Red Tint

Paper Plane

 

Taeyeon tugged at the collar of her flannel as the café seemed to grow hotter in midst of winter. Her fingers tapped nonstop at the table in front of her, a jittery feeling abruptly jumping about inside. Taeyeon didn't know why she was so nervous. She didn't understand why she couldn't control the uncontainable flutters in her stomach. It seemed much of an overreaction as Taeyeon saw it, mostly because she was just simply waiting for Jessica. 

They had planned to meet in a café right after Taeyeon finished work early to an empty schedule at four in the afternoon. Jessica simply agreed with a smile as yesterday night Taeyeon blurted out embarrassingly. 

"Do you want to go out with me?"

Taeyeon remembered the fiery red flush her cheeks got as her face scorched in a high level of heat. And the accidental slip she made without a thought stayed there from yesterday. 

"No, wait not like that," Taeyeon quickly corrected herself, "I mean like do you wanna hang out at somewhere? Or go out and have a day together. I just want to get to know you better. I–I–" Jessica giggled at Taeyeon's unstoppable ramble which seemed like a nervous breakdown. A toothy grin on Taeyeon's lips, a slight twitch. 

"I'll go." 

"W–what? You will? U-um, so tomorrow sounds good?" Taeyeon caught herself throwing words at random places, stuttering phrases. 

"Tomorrow sounds good." Jessica gave a thumbs up between it, chuckling lightly. "You're so cute." 

Like an arrow to her chest, Taeyeon became another shade of red, deeper than before. She found herself giving another one of her stupid grins, rubbing her nape. "Perfect, but I haven't gotten your number." 

"Oh right! Wait a minute. I'll be back." Jessica flashed back into her room into much of Taeyeon's confusion. It wasn't then Jessica came running back out onto her balcony, a crumpled ball of paper in her hand. "Catch!" With a swing of her arm, it became a horrible throw that barely made it passed the balcony. 

"Wh-whoa." Taeyeon leaned over the railing of her balcony, nearly tipping over just to catch the paper ball. Quite surprised, she shot backwards clutching the crumpled paper close to her chest. She let out a breath, a short laugh coming after. Taeyeon unfolded the piece of paper quickly and there was Jessica's number written in a slight messy handwriting, but readable.

"Call me, okay?" 

Those were the only words Taeyeon remembered before waking up in the morning. 

She slipped out her phone, fumbling it with her fingers. She had texted a message a few minutes ago and a surge of anxiety struck her. It was nerve wrecking. Just all the things that could go wrong played around in her head, creating a more of a troubling situation. 

Would Jessica actually come?

Was it all another mishap dream?

Hallucination?

Taeyeon inhaled deeply, her leg shaking up and down underneath the table. The door behind her jingled with the bell above, startling her. She quickly turned around, a smile breaking out. 

"Jessica." Taeyeon ed the collar of flannel, the feeling of a heat wave burst through the heater above. 

"Hey, Taeyeon." Jessica causally greeted, taking a seat across from the shorter one. "What did you get me?" She questioned, her fingers curled on the warm drink that been purchased minutes ago. 

"Um, just a regular coffee with cream and sugar," Taeyeon replied, taking a drink of her own hot beverage. 

"Well, I actually like lattes." 

That startled Taeyeon. The short brunette stuttered for a moment, blurting out an apology. "I'm sorry. I should've asked what you wanted. Should I get you another one then?" 

"No, no. You don't need too," Jessica laughed, "I was only stating that I liked lattes because remember you wanted to know me better?" 

Taeyeon plopped back down into her seat. "Oh right. So Jessica likes lattes." 

The blonde nodded, "what about you." 

With a raised brow, Taeyeon replied. "I don't really care. I think I like any kind of drinks." 

"Interesting." 

"Really? 

"Really. You seem like a person who varies between types," Jessica complied, giving a slight shrug. 

"Ok, basically so far the only thing I know about our Jessica Jung is that's she's twenty five who enjoys lattes and..."

"And?"

"That's actually it! There's nothing I know more  about you. It's quite depressing actually." Taeyeon sighed out, slumping deep in her seat. 

"You would care so much to know about me?" 

"Of course!" The diminishing light that had died out in Taeyeon's eyes began to sparkle again with its previous remains. "I want to know everything you want me to know." 

"Ok then," Jessica leaned back, "I'll start from the beginning.

The conversation sped passed with laughs and questions following after questions. It rolled around with Taeyeon's dying wish to travel around the world studying music with Jessica's desperate wish to quickly find a job. And Jessica's unrelated for singing popping up after a while Taeyeon suggested her to sing a little. Within the deep on going conversation Jessica managed to slip in a grumble about her love stricken sister which ended up Taeyeon chuckling about their such sisterly bond. 

"You have quite an interesting life there," Taeyeon blurted, her arms crossed. 

"I find it quite tiring," Jessica replied with a raise of her brow. "And your's isn't so bad either. You have a dream you want to accomplish while I have no idea where I'm headed." 

"That's alright," Taeyeon stated, a reassured smile put on. "As long as you're happy, it's all right."

Jessica thought about for a moment. Her lips curving utmost to a small smile. "You're right, but about me getting a job...do you think the company BLANC would do good?" 

With both brows raised, Taeyeon cocked her head slightly to the side. "BLANC? You applied?" 

"I might, but I wonder if it's the right choice for me to work there." 

"They have pretty good products with design. I think it'd be okay."

And that's all Jessica could spill before the sight of the afternoon's time met eyes. She could clearly sense they had spent quite a decent amount, just enough for their hot drinks to vanish instantly. The warm glow of the sun still above, but later to set down on the other side. 

Jessica didn't want to leave. The fuzzy and tingling feel abruptly went about in her stomach. It began to brew butterflies that scattered and fluttered back and forth within. 

"I have to pick up my sister soon." Slowly Jessica picked up her coat along with herself off the seat.

 Taeyeon got up after, slipping on her jacket. "Uh can I get a ride too?" An apologetic smile place on lips, her hand rubbing the back of her neck. "My car still under work and I just thought–"

"Why wouldn't I?" Her coat and muffler wrapped around for the mask of winter, Jessica tugged on Taeyeon's hand dragging out the door. The bell jingled above them, a stricken melody to her ears. Taeyeon's hand embraced tighter around Jessica's, giving a little more warmth than before. 

Even though the cold air bit back on her on frigid skin, she felt fire. Aflame, a burning sensation by just the grab of Jessica's hand. No longer did Taeyeon encounter harsh cruel winds, but spring's light lukewarm weather. 

The car ride back home was another experience. The soft melodic voice that started from a slight hum to light singing became the replayed record in Taeyeon's head. It was then before she joined in, a vocal fiesta going in a single car between them. "Being with you is the best," it was all Taeyeon's could breathe out, slumping back into the seat. 

Jessica's car parked in her driveway, both exited the vehicle. Jessica's warm feeling of spring died quickly as she shivered underneath the blanket of cold air. The wind crackled against her face like whiplash. Along with the horrible scattering of goosebumps on her arms, she encountered the numb touch on her skin. 

Quickly, her pace was ridden higher at the state of unbearable cold. She stayed back though, walking alongside with the short brunette. Before heading down to her own house, Jessica stayed on the steps. Her fingers fiddled together along with a deep inhale. While moving a strand of strawberry blonde hair behind her ear, Jessica leaned forward. 

A small peck was given on Taeyeon's rosy pink cheeks which were cold from winter's air. "Thank you for today." With the light kiss, Jessica left a very flustered Taeyeon. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


**
Thanks for reading. Sorry for the late update tho. (I was half asleep so excuse any grammar mistakes.) Also I'm thinking about taking out the ship involving Krystal and plan that out later. Any way don't forget to leave a comment and subscription.