Chapter 5

Overturned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two months had passed and Jonghyun decided that army was definitely not as scary as people said it was. He wasn't sure why his fellow trainees had a completely opposite opinion because it really wasn't that bad. Sure, he was exhausted most of the time from the horrendous training, his muscles ached almost every day and he was yelled at or given punishments for the silliest things but... it was all okay. Because when he turned his head Jinki was always there and Jonghyun only needed their eyes to lock for a briefest moment to forget that just a few mere seconds ago he felt like dying. And suddenly there was a small smile creeping on his face because somehow it wasn't just sweat and pain anymore, it was a tiny competition and excitement of experiencing something together. And when it was all over they would grin at each other and go to sleep like nothing had ever happened.

After 5 weeks of training Jonghyun got assigned to the army just like Onew since his eyesight wasn't good enough for the air forces and when he found out he'd be sharing quarters with the older it was like a dream come true. Their night trips became more frequent and despite visiting their usual spot almost every day Jonghyun could never get enough of it. No matter how many times he went there he always ended up with a rapid heartbeat and that weird feeling of freedom and excitement running through his body. They didn't do anything in particular and yet he would always get surprised when Onew said it was already time to go back. He never knew it was possible for time to fly like this just by talking and laughing.

The older didn't say much about himself and yet Jonghyun felt as if he knew him inside out, as if they knew each other for at least a decade. Meeting Jinki was like a blessing really, and it made him wonder whether this was what having a soulmate felt like.

 

 

 

 

"Private Kim Jonghyun?"

Jonghyun turned around and looked at the man standing in front of him. "Yes?"

"You have a visitor. A girl named Shin Se Kyung is waiting for you in the main corridor."

"Really?! She came?!" Jonghyun smiled widely and hurriedly scooted towards the hall not sparing the man another look. He spotted her sitting on a bench in a pretty dress and wearing that red pair of shoes he loved seeing her in. He grinned at the sight and run to her. 

"Jonghyun!" she squealed happily and threw herself in her fiance's arms.

Jonghyun hugged her tightly and then leaned back a bit to kiss her forehead. "You look beautiful baby." he murmured and then softly her hair. "I missed you so so much."

"I missed you too." she smiled warmly and motioned for him to sit down taking his hand in hers. "How are you doing? Are you okay?"

Jonghyun nodded. "Yeah. I wouldn't say that army is the most fun place in the world to be in but it's fine. And I met a really cool guy here so at least I know I'm not alone in all this."

"So you have a new friend? I'd love to meet him! What's his name?"

"Jinki. But um... he'd probably prefer you to call him Onew, that's his nickname." he said fiddling with his fingers and then his lips stretched into a wide smile. "He's really nice and I be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter