Away

GTOP One-Shot Collection

this just came to me like an hour ago...it's only 900 words. hope you like it ^_^


Seunghyun sighed as he walked in through the door to the apartment he was renting. He toed off his shoes and walked into the apartment, not bothering to turn on the lights as he made his way to the bedroom. It was already three in the morning and his feet were killing him. All he wanted to do was crawl under the covers and sleep for a year. But first, a shower.

He'd come to Japan almost six months ago for a film he was shooting. It was his first time being away from Korea this long. Being away from Jiyong. He hasn't seen anyone from back home during his entire stay in Japan. Even though the other members came to Japan often, they never had a chance to meet since their schedules always collided. They called him though, and that comforted him if only a little.

As he laid down on his bed he picked up his phone from the bedside table and scrolled down to Jiyong's number. He was torn between whether or not to call him. It was 4am already, and even though he knew that Jiyong stayed up late, he decided not to risk it. He knew Jiyong was working on a new album these days and he didn't want to bother him if he was asleep. He ended up sending a text, putting the phone back in its place and drifting off to sleep.

I miss you and I love you.


 

***


 

Seunghyun was enjoying his first day off in weeks. It was his birthday so the director generously allowed him two days off to rest. He couldn't be happier. Everyone from back home called him and wished him a happy birthday. Everyone except the one he wanted to call the most.

Jiyong.

Seunghyun tried not to be disappointed. He tried to distract himself for the day, going out with a few of the staff members who dragged him to a bar to celebrate his birthday. He tried to have fun, but that didn't stop him from checking his phone every ten minutes hoping for a phone call or at the very least, a text. But nothing came.

He was sad. And he didn't want to dampen everyone's good spirits with his wallowing so he called it a night. Everyone whined and complained how it was still too early for him to leave, but he excused himself as politely as he could, promising them to make it up for them some other day. Reluctantly they let him leave and he was back home, having a staring contest with his phone.

In the end, he gave up. Maybe Jiyong was busier than he thought. Busy enough to forget his boyfriend's birthday. Seunghyun tried not to let that get to him, but he still felt his heart clench painfully at the thought. Then another unwelcome thought came to his mind.

What if he found someone else?

Seunghyun knew he was being ridiculous. He knew Jiyong was faithful to him but he couldn't help it. The thought kept festering in his mind like a splinter. He shook his head and got up. He needed to sleep. Maybe there will be news from Jiyong in the morning. Maybe.

He had just pulled the covers over him, settling in for sleep when the doorbell rang. Seunghyun frowned. Who would come at--he looked at the digital clock on his bedside table--11:56pm?

Sluggishly he got up and walked to the door and opened it.

"Happy birthday," Jiyong's voice came floating to his ears. "And I said it with two minutes to spare," the younger beamed.

Seunghyun couldn't believe his eyes. Jiyong was there in front him. In the flesh. He wasn't imagining it. He reached a hand out tentatively to touch Jiyong's face, to make sure he wasn't a figment of his imagination. When his fingers came in contact with a warm cheek, he blinked out of his sleep fogged mind and pulled Jiyong into a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you so much," he mumbled into Jiyong's neck, where he had buried his face.

Jiyong chuckled and brought his hand to Seunghyun's back, running soothing up and down it's length. "I missed you too baby."

Seunghyun pulled back and held Jiyong at arms length, taking him in fully. He had dark circles under his eyes. His clothes were wrinkled, suggesting he hasn't changed in at least a day, and his was pale. "What happened to you?" Seunghyun asked, concern rising in his chest. He had never seen Jiyong look so tired.

"Oh you know, long nights at the studio, not a lot of food, and long back and forth trips between the US and Korea," Jiyong said dismissively, leaning up on his toes to place a chaste kiss on his boyfriend's lips. "Sorry I couldn't call you earlier. I was on a plane, catching up on sleep."

Seunghyun nodded sympathetically and pulled Jiyong from the door into the apartment, reaching out his other hand to pull his suitcase in too. "It's okay. How about we get you out of these clothes and into the shower while I make you something to eat?"

"No you don't have to do that, I'm not hungry. Besides, it's your birthday. I should be serving you," Jiyong said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. He laughed as he pulled a shocked Seunghyun through the house and into the bedroom. "Let me give you your birthday present first."