Nice Murderer

Casanova
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s time to move on. 

Chorong leaned her head against the elevator wall as she rode it up the many floors. It was time to stop worrying about what happened and move on now. Joonmyun who? She didn’t need to stress about the stupid boy with a great smile anymore. She was ready to wipe him out of her mind for good so why go about her summer as she was. So why waste time worrying and not have fun? 

The doors opened and she made her way down the hallway, clearing her head of everything she was thinking about. She approached her door and quickly opened it. 

And she wanted to turn around and walk back out. 

“Oh hey, Chorong.” Stupid bastard. “Long time no see.” 

“What the hell are you doing her, Joonmyun? I thought I told you to stay the hell away from me.” Chorong crossed her arms, the same angry expression crossing her face as it always did when she saw him. 

“You didn’t mean that.” Joonmyun grinned widely, staying put in his same spot on the couch as if he wasn’t going anywhere.

“Get out. Don’t make me punch you again.” 

Chorong was just about to burst before her sister walked out of the bathroom and smiled as she took a seat next to Joonmyun on the couch. He winked at her as he wrapped his arm around her, his eyes shifting back towards Chorong. 

“What’s … going on?” 

“Oh, Rongie,” Nayoung snuggled up close to Joonmyun which made Chorong want to be sick to her stomach. “This is Joonmyun. My boyfriend.” 

“Your boyfriend?!” Chorong thought she was dreaming. She thought she was really dreaming and that this was some kind of nightmare. She reached over and pinched her arm quick, only finding out that she wasn’t dreaming and this was, in fact, real. “What do you mean he’s your boyfriend?!” 

“Well, we had such a great time that night that he called me up earlier and asked me to meet up so we could talk,” Nayoung looked blissfully at Joonmyun. “And then he asked if I wanted to go out with him for real and of course I said yes!” 

“I don’t think I’m comprehending this right,” Chorong pressed her hand to her forehead, trying to come to terms with what was happening. “You have a one night stand with the guy, you don’t hear from him in days, and out of nowhere he asks you to be his girlfriend and you say yes?!” 

“Exactly!” 

Stay calm, Chorong. Stay calm and don’t freak out. Freaking out would not turn out well. 

“Excuse me,” Chorong glanced at Joonmyun, the annoyance spreading clear across her face. “Joonmyun. Can I talk to my sister privately?” 

Joonmyun obviously took the hint and stood up, heading towards Nayoung’s room, but not before sending a wink in Chorong’s direction. Right when the door shut, Chorong charged towards Nayoung and smacked her on the arm. 

“What the hell?” Nayoung was a bit surprised as she rubbed her arm. “What was that for?” 

“Are you insane or really just that dumb?” All the stress that Chorong was trying to push out of her mind was returning as she stared at her sister with wide eyes. 

“What are you talking about?” 

“Joonmyun!” Chorong hissed, motioning towards the bedroom door. “What in the world were you thinking, Nayoung? You can’t date him!” 

“And why not? Look, Chorong I know it’s sudden, but Joonmyun is great. You should really get to know him and give him the benefit of the doubt.” 

“Why are you rushing into a relationship with a guy who just wanted to sleep with you and didn’t call for days?! Unnie, he’s no good.” 

“You don’t know him like I do, Ronnie.” 

“You know nothing about him! You just met him a week ago!” Chorong couldn’t believe what she was hearing. This was supposed to be her responsible and mature older sister and she was acting like a child.

“I like him, Chorong. Can’t you just be happy for me?” 

“You’re making a mistake. He’s not a good guy, Unnie. He’s not a good guy at all and he’s going to hurt you.” Chorong felt her stomach sink hearing her sister talk about him. She was so oblivious to the truth that she couldn’t help but feel bad knowing that this wasn’t going to end up good. 

“Like I said, you don’t know him like I do. Please, just be happy for me. The more you get to know him I’m sure you’ll like him too, dongsengie,” Nayoung stood up from the couch and pulled Chorong in for a hug. “Can you please just trust me? He’s a good guy.” 

Good guy? Chorong sighed as she wrapped her arms around her sister and frowned into her shoulder. “Just don’t get too attached, okay? I don’t want to see you get hurt.” 

“He won’t hurt me, Rongie.” Nayoung pulled away and gave her one last smile before joining Joonmyun in her bedroom. 

Chorong dropped her head into her hands when she was alone groaned. This couldn’t be happening. She thought that she would actually be able to escape Joonmyun and get him off her mind and out of her hair for good. But now? Now that seemed like only a dream she wished would come to trust. 

She rushed to the bathroom and quickly the water and splashed it in her face. She had to calm down, but the more she tried the more her breathing would speed up. 

Come on, Chorong. Keep it together. Don’t lose it now. 

She jumped when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and a voice whispered in her ear, “Guess you couldn’t get rid of me.” 

Chorong jerked away quickly and spun around, pulling her hand back and slapping him across the face. Joonmyun’s hand met his cheeks as he glared at her. 

“Can you stop hitting me?!” 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing with my sister?” Chorong shut the bathroom door so that they could keep their conversation private as she turned back to him. 

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m dating her,” Joonmyun smiled and narrowed his eyes at her. “Are you jealous?” 

“I don’t know what kind of game you’re playing, but you better leave my sister out of it. She has nothing to do with what’s going on.” 

“What game are you talking about? I’m just a guy looking for a little bit of love.” Joonmyun stuck his bottom lip out as if he was pouting, but Chorong wasn’t buying it. 

“Bull. You’re planning something, Joonmyun. And I’m not sure what it is, but if I find out that you’re just using my sister to get to me-“ 

“Thinking a bit highly of yourself, aren’t you?” Joonmyun moved a bit closer as Chorong’s back hit the door, trapping her. 

“I swear, Joonmyun. If you hurt my sister, me punching you will be the least of your worries.” Chorong pushed her arms against his chest and pushed him back a little.

“Is that a threat?” Joonmyun raised his eyebrows at her, a little intrigued. 

“It’s a warning.” Chorong yanked the door back open and stormed out of there, grabbing her bag and heading back the way she came.

“I’ll be seeing you, Chorong. I guess we’re going to be getting well acquainted now, aren’t we?” Joonmyun leaned against the door frame, that stupid smirk crossing his face like it always did. Chorong turned to face him only once to scowl before walking out of the room and slamming the door behind her. 

Chorong sat on the curb with her head in her hands, trying to figure all of this out. Why couldn’t something work out for once? Why couldn’t Joonmyun just disappear and never bother her ever again? 

Was he really that set on making her life miserable? 

She wanted to leave. She wanted to leave Jeju and go home so she would never have to worry about any of this ever again. 

But wouldn’t that be running away? She always ran away from problems. She never faced them head on and never fought for herself. And she vowed that this summer would be different. She would be different. And running away wasn’t going to help her accomplish that. 

“You look like you need saving.” 

The voice caught Chorong by s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter