Chapter 17

Overturned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun followed Jinki into their room and closed the door behind them to prevent the older from escaping. "Hyung."

Onew turned around and when he spotted Jonghyun he sighed and rubbed his temple. "I'm busy Jonghyun, I don't have time for this." he muttered and reached out for the door handle avoiding the younger's gaze.

Jonghyun moved and blocked the door leaning against it, his eyes determined and accusatory. "You've been busy for two weeks now hyung. Every time I try to talk to you you either run away or make up ridiculous excuses. Stop avoiding me."

The older man pressed his lips tightly together in annoyance. "Move"

"Make me."

Onew frowned deeply, then sighed, took a step back and threw his hands in the air. "Fine, whatever. You want to talk? I'm all ears, say what you want and quit bothering me so that I can finally get some peace." He walked to the window and leaned against the windowsill folding his arms on his chest.

Jonghyun relaxed a bit, pushed himself off the door, then swallowed nervously. "Uh. W-where should I start? F-first of all.. I-uh.. I guess I wanted to talk a-about-..."

"Hurry up will you? I don't have a whole day."

"I-I told you I loved you. Back then. And-..."

The older held his breath for a few seconds before he managed to let out a fake laugh. "You want to take that back? No problem, sometimes people say stupid like that."

Ouch. Jonghyun's heart sunk at the words but he did his best not to let them get to him. He didn't mean that, he's just trying to push me away with his attitude. He lowered his head and tried to build up some courage to keep talking. "I.. I don't want to take that back, I just... you didn't say anything, didn't give me an answer or anything and I was hoping you could... t-tell me how you feel, I mean..."

Jinki's heart immediately started to pick up pace, and with every beat he could feel uneasiness spreading through his body. He felt sick and helpless. His bottom lip trembled slightly so he bit on it to keep it in place. "I-" he croaked out and then cleared his throat. He tried again. "...I-..."

He couldn't do it. I don't feel anything for you. He couldn't say it, the words just wouldn't leave his throat. He couldn't lie.

But there was something else he could say. A sentence that was one hundred percent true and reflected how he felt, just like Jonghyun wanted. "I'm sorry." he whispered and let his gaze drop to the floor.

Jonghyun felt a rush of blood to his face, there were tears at the back of his eyes waiting to be spilled. That dull pain, it felt like his insides were melting and slowly crawling downwards, to the very tips of his toes. It felt like a bucket of ice water dumped on his head, making him want to curl himself, to shut himself off from the rest of the world.

"O-oh." Jonghyun stared at the floor in shock, his body feeling heavy and numb. He expected that answer, he knew he'll get rejected so why was he feeling this way? "But... why did you... You kissed me hyung. Why did you do that? And, I kissed you, in the showers, and you were kissing me back. Why would you do that if-..."

"Just because. Don't search for a deeper meaning."

Jonghyun didn't know what to do, he felt as if he was in all this by himself. As if this conversation was one-sided. Even though Jinki was responding it didn't really feel like it, it was like the older put some kind of barrier in between them to prevent his true thoughts from showing.

"I'm in love with you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter