Chapter 1

Overturned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you really have to go?" Se Kyung asked for what seemed like a hundredth time this week, her eyes red and puffy from crying.

Jonghyun gave her a small smile and wiped her cheeks with his thumbs. "You know I do... There's nothing wrong with me baby. I'm a healthy man with no disabilities which means there are no reasons for me not to go."

"B-but..."

"That's the law baby... I don't want to part with you either but there's really no other way. Please don't cry..." 

Se Kyung bit her bottom lip and looked down.

"Hey." Jonghyun grabbed her chin softly and pecked her on the lips. "It's going to be fine, we'll be fine. It's only two years. And when I come back we're going to get married and have at least a dozen of kids."

The girl's eyes widened. "M-married?"

"Do you not want to?"

Se Kyung froze for a few seconds, then squealed and threw herself in Jonghyun's arms. "I do! Oh my god I do!"

Jonghyun laughed and hugged her tightly. "I promise I'm going to be fine. Army's not that scary and those two years will pass before you know it. I'll come back stronger and more dependable and I'll be able to take care of you and our kids properly. Just wait for me." he whispered and softly Se Kyung's hair. 

The girl exhaled slowly and nodded. "I will."

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun sighed and wiped the sweat off his forehead cursing the scorching sun. They were standing here for almost an hour now listening to all the do's and don't's and Jonghyun barely heard a word that was said, his brain refusing to cooperate in such a swelter. He wished he enrolled in the army in winter.

"The rules here are simple. Age doesn't matter, your rank does. So don't get pissy when you'll get ordered around by someone younger than you. Everything you need is provided by us, things we don't provide are strictly forbidden. And believe me when I say you do not want to try to smuggle them to your quarters."

Jonghyun run his hand over his newly shaved hair and looked around. Some of the guys looked like they were going to faint, a few seemed close to crying. It wasn't that bad was it? Or maybe they knew something he didn't?

"When you get divided into groups you will be assigned a place to sleep and your locker. There will be boxes waiting for you in your quarters. You will pack all the stuff you brought here with you and we'll send them back to your families. Starting now you are trainees which means you will be taught some basics that will be needed in your further training. After 5 weeks you will be assigned to one of the military branches and you're going to start your proper training in army, navy, air force or marine corps." The man rubbed his jaw, his eyes narrowing dangerously scanning the crowd. "Now... Let me give you a few friendly tips. You would do yourself a huge favor if you knew how to obey orders. Know your place and you'll be fine. Violate the rules or disrespect your superior and your stay here will be made into a. living. hell."

Jonghyun, as well as many others let his gaze drop to the ground, not too keen on looking the man in the eyes.

"Good. Now, unless there are any questions, follow me and I'll show you where you'll be staying."

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun turned over and groaned. He needed to sleep, a tough day was coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter