Left Hanging

Paper Plane

 

A fine line was definitely drawn between the two students who sat side by side. The aura of deep dislike poured out the moment they forced out their greetings. Static and unbelievably painful experience to Sulli. Uncomfortable and strange. 

"So what part of the project are you willing to do?" Sulli brushed back the stinging feel of awkwardness over her shoulder. A huff of breath made its way out after, "Powerpoint or essay?." 

"I don't really care." Krystal sighed with a small shrug, slumping deep into the couch. "I'll do whatever." 

"Fine. I'll do the powerpoint." Sulli slid over the laptop to her lap with the taps of the keys. Her finger ever so gently grazed the buttons, a click of a sound became the repetitive beat.

Krystal noticed Sulli to be quite silent. (At least when she was working.) And breathing in this intoxicated air of tension considered Krystal's feelings to be the closing in of the walls. The intimate touch of eachother's annoyance at presence of one another was still there. 

Unbearable. 

Krystal laid her pencil down on her half written essay, her fingers ached in a cramp. "You, done yet?"

"No."

"Okay," Krystal grumbled, fingers fumbling with the mechanical pencil. 

The gradual thickening of the silence calmed the atmosphere, eventually. Time had seeped passed through quite quickly, the change of the hands on the clock struck its way to the number nine. Krystal had no problem staying a little longer, just to finish the essay in one go. But that was impossible. She's only gone halfway, barely keeping her eyes open through the monotonous topic of the human anatomy. It was an absolute bore. 

As if her body wasn't ready to cooperate, Krystal was at the state of 'low battery.' The whole day she rusted in the limbs and the dysfunction of her brain caught up. She mentally cursed herself at staying up nearly all night to play games with Amber. The illuminated light of the desktop screen burned her eyes as she opened them the next day. The girl never learned to how to stop until she fell asleep on top of the keyboards. 

Waking up like that wasn't a pleasure when red squares scattered on the side of her cheek, red and pressed in. Her back slouch forward must have gotten worse and the ache in her arms and legs. She slept upright, sitting in the swiveled chair by her desk. 

A promise was to herself by Krystal. A simple statement she swore to keep as she gently closed her eyes. She wasn't going to drift off to another land of dreams, she needed at least to get most of the work done during the extra time they had. But simply, Krystal was going to close her eyes, and it was nothing more. 

Unknowingly, she lied. 

She still stirred in her sleep, a mixture of haze and excessive tiredness from the working of her brain. It wasn't then Krystal groaned, opening her eyes slightly to sudden excruciating light. Her half lidded eyes spotted the ceiling which she had never intended to wake up to. Shifting her head to the side, she found herself snapped awake on Sulli's lap. 

A faint voice of absolute disbelief left the blonde. Faint. "Oh my god." She panicked to immediately get off the brunette's lap, but to instead find the student herself sleeping. Unwilling to bother Sulli in her slumber Krystal created the least amount of movements. She moved a little closer though,  unknowingly letting her lips curve upwards. 

Sulli had her head tilted slightly back, her light breathing as her chest heaved in and out. Her fingers laid tangled in a mess of Krystal's bleached locks, gently and carefully. 

Krystal had no idea. She had no idea what had happened before she had combusted into a literal state of slumber. When or how did she fall onto Sulli. But out of this, Krystal thought staying like this for a little longer would make things a little bit better. 

 

*

 

Taeyeon laid her hand on her scorched cheek where the kiss was planted while her other hand gently placed on top of the door knob. The door behind her closed as she bid her goodbye while the feeling of Jessica's lips engraved on her porcelain cheek. 

"Wow..." There was a slight falter of her voice as she was left breathless at the tiniest peck on the cheek. But Taeyeon snapped herself back to reality with a light slap onto the side of her face. 

She needed to snap out of her made up daydreams and wake up without the thought of walking on clouds. "What an overreaction Taeyeon, pull yourself together." She trudged up the stairs, a light sigh of utter relief as if the whole time she had been breathing in a line of thin air. 

Maybe she needed a good night sleep and next morning she would've cooled down. 

The next morning was not a pleasant one. Her alarm rang loud enough for her to go deaf on one side. The annoying tune cascaded into her head to mess with her sweet dreams. Barely having her eyes open, she plopped back down on her bed immediately without question, and  a deep groan stabbed the walls of her room. The cold weather didn't help either, knowing that she had to muster her way to work in ungodly manner. 

Her early attire consisted of a large hoodie, sweatpants, and her high tops. Grumpy with a swoon of slight anger, she stuffed her phone into her pocket and slid on her bag. 

Nothing could possibly awaken the sleeping beauty within her as she was barely awake. Her mind still refused to awaken in its total shut down. So in response, Taeyeon's hand fumbled with the lock on her door, and annoyance sneered through her gritted teeth. "Holy mother–" The lock turned in obedience to much in Taeyeon's dismay. 

But at least her car was running. 

It was right then when Taeyeon stepped in to the academy trudging up another flight of stairs. With slow steps she pushed open the nearest practice room to only be greeted by a mischievous blonde. 

Hyoyeon stifled in a laugh, her hand immediately shot up to . "Oh my god, what happened to you? You're totally out of your game today." 

"I think you can see why. I like slept about an hour? Thirty minutes?" Taeyeon muttered pinching the bridge of her nose. She plopped herself straight down on the nearby couch, her face first. "Y'know I just need some coffee." 

"I'll ask Seulgi to bring you some later." Hyoyeon considered, taking a seat on the edge of the couch. "We've got lessons to teach, so better not die on me." 

"Don't worry," Taeyeon grumbled, "I'm already dead." 

The blonde girl pat Taeyeon's legs, giving a reassured grin, "find a way to keep yourself awake okay?" 

"Okay." 

Hyoyeon left after, the door of the practice room closed shut. The dimmed lights in the room weren't helping, it only kept Taeyeon dozing off on the couch. Couple? Several? Taeyeon was sure minutes had passed as the hour hand of the clock made its way passed the next quarter. She plopped lifelessly once again onto the couch closing her eyes slowly. 

"Hey, Taeyeon!" The door swung open, a bear–like girl calmly but brightly entering the room. "I got you coffee." 

Taeyeon took a moment to catch her breath as she was caught off guard unexpectedly. She rolled to the edge of the couch, her elbows ready to prop her up. The tiredness within her must've washed away at the instant as Seulgi entered. (She was finally able to get her eyes to focus). "Thanks Seulgi. You could've have just let Hyoyeon bring it herself...She's such a lazy , asking the younger ones to do all the work."

"No, no. It's fine." Seulgi chuckled, her fingers brushing back her newly blonde dyed hair. "I actually needed to talk to you."

"Really?" Taeyeon asked, taking sips in between. "What is it?" 

Seulgi pursed her lips for a moment, her eyes traveled to the other side of the room. "Uhm, there's someone here for you at the main entrance."

Settling down the cup of coffee on her lap, Taeyeon raised a brow. Her face screamed in confusion. "Who?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

**
I haven't caught up this story in a while so first I'll apologize. My writing has gotten worse as did my immune system. I promise the next chapter will longer. So wait just wait. 
And thanks for all the comments and subscriptions once again.