted his head. "I figured. It's because of that guy I kept seeing you with, isn't it?" he asked but didn't really wait for the answer. "I noticed how you look at him but I hoped that it's just my imagination... Do you like him? Are you guys together?"

"Taemin, I don't think-"

"Please? Entertain me a little bit, I just got my heart broken you know." the younger said and then smiled dismissively at Onew's concerned expression.

"..I...To be honest it doesn't really matter how I feel, he's engaged you know." the older pursed his lips and then exhaled through his nose. "They look good together, they are happy, they love each other, there's nothing for me to do in this situation. I just need to forget about him and move on."

"And spending 24 hours a day with him counts as 'forgetting' and 'moving on'? Please hyung... Besides, who knows, maybe you do have a chance. You're pretty irresistible if you ask me, you just need to give it a try."

A small smile appeared on Onew's face at the compliment. "Thanks Minnie. But I don't see myself breaking up a relationship, I don't want to be that kind of person.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter