Chapter 2

Overturned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

They had to wait for another 20 minutes before the guard finally left. Onew then grabbed Jonghyun's wrist and run as fast as his legs let him. When they were far enough from the building Onew laughed loudly and ruffled the younger's not-really-there hair.

"We did it princess! Now we just need to find... ah! There it is!" Onew pointed at the hole in the fence that would allow them to step into the woods. "Be careful not to rip your clothes or hurt yourself, there are some wires sticking out."

Jonghyun nodded and when both of them were on the other side of the fence he closed his eyes and took a deep breath suddenly feeling extremely excited, his heart picking up pace. His lips stretched into a wide smile as he looked around himself in awe. He didn't remember forests being this beautiful and magical. And did night summer air always smell so damn good? He sped up a little with the sudden rush of energy that run through his veins.

"Slow down princess, do you even know the way?" Onew mocked grinning.

The younger blushed realizing that he had, in fact, no idea where he was going and stopped on his tracks letting his hyung catch up to him. "Stop calling me princess, my name is Jonghyun." he pouted furrowing his brows.

Onew smiled to himself, his eyes crinkling as he run his fingers over his short, brown hair. "Jonghyun huh? That's a nice name."

The younger looked down on his feet and stayed silent, not really knowing how to reply to that.

 

They walked like this for a longer while, the only sound being the rustling of their feet and cicadas singing when Jonghyun started to look around nervously with an anxious expression on his face. The deeper into the the forest the darker it got and not being able to see anything further than 2 meters radius made his imagination start to run wild. He was starting to see branches forming into weird shapes and every insect that passed anywhere near him made him jump with a yelp waiting at the back of his throat. Jonghyun was already a ball of nerves when he heard something that resembled the sound of hurried footsteps which seemed to be getting closer to them. Not being able to keep it in anymore he let out a loud whine and clenched his fist tightly on Onew's shirt shaking his legs impatiently.

The older turned around to see what happened. "You okay there?"

Jonghyun only stared at him with those wide opened, horrified eyes of his, pressing his lips together.

Onew laughed and softly tapped him under his chin. "Scared? Don't worry princess, I'm going to protect you if any monster dares to jump out of the bushes." he teased swinging his invisible sword left and right.

Noticing how Jonghyun didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter