Undefined Phrases

Paper Plane

 

"What kind of question is that?" Amber muttered in a whisper, eyebrows furrowed. "Of course Sulli would be shocked to hear that." 

Krystal leaned forward onto her desk, fingers lightly tapped on the beige desk. Arms on the surface, she slipped out a word. 

"Exactly. It's funny to see her get mad–"

"Krystal and  Amber, would like to share the class your conversation." 

The blonde froze on spot, before she turned herself away from the red head, who simply pretended nothing happened. In a snap, the lesson continued along with the scribbling of pencil going on paper. Krystal buried herself in her arms, head down on the desk, a small huff leaving her. Quietly, she still eyed Amber as she ripped a corner of a sheet of paper. Seconds after, the piece of scrap paper was handed to Krystal the moment Amber's arm stretched over. Paper plucked off her fingers, Krystal unfolded it. 

Wanna hang out after class?

Eyebrow raised, it turned over, Krystal dug in her bag for a writing utensil. Snatching out a black ink pen, Krystal had written a short phrase, dark and engraved. 

Why not?

The rest of the class was her eyes glued 24/7 at the so labeled, flawless goddess. The lesson muted and burned from existence, the shimmered glow Krystal felt melting from. The vent above was not helping as heat caused her flushed face to redden. Fingers tugged at her uniforms collar, tie loosened. For winter was supposed to be here, nothing was expected to cool her down. 

Krystal didn't understand–a nervous break down eating her from the inside. A sudden admiration formed on the first sight; just like Jessica

Just like how her sister, Jessica, got excited and intrigued to a person she barely met. The sight of them uplifting her day. What kept her awake the whole night by thinking about them.

She simply admired Miss Im. 

It was simple as that, and it wasn't a wrong feeling. Her appearance had appealed to Krystal, like how everyone else fawned and created admiration. The descriptions of a fluttered feeling that erupted in one's chest wasn't lying. And Krystal had to reassure herself. 

She wasn't going to go head over heels for the teacher. She wasn’t going to plan herself to fall into a pit of unrequited love. Krystal, however was going to enjoy the company of the teacher. Something about the doe eyed female just caught her attention. 

The bell had supposedly rang, ignored by Krystal. Not even the slightest ring crept passed her ears, and even the shuffling of the students shoes as they scattered out. It was only then, Amber's finger tapped the blonde's shoulder, breaking her away from the slight daydream. 

"Hey, blondie. Are you coming or what?"

"O-oh, yea. I'm coming." Krystal grabbed her bag off the desk, letting it sling over shoulder. She gazed over at the students conversing with her teacher. A urge to join them pulling at her, but she quickly grabbed onto Amber's arm, following out the classroom. 

"You like Yoona right?"

"What? Who?" 

Amber chuckled with a roll of her eyes. "Miss Im, Yoona Im."

Eyes averted to the side, Krystal rubbed the back of her neck. "I just think she's really attractive." She looked back the tomboy who only gave a slight nod. And she immediately erased the question out her head. 

*

Glass doors opened, letting the cold winter air breeze through. A short blonde shivered at the feeling that brushed along her skin. Goosebumps scattered along her arms. 

"Taeyeon! Hurry up and close those doors," she grimaced, rubbing her chilled arms. 

Taeyeon chuckled, pushing the door to a close. "That's not my fault Hyoyeon. You're the one wearing who's wearing that thin shirt."

"Well, it was hot in here before, so you can't blame me." Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, no longer having a cold feeling down her spine. The working of the heater warming her quickly instead. She walked over, folder plucked off Taeyeon's hands and waved in the air. "Finally you brought the music piece, even though you were slightly late." 

"Slightly? I'm a half an hour late! I'm getting in so much trouble," Taeyeon proclaimed. She pinched the bridge of her nose, awaited for the harsh scolding she was soon to recieve. A sigh left her, her coat coming off after. "Can you give me the folder back. I need to bring it to Leeteuk." 

"I know, you've been talking about this the whole week." Hyoyeon lifted her finger, aimed up. "He's on the second floor by the way." 

Taeyeon nodded. Fiddling with the folder, she took in a deep breath and headed upstairs. It was a short flight of stairs which wasn't much of a bother. Quick few steps, and there she was standing in front of the first practice room. She let the door slightly open, creating a small opening. Leeteuk and the students immediately caught her eyes; voices were thrown back and forth in short phrases. She bit her lip while she opened the door, her grip hard in the handle. 

"Taeyeon!" Leeteuk waved as soon as the door opened. The students greeted and said their goodbyes as they exited, leaving the two alone. 

"Hey." Taeyeon took a slight bow, walking a little closer to him. She neared, with a cracked on smile. Her eyes fell to the ground, meeting a hard smack on the crown of her head. A rolled up magazine laid in Leeteuk's hand, a definite frown on his face. 

"You're late again." 

"I know. But it won't happen again," Taeyeon said, rubbing the aching spot. 

"You said that last time, but for now, it's okay. So do you have the music piece?"

"Of course." Taeyeon handed over the folder, a proud grin on her face. "And oh god, you hit really hard."

The older man chuckled, "it wasn't even that hard of a hit." He set the folder down on the nearest table, picking up a styrofoam cup. 

"You're not going to look at it?"

"No need for that. I wouldn't be surprised at what you've chosen, since I know you too well. " The contents in the cup were gulped down, and the cup itself put back on the table. 

"I am an unexpected person." Taeyeon raised a brow, but furrowed again. "But you never know." 

"Fine I'll check it later. 

"Okay, but I have something to ask you."

"What is it?" 

"Do think we have a spot for another intern?" 

*

Dropped off from Hyoyeon's car, she thanked the petite blonde before exiting. Hyoyeon waved a goodbye just as Taeyeon did so. The brunette stepped off the vehicle, rushing out to her front door. Her fingers numbly fumbled with the keys in her hands. Barely getting the key through the hole of the door knob, it clicked open. 

"I'm home."

It was a habit actually. Everyday when she arrived back from work, the same phrase slipped. A fellow greeting to a pitch black house for one. The echo of her voice following out the empty halls and rooms, dying out quickly. Taeyeon was indeed a quite lonesome person. The slight, large house was too big for herself alone, but that was okay. It used to be filled with her joyous laughter along with her roommate. Everything came to a deadly silence as her previous roommate left, following after her boyfriend. And people began to ask, where had Taeyeon disappeared off to. 

But that didn't matter now. Being alone was enjoyable, and Taeyeon knew something about Jessica made it better. It made her want to stay a little longer here; just to talk to every night. Arms pressed against the balcony railing, she would shiver at the winter air. 

It then struck her. 

Taeyeon stormed up the stairs, stumbling through her bedroom door. Her fingers grazed her phone, quickly checking the time. Immediately, she snatched the pieces of paper that laid on her desk. The pieces of a paper were folded to paper planes, a drawing of a smile scribbled over. The balcony doors opened, her body peeking out. Right across, the room's light illuminated through the curtains. Taeyeon's body leaned forward with one hand on the railing, and the other grabbed onto the paper plane. 

"Jessica!" Taeyeon could only shout, just audible between them. She waited after, eyes sparkling while widened. A toothy grin pushed up; the paper planes pushed closer to her chest. 

"Taeyeon?" Jessica put a strand of her blonde hair over her ear, a smile plastered on. 

"That's me," Taeyeon replied, "and I have your daily paper airplane here." 

"You're actually going to send me one everyday..." 

"Why? You don't want that?" Taeyeon joked, twirling a paper plane in her hand. 

Jessica spoke with the answer of, "no, I would love that."

A chuckle left her lips, but died out in a flash. "Hey, remember about the job offer you talked about in the morning...I'm sorry, but there isn't a spot for another intern."

"O-oh. That's okay," a glum response left Jessica. 

The mood had obviously dropped down in Taeyeon's perspective. And her lips pursed together before it parted again. "Jessica! Here catch!"

Taeyeon eyed Jessica, lifting up her arm slightly. The plane between her thumb and forefinger, it gently swept off. A message written and sent like a text, Jessica leaned over, receiving it. Maybe she would call it a lucky catch. Raising both her brows, she tilted the airplane, her eyes lingered to a written question. 

Don't you see stars?

"Do I see stars?" Jessica looked up, but to look back down in dismay as there were no stars scattered tonight. Nothing but the view of the moon and airline planes flying pass. She furrowed her eyebrows, confused at the statement. "Taeyeon, there aren't any stars viable here." 

"Are you sure?"

Jessica replied, "I'm sure."

"That's weird, because I see a star shining right in front of me." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

I'm so sorry. This was a rushed chapter and a very slow starting. Exams aren't finished yet due to the weather here. I'm not sure when I'll update, but soon. Thanks for the subscriptions and comments.