Cold Warmth

Paper Plane


Maybe it was her eyes. The dark chocolate pools that melted her at an instant. Her stomach fluttered at the slightest slip Jessica made of her name. The butterflies became the fluttering feeling that changed to hard thump against her chest. A slight twitch on her lips, formed to a lopsided grin. Taeyeon laid her hand, taking back the folder which once stood in her grasp. Having to get up from the cement sidewalk, she brushed herself off, a wash of embarrassment coming over. 

"Sorry about that." The short brunette bowed to a certain angle, the same words pushed out repeatedly. "I'm so sorry." 

It was a simple statement for Jessica to reassure it was okay. Laughing along as Taeyeon flusteredly muttered apologies, a small smile plastered on, a light pink tint brushed in lightly. "Are you okay?" Jessica's sudden smile dropped low to a concerning frown. 

Taeyeon complied on the other hand, her head nodded slightly. The childish grin glued on while she scratched the back of head. Her lungs still silently gasped for air, a slight ache in her legs. But quickly she responded with a lie. "I'm perfectly fine."

Strawberry blonde hair brushed to the side, Jessica sighed. "That's good to hear. But why were you in such a hurry?" 

"I'm kind of late for work..." Taeyeon trailed off, eyes widened to the fact she forgot. "I gotta go!" She spun to the side, readying to sprint down another street. But before she could take another step, a longing pull sent her back. The grip stayed light on her wrist. 

It was warm. Strangely cold too. Taeyeon couldn't touch upon the feeling she bumped into as Jessica's fingers laced around her wrist. Perfectly, it stuck on, no longer to feel winter's cold breeze. Inside, Taeyeon herself felt herself aflame, charred to black. Her head immediately turned, to find Jessica having the same sparkling glint in her eyes. 

"I'll give you a ride." 

She found herself in a car. Had not given any rejection or even the slightest obligation, Taeyeon was seated in the passenger seat of Jessica's car. Dumbfounded, her fingers played with the edge of the thin folder, nearly bending the edges. 

"Where do you work?" Jessica the heater, rubbing her hands due the extreme drop of temperature. 

"A music and arts academy down the nearest block...I'm an assistant teacher there." 

The gear shifted to drive and Jessica raised a brow. "That's nice, and pretty close." 

"But you don't have to drop me off...it seems like a bother," Taeyeon whispered, eyes lingered to Jessica. 

"Hey, you're late for work. It would be the least I can do for you." Taeyeon shut , breathing out a thank you. 

The whole ride was certainly a deafening silence. Silence, a certain quiet atmosphere that brought the two girls to a calm state. Jessica's eyes on the road–Taeyeon's gaze out the side window. It must have been long since Taeyeon experienced some silent car ride, only the sound of the other vehicles speeding by.  It was until Jessica slowly broke the wall of silence, speaking softly.

"Can I ask you something?" 

"Of course," Taeyeon replied, snapped out of her sudden daze. 

"Is the academy accepting any other assistant teachers or a spot for work, since I'm kind of in need of a job." Jessica stole a quick glance back at the brunette, but back at road again. Taeyeon raised a brow, while her fingers tapped the folder on her lap. 

"Hmm, I can ask. We might have another room for an intern," Taeyeon replied right before her eye caught sight a building. "Stop!" 

The car came to halt with a frightened Jessica as she had stepped on the brake at the sudden command. With ghostly white knuckles, Jessica turned the wheel, over to an empty street parking spot. Taeyeon noticed it right away, the shock stricken girl, and apologized like before. 

"Sorry I shouted like that." 

"It's okay," the strawberry blonde shook off. Taeyeon clicked out her seatbelt, hand on the handle of the door. 

"Thanks for the ride," Taeyeon shyly thanked, fingers brushing out her brown locks, before the car door opened. 

"You're welcome, and see you tonight?" 

With her lip bitten, Taeyeon cracked on a smile. "Definitely." 

 

 

 

 


*

 

 

 

 


Krystal managed to slip a sigh between the other girl's rambling. A deep frown and an unpleasant expression written all over. Forced, she followed beside her fellow classmate, a tall brunette named Sulli. The taller girl pointed to classrooms and hallways, descriptions mumbled. Just as Krystal didn't want to be there, Sulli didn't want to either. 

Having to give a tour to the new student student, Sulli eyed the blonde girl, who simply crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. She could clearly hear the light sighs that soon came down to deep sighs. Her shoes squeaking on the tiled floors. Nearly slapping herself, Sulli paused. "The tour's done, you can head to your next class." She started to shoo Krystal away, pushing her to the next hallway.

"Wait...wait." 

Sulli stopped, eyebrows creased. "What is it?" 

Shamelessly, the blonde stated words Sulli wished she didn't hear. "I wasn't paying attention to what you were saying. I have no idea where my next class is." Krystal shrugged and scratched the back of her head. Her eyes lingered to Sulli, who gave a slap to her own face. With a groan, Sulli threw her hand over onto Krystal's wrist before she dragged to her next class. 

"Seriously, what's wrong with you?" Sulli snarled, grip tightened on the other's wrist. "How can you completely ignore everything around you?" 

Her shoulders shrugged again. "Don't want to be here. And it's not like you care anyway." 

Sulli turned the girl to face, despite their height, their eyes met. "Look here," she hissed, "I was told to look after you during the first day of school, and if you pull off some stupid or anything, it comes to my fault. So I don't want you to ruin my reputation along with yours." 

"Okay, okay. I get it. I'll be good," Krystal grumbled as she peeled the other girl's hand off her wrist. 

"Good then," Sulli sighed, "your class is the second one to your left." She pointed to the crowded students that others managed to squeeze through. Loud chatter and painful shouts let Krystal furrow her eyebrows, wanting to rip out her ears. 

"What's up with them," she asked Sulli. 

Simply, Sulli gave a small smile, suprising Krystal. 

"They're basically wanting to see the new teacher I guess. Heard she's a beauty." 

The blonde nearly scoffed, "I don't see why a teacher is something to fawn over." 

"Just get to class." 

Slowly, she dragged herself to class, backpack slung over one shoulder. Trying to break through the blockade of students near the door, she quickly staggered in just as the bell rang. A breath released in relief before she felt chills erupt within her as it seemed a wave of heads turned to her direction. She could make out the small whispers upon her classmates, strange to find a new face. Quickly, the mutters ignored, she turned her head over to where 'supposedly' the new teacher was. 

It was right then she had her eyes widened, stuck on an elegant figure. She could feel her stomach churn with a strike of flustered words escaping her. "I-I'm Krystal Jung and the n-new student to your class." Immediately, Krystal began to the notice her eyes unable to avert away from the teacher. Her palms getting quite clammy, lips upturning into a smile. 

"Nice to meet you Krystal. You can call Miss Im. I hope we can along due to how we're both new here." 

Bowed down, her blonde locks managed to cover her scorched, red tinted cheeks, while she played with the hem of her black skirt. Krystal didn't know why. Why she was making such a fuss over the female teacher. Sudden red color pooled in her cheeks, a fiery burn going about in her chest. 

She didn't know why. 

Krystal stood back up straight, before rushing to a empty desk at the end of the room. It seemed stares punctured through her until she took a seat. Her heart raced along with the steady voice of Miss Im, the brief geometry lesson swiftly passed her. Krystal felt herself reach a point of heating up again, only then she loosened the uniform's tie. 

Exhaling, she took a peek to the seat next to her. Scruffy red head, paying not what attention to her surroundings. Eyeing the name tag, it shined a name, Amber Liu. Definitely a transfer. The red head's pencil constantly drew in horizontal lines, then back to vertical lines. It quite grabbed Krystal's attention, giving her a chance to change her attention away from the teacher. Her gaze fixated on the red head, she finally whispered a question. "What are you drawing?" 

"Nothing special. Why?" 

"Just wondering." 

They both came to pause, a slight awkward presence around them, but Krystal pushed it away, asking a question. 

"Do you know a girl, Sulli?" 

Amber had her brow raised, attention both at the piece of paper on her desk along with the blonde. 

"Yea, I know her."

"Is she always that much of a ?" Krystal's voice came down quiet, cautious of not being called out. 

Stifled in a laugh, caught Amber forcing back. She silently chuckled to herself, whispering out an answer, "no? She's like the nicest girl in school." 

"Liar." 

"Well she can be one if she doesn't like people who don't listen to her." Amber complied, hand taken back the pencil, twirled around her fingers. 

"Then would she be mad?"

"Mad at what?" Before Krystal answered the question, her eyes drifted upon Miss Im once more. Slight fastening of her heartbeat, she hurriedly looked away. 

"Would she be mad if I had an affair with a teacher?" 

 

 

 

 

 


**
Thanks for all the subscriptions and comments. Excuse any grammar mistakes. Also I'm going to very busy, so I won't have that much time to write. Updates might be constant after next week. Sorry. But I'll update asap. 

Subscribe and Comment.