Baby Goodnight

GTOP One-Shot Collection

Wow this was exactly 808 words XD


Seunghyun awoke from his nap by a small whimper from next to him. Sitting up carefully, he went over to the source of the sound. A 4 month old baby—their baby—was laying in the middle of the crib, restless. For some reason, the little boy was having trouble falling asleep.

Seunghyun thought about picking him up and holding him until he fell asleep, but then Jiyong’s voice played in his head.

“Don’t pick him up! If you do, he’ll never get used to sleeping by himself!

Seunghyun bit his lip and looked around, trying to decide what to do. He can’t just sit by and watch as his beloved little boy struggles to fall asleep. What if he’s having a nightmare? He needs his dad to comfort him, doesn’t he?

After a careful peek through the crack in the door and a silent prayer that Jiyong won’t come looking for him until the baby’s sleeping well again, he quietly rounded the crib and pulled himself up into the crib, very carefully avoiding squishing the tiny human. As soon as he settled, the baby calmed down instantly.

He just laid there for who knows how long, just staring at his child. He was perfect. Every parent says that about his or her child, but in this case, Seunghyun knew he wasn’t exaggerating. He was perfect, from his dark hair, to his long lashes and chubby cheeks, to his tiny hands and feet.

Seunghyun carefully extended his hand. He placed his finger in the middle of his son’s open palm and felt a rush of love, pride, possessiveness when he felt the little hand closing around his finger. He never once imagined how it would feel to be a father, and now…he doesn’t want to be anything else.

“So that’s where you’ve been hiding.”

Seunghyun jumped a bit as he heard Jiyong’s voice. He looked up to see Jiyong standing in the doorway leaning against the door frame. Seunghyun lifted his other hand and waved Jiyong over.

“I wasn’t hiding,” he whispered. “The little guy was restless so I wanted to help him sleep again,” Seunghyun quietly explained.

“So you got in the crib with him?” Jiyong narrowed his eyes at his husband.

“Well, you said not to pick him up, so…” Seunghyun trailed off when he felt the baby stir again.

Jiyong looked at Seunghyun, finding his logic adorable, but not wanting to show it. “Get out of that crib.”

Seunghyun looked up at Jiyong, eyes wide at the demanding tone of voice. “What?”

“Get out of that crib,” Jiyong repeated in the same tone.

“No,” Seunghyun pouted.

“Seunghyun, get out right now.”

“No,” Seunghyun insisted.

Jiyong walked up to Seunghyun and grabbed his free hand and pulled him to sitting position.

“Hyunnie,” Jiyong pleaded, fixing his puppy eyes on Seunghyun. “Are you gonna let me sleep alone tonight?”

Seunghyun shifted his eyes away. “If you keep talking to me in that tone, yes.”

Jiyong’s eyes brimmed with tears. “Hyunnie please. You know how I get when I see you sleeping in a bed other than ours.”

“Seriously,” Seunghyun turned towards Jiyong. “This is a crib. Our baby’s crib! How can you get jealous of our baby?”

“Don’t ask me that,” Jiyong said, lowering his eyes. “Just please come back to bed. I can’t sleep without you next to me,” Jiyong pouted.

“Well you should’ve thought of that before you started ordering me around,” Seunghyun said as he pulled his hand from Jiyong’s and lied back down, turning his back to Jiyong.

Jiyong stood there for a while, stunned. Apparently he’d taken things too far this time. Heaving a sigh, he whispered an “I’m sorry” then made his way to the master bedroom.

 

 

 

A couple of hours later, a feeling of guilt gnawing at Seunghyun conscience caused him to leave the baby’s crib in search for his husband. He found him lying in bed, tossing and turning, Seunghyun’s pillow held captive between his arms and legs. A small smile pulled at Seunghyun’s lips as he made his way to his side of the bed. Jiyong and their child were so similar. Maybe that’s the main reason Seunghyun thought of him as perfect. Because he reminded him of the most important person in his life.

Gently, he tugged the pillow from Jiyong’s grip and replaced it with himself. Immediately, Jiyong’s arms fastened around his waist and he threw a leg over Seunghyun’s. Seunghyun chuckled softly as he slipped his hand under Jiyong’s head and pulled him closer. He’d be lying if he said he could sleep well when he was away from Jiyong.

Jiyong sighed contentedly and mumbled “I’m sorry” again in his sleep. Seunghyun’s heart almost broke at that. He placed a kiss on Jiyong’s forehead and whispered “I love you” before tightening his grip around Jiyong and drifting off into a peaceful sleep.