Chapter 4

Overturned
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

They rested for another 15 minutes before Onew stood up and stretched out his hand towards the younger.

"Come on, it's time for breakfast and I'm starving. We can't be late or they won't let us in."

Jonghyun took the offered hand and with a small effort managed to lift himself from the floor. Both of them went to change their clothes into military uniforms and when they reached the canteen there was already a crowd of hungry men lined up for the food. Onew's stomach grumbled as he grabbed two trays and passed one to the younger. 

"The soup is usually pretty disgusting so I suggest you stay away from it. Oh, and if you show some cute faces to the lady with the red ribbon in her hair you'll get an extra yogurt."

Jonghyun scrunched up his nose in distaste and gave the older a judging look. "No thanks, I have some dignity you know."

Onew shrugged and grabbed a pair of chopsticks and a spoon. "Suit yourself."

When the younger finally managed to get to the food he his lips impatiently and asked the lady for some cooked rice, kimchi stew and water. Though as soon as she placed the food on his tray his arms immediately started shaking from the added weight.

"Whoa there." Onew snatched the tray away from Jonghyun to prevent its contents of it from spilling. "Seems like your muscles are on strike princess. How about you go sit at the table and I'll take care of the rest for you? I'll join you in a minute or two."

The younger whined in annoyance but nodded, not really having a choice and slowly dragged his feet towards the table. He collapsed on a chair and propped his chin with his hand watching as Onew wriggled his for the lady with the red ribbon and then received two bottles of yogurt while flashing her a blinding smile. 

"Ridiculous." Jonghyun muttered to himself as the older approached him wearing a triumphant grin on his face.

Onew placed one of the trays on the table in front of the younger. "There you go princess. Eat up!" he ruffled Jonghyun's hair and took the seat next to him.

A snort was heard. "Princess?"

Onew lifted his head in the direction of the sound and then his lips stretched into a wide smile. "Kibum! Hi, I didn't see you there." he said and then turned to the younger next to him. "Jonghyun, meet my friend Kibum, also known as Key. We've known each other longer than I would consider harmless. And Kibum, this is Jonghyun. He's one of the new trainees."

Key smirked. "Jonghyun? Are you sure it's not 'princess'?" He teased amused and Jonghyun lowered his head, his face reddening in embarrassment.

"Be nice Kibum, he's your hyung."

Key shrugged and Jonghyun decided to just concentrate on eating. He grabbed his chopsticks but his muscles refused to cooperate once again and no matter how hard he tried he didn't manage to pick up even one grain of rice.

"What's wrong with you?" Key asked disturbed by the sight.

"We had to stay in a position for push ups for more than half an hour as a punishment for sneaking out." Onew answered and grabbed his chopsticks.

"So you've finally been caught? Told ya it would happen sooner or later." Key snickered pleased.

Onew ignored him and turned to Jonghyun instead, holding a spoon in front of his face. "Say 'aaaah'" he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter