Night Problems

GTOP One-Shot Collection

Seunghyun tossed and turned; buried his face in the pillow; placed his head under the pillow; nothing worked. Jiyong’s snoring still reached his ears and kept him from falling asleep.

Finally, he slid out of bed, grabbed one of the pillows and the quilt his mom made for him from the foot of the bed and headed to the living room to sleep on the couch. He was going to wake up sore, but at least he was going to sleep.

He fluffed up the pillow and then threw the quilt on top of him and settled in to sleep when he heard it; the sound of footsteps heading his way. He groaned internally.

“Hyung? Why are you sleeping on the couch? Is everything okay?” a sleepy Jiyong asked from the foot of the couch.

“Yeah everything is fine, sweetheart…” Seunghyun answered, trying to sound as sweet as possible.

“Then why are you here and not in bed?” Jiyong was still confused.

Seunghyun took a deep breath. Saying the real reason would be a mistake and would probably lead to a fight, and he didn’t want that. But at the same time, he needed to say it. He couldn’t lie to Jiyong.

“It’s just…your snoring…I couldn’t sleep…”

“My…snoring?” Jiyong parroted in disbelief. “I don’t snore!”

Here we go, Seunghyun thought. The fight is about to start.

“Just because you’re too asleep to hear yourself doesn’t mean you don’t snore, Jiyong. Why else would I leave the comfort of my own bed?”

Suddenly, Jiyong’s face fell and his eyes began to water. Oh , Seunghyun thought.

“Is it really that bad?” Jiyong asked, his voice shaking.

“N-no, but I—”

“WE’VE BEEN TOGETHER FOR TEN YEARS AND YOU STILL CAN’T GET USED TO MY ‘SNORING’? I’VE HAD TO DEAL WITH YOUR ICICLE TOES FOR ALL THESE YEARS. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ME COMPLAIN?”

Seunghyun’s mouth opened in shock. I was not expecting that!

But Jiyong wasn’t finished. He took a few deep breaths to calm himself. “Choi Seunghyun,” he said, chest heaving. “If you don’t get your back into bed in the next 30 seconds, I swear to god I will break every single chair in this house.”

“No! Not my chairs!”

“25 seconds!”

Seunghyun knew Jiyong wasn’t bluffing, so he picked himself up and dragged his feet to the bedroom, with Jiyong following closely behind.

They lied down on the bed and threw the covers over them. Jiyong draped himself over Seunghyun’s chest with his arms wrapped tightly around his waist.

“You didn’t have to threaten to destroy my furniture,” Seunghyun sulked, his lips pulled into an exaggerated pout.

“I had to get you back in bed somehow. You know I can’t sleep well if you’re not beside me,” Jiyong said, his voice slightly muffled.

“You should’ve just said that,” Seunghyun mumbled.

Jiyong pinched his side. “Stop sulking. We need to get some sleep. We have a photoshoot in the morning and then we’re meeting your family for dinner, remember?”

“Okay, fine.” Seunghyun surrendered and pulled Jiyong closer to him.

After a couple of minutes. “Are my toes really that cold?” Seunghyun wondered out loud.

“Shhhhhh! Go to sleep, hyung.”

“Fine, fine.”

Seunghyun started humming ‘Baby Goodnight’ which caused Jiyong to sigh in content and snuggle further in Seunghyun’s warmth.