Four Days

GTOP One-Shot Collection

There was a scowl on Jiyong’s face as he saw his hyung walking around talking to all the pretty girls in the room. They were having an after party after one of their concerts in Japan, and Jiyong just wanted to go home and sleep. He was tired from their concert. But instead, he had to sit here and watch the person he loves talking and smiling and laughing with the girls in the party. Jiyong heaved a long sigh and forced himself to look away. Who was he kidding? As far as he knew, his hyung was straight. Seunghyun will never think of him as more than a friend and dongsaeng.

Taking the last gulp from his beer, he looked around to find his manager and tell him that he wanted to go back to the hotel. He couldn’t stay here anymore.

 

 

*

 

Seunghyun watched Jiyong leave the party with sad eyes. He hated parties, always has. He was never comfortable being the center of attention. How he became an artist was beyond him. But he was almost sure it had everything to do with the little man walking out of the party. His leader, his friend, his… everything.

Since the beginning of the party, he has been trying to make his way toward Jiyong, but he would always get stopped by some person or other. Being the gentleman that he is, he pauses to smile and make small talk. The second he was finally able to get away from the clutches of some Japanese model, he saw Jiyong leaving the venue.

Just as he was about to go after him, he hears a voice from behind him calling his name. He tries not to look annoyed when he sees the maknae coming up to him, looking excited.

“Hyung! Seunghyun hyung!” Seungri shouted through the crowd making his way towards his eldest hyung.

Seunghyun turned towards him with his arms crossed at his chest and a scowl on his face.

“What do you want, maknae?” Seunghyun hisses between clenched teeth.

Seungri, completely oblivious to his hyung’s anger, smiles drunkenly at Seunghyun, and leans forward to Seunghyun’s ears and says, “Hyung, who was that hot model you were talking to? Can you introduce me? Pretty please?”

At this point Seunghyun is seething with annoyance. He couldn’t believe he was stopped by the maknae for that. But he shouldn’t have expected anything else from Seungri. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, he replies, “I don’t know, maknae, and to be honest I don’t really care.”

With one last glare towards Seungri, Seunghyun made his way to a corner where no one can find him, and decided to hide himself there until the end of the party. It was going to be a long night.

 

*

The next day, they were all supposed to be up early to catch a flight back to Seoul. Jiyong refused to go, saying that he would rather sleep here at the hotel than go to Seoul. He was going to be back after four days anyway. And he had these four days off. He planned to spend them sleeping in and ordering room service. And try not to think about a certain hyung.

After a few calls to President Yang, he was allowed to stay. So he crawled back into his bed and drifted off to sleep. After what seemed like only five minutes since he closed his eyes, a loud bang awoke him. Jiyong sat up, his eyes wide, and his head turning left and right, trying to identify the source of the sound. As his eyes were going back and forth, scanning the room, they fell on…

Jiyong’s eyes went wide for a fraction of a second. He could hardly believe what he was seeing.

Seunghyun hyung? What is he doing here? Am I dreaming?

Jiyong rubbed his eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them, thinking that the sight he was seeing was just a fragment of his imagination. Nope. Seunghyun was still there.

“Hyung…?”

“Yo,” Seunghyun replied, with a smirk on his face.

“Hyung, why are you still here? I thought you guys were halfway to Seoul by now,” Jiyong said looking at the clock next to him and realizing it’s been almost three hours since he slept.

“Yeah, the others are. But I came back,” Seunghyun says with a wide smile.

“Why are you back?”

“Because as your hyung, it’s my duty to look after you. I can’t just leave you here alone can I?”

Jiyong could hardly believe his ears. He stayed behind to forget the same man that was standing in front of him right now. He scrubbed his face in frustration. When he looked up again, he noticed something he didn’t notice earlier. Seunghyun’s bags were on the ground next to him. Jiyong looked up at his hyung, horror written all over his face.

“Why are your bags here?” Jiyong asked, cautiously, hoping against hope that what he thought wasn’t true.

“Oh, these? Yeah, I forgot to tell you. We’re roomies. Yaay!” his hyung replied, looking triumphant.

How he was going to get through four days, trapped in this hotel room with his hyung, Jiyong did not know. He couldn’t control himself that long. This was no way this was going to end well.

 

*

 

“Ji, c’mon… Let’s go out to eat,” Seunghyun pleaded to the lump beneath the covers.

“I said I want to sleep hyung,” came the muffled reply.

Seunghyun sighed. He knew that Jiyong can be stubborn as hell sometimes, but this is the first time he’s seen him this stubborn.

“So you’re telling me that you just want to sleep in all day. It’s still five o’clock. We have the entire night ahead of us.”

“You can go if you want to, but I’m staying in,” Jiyong replied.

Seunghyun sighed again. This was going to be more difficult than he thought it would. He just wanted to spend some alone time with Jiyong without having Seungri or another member of Big Bang barging in on them.

“Ok fine,” Seunghyun said, “I think I’ll just go watch TV.”

Jiyong heard a sadness in his hyung’s voice and started to feel bad. He didn’t know why he was acting like this. He has always wanted this; being alone with Seunghyun without being interrupted. But here he was acting out, and replying harshly to his hyung.

Slowly, he raised his head from under the covers. He saw that his hyung had left the room already. He heard the TV turning on. He decided to enjoy these few days they have, even it was only going to make it harder for him to forget about his feeling for Seunghyun.

He got off the bed and walked, barefoot, towards the living room of the suite they were staying in.

“What do you want for dinner hyung?” he asked. The elder literally jumped out of his skin at the sound. He didn’t hear him coming. He looked up and saw Jiyong standing next to the couch wringing his hands.

“Oh my god, Jiyong,” Seunghyun said, with a hand to his heart, chest heaving from fear. “You scared me. When did you come here? I thought you wanted to sleep,” he said squinting his eyes, suddenly suspicious of Jiyong’s sudden change of heart.

“Yeah, I felt kind of bad about treating you like that,” Jiyong mumbled with his head facing the ground. “Sorry,” he said in a barely audible voice. He felt ashamed at his actions to the point he couldn’t look his hyung in the eyes.

Suddenly there were soft fingers beneath his chin, lifting his head up, and he found himself looking into Seunghyun’s deep dark eyes. Eyes that you can lose yourself in. Jiyong felt his heart skip several beats. He has never been this close to Seunghyun before. The thought itself would make his heart beat erratically. Now that it’s a reality, his heart almost stopped. He can feel his face start to heat up.

No! No he cannot blush in front of Seunghyun like a teenage schoolgirl in front of her crush (although this was a similar situation but still—NO!).

“What did you say? I couldn’t hear you. You have to speak louder Jiyong,” Seunghyun said, his voice barely louder than a whisper. Jiyong barely heard him over the sound of blood rushing in his ears.

“I… um… I… I just asked you what you wanted for dinner, hyung,” Jiyong said, his voice trembling. Oh my god this was embarrassing.

Seunghyun let out a soft chuckle (even though Jiyong couldn’t see anything funny in this situation) and let his hand under Jiyong’s chin drop to his side. He went back to sit on the couch, looking nonchalant.

“Anything is fine,” he said, looking back at the TV.

Jiyong sometimes envied Seunghyun on how cool and collected he seemed to be. He distracted himself from the tingling feeling under his chin from where Seunghyun had held him by ordering them dinner.

Nothing eventful happened that night. After dinner, they sat down and watched TV, with Jiyong falling asleep a couple of hours later on Seunghyun’s shoulder.

The next morning, Jiyong woke up and found a still sleeping Seunghyun next to him. He took a moment to admire the beauty that was Seunghyun. His eyes, his cheekbones, and finally he came to the lips. Ever since the Secret Garden parody, Jiyong wanted to kiss his hyung even more. He could still remember the feel of those lips against his, even if it was brief. What would Seunghyun do if Jiyong kissed him again? Would he freak out or—

“What are you looking at?” Seunghyun asked, his lips curling upward in a smirk.

Jiyong, startled that he was caught looking at his hyung’s lips, turned around and got off the bed without a single word and headed to the bathroom. He looked up at his reflection in the mirror and saw that his face, neck, and even his ears were red.

Act normal, Jiyong. He’s just Seunghyun. The goofy hyung. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

After the small pep talk, and a cold shower to cool himself down, he got out of the bathroom with only a towel. He had forgotten to get some change in his haste to flee from Seunghyun. As he walked to his bag to get some pants and a shirt to wear, he glanced up and saw Seunghyun looking at him, frozen in mid move on his way to the bathroom. Jiyong cleared his throat, to get his hyung’s attention. Seunghyun’s eyes snapped up at the sound and a blush started to creep slowly into his face. He picked a few items of clothing from his bag and bolted for the bathroom.

Jiyong was taken aback for a moment. Seunghyun… blushed? Why? He decided not think too much of it because he didn’t want to get his hopes and then have them crushed. He was going to act normal for the next two days. After eating breakfast, Seunghyun once again tried to coax Jiyong into leaving the room. No such luck. The usually stubborn leader was more stubborn than usual.

“I stayed here so I can sleep, hyung,” he told Seunghyun. “I really feel like I need to rest since I won’t get many off days after this.”

So they stayed in, watching dramas (with Jiyong getting teary in every one of them), playing games, or talking. But, true to his word, Jiyong spent most of the time sleeping.

 

*

 

Seunghyun, on the other hand, spent his time trying to think of the best moment to tell Jiyong that he liked him. He has liked the petit leader even before they became Big Bang, but he never had the guts to tell him. The opportunity came several times (during their GD&TOP promotions) but he was too chicken to go through with it. He was afraid that everything they built would come crumbling down if what he planned backfired. He was scared now as well, but he couldn’t hold any longer. He always wants more. Also, now he’s pretty sure that Jiyong likes him as well, if his constant blushing around Seunghyun was any clue.

The second and third days passed without much progress in Seunghyun’s plans. It was always the same, he would try to get Jiyong to leave his cave (and people said that he was the caveman… they should see Jiyong), but he would always refuse. Then they would watch TV and sleep. While they watched TV, Seunghyun would always try to move closer to Jiyong, but the second he got too close, Jiyong would always flee back to his bed and pretend to sleep.

On the last day, Seunghyun decided it was now or never. He has to make a move, or else he would never get another chance. Tomorrow the rest of Big Bang will arrive and they wouldn’t be alone. He has to seize the chance when it presented itself. Luckily, that chance was at dinner. They had ordered spaghetti (Jiyong’s favorite) and Jiyong was too busy gobbling down the Italian dish that he didn’t notice that sauce was dripping from his mouth to his chin.

This is it, my chance, Seunghyun thought. As Jiyong put his fork down, Seunghyun jumped forward and grabbed his hand. To say Jiyong looked surprised would be an understatement.

“What’s wrong hyung?” he asked, looking slightly confused at his hyung’s actions. For some reason, he could feel his heartbeats becoming faster than before.

Without saying anything, Seunghyun bent down kissed the trail of sauce, starting from the chin and moving upward towards the mouth. Jiyong gasped in shock. This was not what he was expecting. Before kissing Jiyong’s lips, Seunghyun paused to look Jiyong in the eyes. He could see the shock (he also saw a little bit of hope and that spurred him on even more) in his eyes.

“I like you, Jiyong,” Seunghyun mumbled against Jiyong’s lips. He could feel Jiyong shivering. Then he closed the gap between their lips.

Jiyong felt like he was flying. The only thing holding him down was the weight of Seunghyun’s hand on his. He had dreamed of kissing his hyung again, and this was a thousand times better than any of his dreams. It was a sweet kiss. It convayed to him what his hyung was feeling for him. He could feel his hyung’s love for him through that kiss.

Too soon, though, Seunghyun broke the kiss, looking at Jiyong to gauge his reaction. He was met with the most cute, adorable expression of swollen red lips and an even redder face.

He chuckled at his cute dongsaeng, and sat back down in his seat. After a moment, Jiyong came back down to planet earth. He was still surprised that his hyung felt the same way. But he still had to make sure.

“Do you… really like me hyung?” he asked nervously.

“Pabo… of course I do,” Seunghyun replied, a wide, adoring smile spreading on his face.

Jiyong’s blush got deeper.

 

*

 

Later that night, they were sitting in the couch, with Jiyong cuddled up in Seunghyun’s chest, and Seunghyun’s arm around his shoulder holding him close. There was a question on Seunghyun’s mind that he’s been meaning to ask Jiyong ever since he decided to stay behind four days ago, but it slipped his mind.

“Can I ask you something?” he asked Jiyong.

“Hmm.”

“Why did you leave early the day of the after party?”

He could feel Jiyong blushing against his chest, and a small smile tugged at his lips.

“I… I was jealous.”

“Jealous? Of what?” Seunghyun asked, kind of shocked at the answer.

“Jealous of all the girls that you were talking to. You were laughing and smiling at them, but you didn’t even look at me once the entire night,” Jiyong huffed, obviously still put out by what happened that night.

Seunghyun lifted Jiyong’s face so that he could look at him. He saw that the younger man was pouting, and he looked so freaking adorable that Seunghyun couldn’t stop himself. He leaned down and gave Jiyong a small peck on the mouth before grabbing his cheeks between his thumbs and index fingers.

“Oh my god, you’re so cute!”

“Ya! Hyung! Stop it!”

“Then stop being so cute.”

“Let go of my cheeks, hyung!”