too fast

Paper Plane


"Jessica?" Taeyeon stumbled down the stairs, rushing to the strawberry blonde, who stood stifling in a laugh. 

"You didn't have to rush down the stairs like that." Jessica giggled, patting the top of Taeyeon's head as she lowered herself in a pant. 

"It would be rude to keep you waiting." 

"I only came here to give you back your phone."

Taeyeon jolted up, eyeing the phone in Jessica's hand. A sigh of relief escaped, her phone found in the right hands. "I thought I lost it?! I've been basically up all night looking for this."

Jessica smiled, an attack to Taeyeon as heat rised slightly to her cheeks. "Well, good thing it was in my car. You left it there yesterday."

It was ecstatic when the slightest brush of each other's hands passed, and their eyes met for a split second, her ears pounded loud of her heart against her chest, the electrifying touch coursed through her veins. She kept it in though, unsure with the sudden unusual chill that crept down her spine. So tightly, she curled her fingers around her cellular device silently thanking she had left it in Jessica's car. She let a smile quirk up to lips, dazed by her sudden appearance. "So thanks–thanks for returning this."

Jessica returned with a cheeky grin, playfully poking her shoulder. "Well, you better take me out for lunch then, since I had to come all the way here." 

"Okay. It's on me." Taeyeon in deep breath starting with lit eyes and an assured smile boldly.. 

"What? Really? I was just kidding–"

Taeyeon flicked her wrist. "I was planning to ask you any way out for lunch." With slightly flushed cheeks, she averted her eyes. "So, would you be willing?" 

Raising her brows in some sort of satisfaction, Jessica smiled. "I guess I could make room in my schedule today." She twirled her the golden watch on her wrist, checking the time. "So...one sounds good?" 

"Sounds perfect." 

-

"I got a job." 

Taeyeon's eyes flickered up, stopping midway to sip her drink. "What? Really?"

"Really." 

Intrigued, Taeyeon leaned closer, "where?"

Jessica grinned, raising both her brows, "well...it's little this place called BLANC & ECLARE." 

She stopped for a moment, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. "Pfft, lies. That company is the biggest industry out there, why would they hire you." Taeyeon with another cheeky grin.

"No, believe me. I'm telling the truth." Jessica urged, furrowing her brows. 

However Taeyeon pestered on, "prove it to me then." Jessica held in a breath thinking, chewing her bottom lip endlessly, before striking a golden idea. 

"There's a banquet held by my boss' son tomorrow night  A simple event, and I want you to come with me." Nearly sputtering and hesitating, Taeyeon looked at her bewildered. 

"Jessica I believe you, but inviting me to such an event–I don't belong to a place like that." But no matter how many times Taeyeon refused and denied, Jessica knew her way around. 

Of course, tomorrow had already come, the sun setting just before. Taeyeon waited out by Jessica's front door, a simple attire of formal wear. A black skirt and a white blouse with flats. It was only to be a simple event, but when Jessica walked out the door, it seemed she was the perfect outfit. Radiant through her simple choice clothing.

If she was struggling to wash down the scorching hot coffee, it would've stayed in burning as she'd been blown away. 

Taeyeon's eyes blatantly trailed up from her legs to her face, suddenly falling deeper in love of the way her eyes opened, her eyelashes fluttering. Her perfected lined nose, creating the attractive profile figure and her strawberry blonde under the sunset. Even when wearing a simple dress, Taeyeon eyes never left her, only a compliment mumbled out . "You look amazing." 

Seemed have taken her aback with the comment, she shyly smiled, giving thanks. Though, Jessica had given Taeyeon a compliment back, who refused numerous times only to say the words again. "You're the one who looks beautiful."

-

Scents of fine fragrance and expensive finery, surely, Taeyeon knew she didn't fit. The large banquet and fancy engraving on the invitation definitely wasn't any lie. And losing the light grip on her arm as Jessica was whisked away by another had her insecure in the mass of people. The empty feel of cold air brushed against her bare arm instead, lonely under the vent. She growled in search for where Jessica had fled off to, slipping past strangers in an uneasy manner. 

She stood, eyes circling around the room to patiently wait for the two to finish talking. By two, she meant Jessica and a sturdy tall man in entirely of a black and white attire. It's been quite a while, sitting quietly of dread minutes that seemed to drag on for hours. It had Taeyeon shuffle awkwardly back and forth, biting her lip every so often, urging the conversation take its pace a little quicker–no much quicker. 

It wasn't going as soon as she thought it was, only their conversation delved deeper, talks of stocks getting stronger. Taeyeon gave an awkward cough, clearing when she decided to make her way closer. "Uh–um. Hey." Jessica caught on quickly, slipping her arm onto hers. 

"This is Taeyeon," Jessica introduced. 

The man smiled, showing his perfected lined teeth in a blinding shade of white. As it certainly was cringeworthy for Taeyeon, she held in the urge to scream, only politely taking his hand for shake. He shook their hands once, letting go with greeting. "Nice to meet you Taeyeon, I'm Tyler. Tyler Kwon." 

They had a brief conversation, just mere introductions before he was pulled away by a man who clearly looked like his father. And relief soothed Taeyeon, a smile drifted to her face when Jessica took her by the arm. "Sorry about that," she said, "I didn't mean to leave you back there alone."

"No, it's okay." 

"But let me make it up to you anyway." Jessica dragged her out to the back of the house, pushing her through the glass pane doors. "Wait here."

And when Taeyeon parted her lips, she was left alone in garden anyway. She stood arms folded, looking blankly upon the night sky. She watched the scattered stars, impatiently waiting for Jessica to return. She grumbled underneath her breath until a light tap hit her shoulder. "A drink." 

Taeyeon gladly took the glass of wine, taking a slight sip. She eyed the other suspiciously, carefully settling down the glass. "Did you do something?"

"I didn't," Jessica shook her head, "just made you this." A paper plane, folded neatly, laid in her hand. "I missed getting these."

Picking off the plane, Taeyeon giggled, "what? I've only forgot to send it to you yesterday. It's a piece of paper, there's nothing special about it."

"But I like them. It's feel like they're a part of my daily routine, something I can't wait to receive each day."

"Stop lying to make me feel better about myself."

"I'm not lying," Jessica put up her hands in defense, "I swear. You're a wonderful person to be with."

"Are you drunk?" Taeyeon asked with laugh. She wondered if it was that glass of alcohol that got her swinging the other way. Her face heated in red with burning cheeks, and her insides twisted in knots. The way Jessica truly meant what she said, got her trembling, nervous of what to become of her. As it was like a kaleidoscope of butterflies fluttered in her stomach. An embarrassed smile stretched across her face just like any scene of a cheap romantic chick flick. She wasn't sure if Jessica truly meant it until she felt her hot breath lingering above her lips, the ecstatic touch struck her in europia. Panicked escaped breaths left Taeyeon, eyes dropped down to her lips. 

Jessica was too close–close to where personal space had no meaning. Her fingers gently laid on Taeyeon's arms, leaning in with a look of a stunning drunk. But Jessica wasn't drunk, not even passed sober. Her fingers never touched the polished fine glass of champagne. 

She told her she never favored the taste of alcohol. 

"You're–you're drunk. Jess–I should get you home–" She tried to reason, coming up to more than ridiculous statements. Taeyeon's eyes widened for a moment, struggling to keep herself sane as Jessica's lips gently pressed against hers without hesitation. They stayed there, a hitch of breath caught in . She pulled away, breathless, her mind stuck in a frenzy of lovestruck gazes. Her eyes fluttered open to Jessica's fingers that traced along her jawline, up to her red cheeks. It was a few syllables that bounced off Jessica's tongue easily, dropping Taeyeon's heart in depth of her stomach. 

"I'm not."