Alexithymia

Paper Plane

Tired, and forced to come to school, Krystal had no reaction but to roll her eyes at the stupidity of the other students. She quietly walked alongside the redhead, who stood out no other. 

"This school allows you to dye your hair with exotic colors? Wouldn't you get in trouble?" Krystal eyed a tall boy who ruffled up his mint colored hair. 

"I guess. It doesn't affect our education so, it's okay." Amber complied, shrugging. 

Krystal could define Amber. Red hair, cut short to a stylish point. Man like aura, to a chill personality. It came to a point where Krystal found comfortable with her possibly new 'friend'. Just picking out, Amber came well with Krystal's own personality. And finally she had found someone to talk normally, without having to give off an annoyed tone. 

"Where are we going?" 

"To the cafeteria." Amber opened the door in front, a slight creak wavering. With the opening of the door, a mass roar of chatter escaped. Students talking away with friends, classmates, etc. Krystal could only manage to groan, reminded of the students howls and shouts over Yoona. Ear splitting, and headache bringing for Krystal, she quickly tried to walk back out. But as if Amber produced eyes the back of her head, she grabbed on the strap of Krystal's backpack. 

"I know it's pretty loud in here, but you'll soon learn how to ignore it." 

Krystal rolled her eyes, a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "Of course I will." Pulled back, Krystal followed beside Amber, taking quick steps. Eyes seemed to follow her again, like back at her previous class. A wave of heads following her–the blonde hair she had creating a bigger hustle of attention. 

"Have you seen her before? She seems new." 

"She's so pretty, but I bet she has a y attitude. You could totally see it in her face." 

"New student? Again?"

"There's the new girl."

It was actually easy for Krystal to directly pick out the small comments made by other students within the loud chaos that happened in the cafeteria. And it wasn't anything surprising from their reactions as she passed by. Moving was a natural thing, and people commenting on her wasn't new. From her blonde hair to cold looks. She had a face to stand out. 

But right now, she wished to disappear. 

"Let's sit here." Amber plopped herself down among a table, rationally farther away from everyone else. A corner which was quieter than before. "Usually during lunch, you're going to find us here." 

"What do you mean by 'us'?" 

Amber stuck out five fingers. "Me, Luna, Kai, Sehun, and Sulli." 

"Sulli?" She let out a huff. "I have no intention of sitting with her." Krystal crossed her arms, leaning back in her chair. 

"Would rather sit by yourself?" 

Krystal pursed her lips before uttering a small "no."

On cue a blue haired female came strolling along, pulling two males behind her. "Amber here is your 'dumb' and 'dumber'." With swift launch, she pushed the two students into Amber. Their bodies collided together, a harmonious groan of pain escaping. 

"Luna, you're so mean," Kai retorted, giving a childish pout. He stumbled back up to stand, pulling Sehun up along with him. 

"Yea, so mean," Sehun repeated.

Luna pinched the bridge of nose, before giving a stinging glare. "You guys got me into so much trouble. I would've killed you guys right at the spot, if I wasn't being scolded."
 
It took seconds after as Amber broke up the bickering trio. "The three of you shut up. Have courtesy for the new student here." 

Luna shut , eyes slightly widened in realization. She fixed her gaze to Krystal, a smile flashed out. "Oh, you must be Krystal. I'm Luna." She stuck out her hand, a different vibe around her. 

Krystal managed to crack out a smile, taking Luna's hand. Letting go, she felt pairs of eyes stare, burning holes through her. 

"You're Krystal. I've heard about you from Sulli." Kai leaned forward, a half smile placed on. "I'm Kai by the way, and the one next to me is Sehun." The short haired brunette gave a toothy grin, greeting her right after. 

It was a slight nod Krystal gave. Her lips upturned to a small smile for the duo. 

"Anyway, where's Ssul?" Luna pitched in, taking a seat herself. 

Amber gave a shrug and the others followed. "I thought she would be with you." 

The conversation tuned out from Krystal's ears. The mention of Sulli's name got her eyebrows furrowed and a feel of annoyance. Maybe it was their unpleasant first meeting. Or maybe they simply didn't match each personalities. But what rambled in her head was that she had to somewhat try to get along, right? She felt the sudden imagination, they were going to be like Tom and Jerry. A hate love relationship, and that might be better than just all out hating her. 

"Krystal? Krystal!" Amber waved her hand in front of the blonde's face. A sudden flinch, Krystal escaped from her thoughts. 

"Y-yea? What?" Krystal stuttered in surprised. 

"Aren't you gonna get something to eat?" 

"I'm not hungry." 

"If you say so. We'll be right back, we're just going to get lunch."

"Okay, hurry up though. I don't want be alone." Amber shot a playful grin, before taking off with the others. Krystal slumped in her chair. Her knees pressed against her chest as her phone laid in hands. The lock screen disappeared, and app opening when she gently pressed her thumb on. Mainstream, but addictive, she continues fiddled around with the game in her phone. It was then before she could click continue, the squeaking of a chair caught her attention. She broke her gaze away from her phone, a blur of brown hair clouding her vision. 

“Krystal?” The voice rang in her ears; the same voice from today morning. 

"Sulli." An awkward smile forced out on her lips. Her fell feet back down onto the tiled floor, a posture that left Sulli averting her eyes to the side. 

There was definitely a deafening silence that bounced between them. Sulli's feet shuffling on the floor, and Krystal's fingers tapping the table. It was cringeworthy awkward. The silent atmosphere soon engulfed everything about them, only their light sighs heard. 

Krystal needed to breathe. She was suffocated in silence and the horrible moment of awkwardness. Her fingers curled to a tight fist as she needed to break the ice. 

"Sulli there you are!" Amber exclaimed, running back to where Krystal and Sulli were. Kai, Sehun, and Luna followed behind with bright smiles, and it left Krystal space to breathe again. 

*

Jessica laid in bed, letting a small smile upturn on her lips. With one arm stretched out, her fingers twirled about the plane that Taeyeon sent recently. 

"Because I see a star shining right in front of me." 

The same phrase replayed, a constant roll of a film. It let the butterflies in her stomach flutter again, a pink tint colored in her cheeks. The cheesy sentence got her cringing, but also had her grinning like an idiot. Jessica felt like a lovestruck fool. She was so sure of it. 

She rolled over to the side hearing a muffled yell from the room across. Jessica raised a brow, slipping out of bed immediately. She quickly left her room, crossing to the other side, where Krystal's bedroom laid. A knock against the door, Jessica leaned in. "Krys, you okay." 

Nothing. 

Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion and worry, Jessica quickly turned the knob of the door. A slight creak broke  out. Jessica looked around to find a perfectly organized room. Her eyes then lingered to the bed in the corner where Krystal stayed curled up in the sheets. Groans of frustration and dismay left the younger's mouth, while she had her back turned. 

"What's wrong with you?" Jessica muttered, giving a judgemental stare. 

"I have to work with her." Krystal barely made it audible, a deep concern growing within. 

"Work with who?" 

"I have to work with Sulli. Out of all the people...Sulli!" Still covered underneath the sheets, Krystal rambled on as if she was talking to herself. She buried herself deeper, face first against her pillow. 

"What's so bad about this Sulli?" Jessica came forward, setting herself down at the edge of the bed. 

"I–I don't know. I can't–just how she looks at me and the tense atmosphere bothers me. Everything about her throws me off," Krystal mumbled, peeking out the covers. 

"I don't know why you're getting so worked about this. Maybe you'll grow to like her." Jessica pointed out, giving a light shrug. 

"As if."