Slow Meeting

Paper Plane

 

Gently, her hand gently pressed on the firm glass door. The bell above jingled as she stepped in the café. And immdiately her eyes roamed the place, in awe. She lingered over to the counter, a sweet aroma pulling her closer. Warmth poured over like a wave, with a sigh that escaped right after. 


"I'll like a hot caramel latte," Jessica ordered, gaze fixated on the edible sweet desserts that placed on view. 


"That'll be $3.95," the girl behind the counter stated. Jessica snapped her head back to the cashier, hand reaching for her purse. She quickly paid, moving down to wait for her drink. 


Jessica wondered for now, mostly about her sister. The snarky smile she drew on, the way Krystal's lips pushed to a playful look. Who knew what went inside that brain of hers, the constant turn of the gear. The bleach blonde's game of 'matchmaker'. Jessica knew, just mentioning the neighbor, Taeyeon's name was a horrible mistake. How much of a tease she would receive back when Krystal came back home. 


"Here's your order." She received the warm drink, giving thanks to the employee. She stepped away from the long counter, a slight smile scribbled on. 


She silently exited the café, hearing the same bell ringing above her as the door opened. The wind crackled against her porcelain skin, only to have her buried deeper in her jacket.


Her family just had to move during the cold winter, early mist of January. Ice cold air, layers of clothes to be worn, and the empty hands of a jobless girl. 


Jessica needed a job. It had only struck her today morning, during the drive to the café. A full time job would do her good. 


She was simply a graduate from college, a small degree in her palms. Nothing to boast about. She has only managed to study a little of music, her voice known to be melodic spell.But a question still wondered around her. What was the nesscary job she could fulfill? 


The same thought scattered in her head, pounding endlessly, before she walked down the busy streets. 

 


*

 

 

Taeyeon caught her lungs gasping for air, burning in a searing pain. Her legs cramped due to her long run down the several blocks.  Breath faltered, she forced to sprint a little further.        


Today wasn't her average morning. 


Her car had run down, which was the least to her worries. Her alarm died on her the last second. And to top it, she woken long due from her normal awakening. Tirelessly, Taeyeon rubbed her eyes, then to stumble out the door to a sprint. 


Not yet she had fully awaken in the cold mid-morning air. Quickly, she rushed through down the streets, headed to arts and music academy. As a teacher, she mentally cursed herself, lightly slapping the side of her face. Her students waited for her to arrive. For the worries of her students, she felt the urge to push farther–her legs having a massive ache. 


It was then she collided, head first into the person's shoulder. A mental note to not have her head down at certain moments. 


Her fingers had let go of the folder she had kept close in her arms. Important documents fallen from her grasp, sending a shock stricken face to form. Taeyeon lost her footing, dropped down onto the cemet sidewalk. A groan escaped her with a light hiss between her gritted teeth. 


Taeyeon scrambled to get up, her hands roaming on the cement sidewalk to find her work. Finding it empty on the ground, she grew hesitant. Not a single drop of patience waited in her, along with a urge not to apologize. Deep worry filled her, a constant biting of her lip. Panicking, she met a tap on the crown of her head. Eyes widened at the second when her head lifted up to view.
 

Jessica stood above, holding her folder. The strawberry blonde's lips curved upwards, and her eyes seemed to glisten with a slight spark. Her pink lips parted open, a smooth phrase that slipped out. "Hey Taeyeon." 


The name came out perfect, just for Taeyeon to feel a slight fluttering feeling brewing inside her.