Instant Capture

Paper Plane

 


Fingers gripped the folded paper. Eyes glued and stuck on the childish grin the other girl had. She felt her words pushed up in , something begging her to speak. And in quick response, her lips opened–the phrase slipped. 

"Danshin." 

Taeyeon stopped for a moment, her body leaning on her balcony railing. She cupped her hands around and shouted. "What?! What did you say!" 

The strawberry blonde panicked for a moment, standing in numb faze. It was an internal slap she set herself. The accidental korean phrase that had slipped out on its own. 

"Sorry, I didn't catch what you said!" The short brunette shouted once more, leaned over the railing. 

Jessica sighed in relief. The brunette didn't notice the rude remark she had stated. So instead she took in a deep breath, exhaling with a louder voice. "You're Taeyeon, right?!" 

"Yea, I am! The one and only Kim Taeyeon" Even in the night hazy sky. The stars seemed to downcast right on Taeyeon. Her smile gleamed, pearly white teeth, along with her pale milky skin. "And you're the new neighbor." 

They weren't shouting anymore. The slightest whisper they would hear, fixated upon every detail. Jessica would find a surge of excitement engulfing her. A pound of waves awakening her in the late night. The little light of her balcony illuminating just enough for her to see. 

"I like the planes you sent me," Jessica managed to say, her hand lifted to present the airplane. It tilted to the side, another sentence scribbled on shown to view.
 "But it seems like you're going to waste a lot of paper." 

"Why?" She grinned. 

"Because I know you're going send a lot of these to me." She heard a laugh. Taeyeon's laugh, unrealisticaly dorky, middle aged woman's laugh. And it caused Jessica to arch her brow at the second. "What's wrong?"

Moments after she reduced her blast of laughter, she smiled. Her lips slowly parted, jokingly throwing out the sentence. "Nothing. It's just, this seems a cliche starting to a korean drama." Her shoulders lifted up to a shrug and dropped down, eyebrows both raised. "Don't you think so too?" 

"Maybe. But I hope not." Jessica brushed her blonde hair to the side, straightening the knots. Her eyes averted to the side, a certain attack of nervousness hitting. "So...um see you tomorrow? Like it's getting late now so..."

"Yea, sure. I'll see you tomorrow. Same place?"

"Where else would I be?" A smile placed on Jessica, before she peeled herself of the railing to head in. She turned around, but slightly moved her head to the side, trying to get a last glimpse of Taeyeon. Her smile grew bigger as the short brunette put on a toothy grin, arm moving side to side to signal a goodbye. Jessica raised her own hand, waving back, stepping inside. She drew the curtains with the lights flickered off. Instantly her body hit the mattress of her bed, arms reaching for the covers. She wrapped herself around the blanket, stifling in her squeals of delight. Her childish giggles coming after, reduced to a simple sigh. Just talking to Taeyeon sent her rocketing into the sky, a pink tint colored in her cheeks. Just thinking about her–

—got her doing a double take. 

 

 

 


"Jess, wake up. Wake up!" The voice roared of pure annoyance in Jessica's ears, endlessly ringing. Her groans muffled through her white sheeted pillows, eyes shut closed. 

"What?!" Jessica was definitely not a morning person; she even considered it herself. The rays of the sun blaring through the windows got her cringing. The repeating vibration of her alarm and the constant rude remarks from her sister didn't help so much either. Every morning would end up Jessica having her eyes rolled to the side, an obvious frown glued on. 

"You have to wake up," Krystal urged on, pulling the covers off in a swift motion. 

"Why? I need sleep," Jessica mumbled as she rolled to the side, "the bags under my eyes are literally going to have its own bags." 

"I need a ride to school."  the young blonde hissed. 

"What about mom and dad." 

"They left."

"Take the bus." 

"No. I can drive your car anyway."

Jessica shot up from her spot, eyes narrowed to a glare. "I hate you so much." 

"Love you sis." Krystal sauntered out, her voice echoing in the room after. "We're leaving at 8." The older latter dragged herself out of bed to head to the bathroom. She went down with low grumbles, profanities slipping through her gritted teeth. 

It was minutes later she had on a simple gray hoodie, blue ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of gray Vans to be put on. Brushing out her hair, she took a second glance back at her mirror. Comfortable with her appearance she threw open her door, closing it with a shut when she drifted out. She pondered down the stairs with heavy steps, her body felt to be dragged down from her loss of sleep. "Hurry up," Krystal growled, shoving Jessica out the door with a grab of her keys. Jessica staggered onto the small steps, shooting another glare. 

And through the smooth ride, nothing came to be a bumpy one–except for Krystal's question. The young blonde leaned from the arm rest of the passenger seat, facing the opposite direction. 

"Who were you talking to last night? It seemed you guys were having a pleasant conversation."

Jessica bit her lip, and gripped onto the steering wheel. She had no intention of telling her younger sister. How she could imagine the countless jokes and teasing Krystal would throw at her. The reddening of her face to make it worse. Taking in a breath, she exhaled slowly. There was a tense atmosphere, only the other vehicles passing by, whizzed through her ear. She clicked her tongue, her foot on the brake. The car came to a halt at the red light along with a tapping of her fingers. 

"It was our neighbor, Taeyeon." 

Right then, Jessica swore she saw Krystal crack on a devious smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


---
Thank you for all the subscriptions and comments. And I hope everyone is having a nice Christmas. Also I'm not sure if I should add yoonstal in the nxt chapter....but definitely more taengsic. 

(Excuse any grammar mistakes)