Atom

GTOP One-Shot Collection

Discrption:

a saturday at the dorm after just us two eating 7 servings of food.

we couldnt sleep
so we started taking pictures.
this was a good idea
we clumped all the hair together and called ourselves ‘atom’
and we laughed like crazy.

 


 

Jiyong hugged the pillow closer to his tiny frame. He was feeling sad, for no apparent reason. They had the day off from the brutal training Yang had been putting them through and the rest of the members decided to go out and celebrate. Except him. He just didn't feel like it. He made some lame excuse about being tired and that he'd rather sleep on his day off than go out and they seemed to accept it. As soon as they left, he sauntered back to his room, some sappy, sad song, laid on his bed and hugged his pillow.

He didn't know how much time passed, he just listened to sad song after sad song, holding back the tears that were threatening to flow from his eyes. It was just one of those days where you just wanted to sit down and cry. But he was too old to cry, he shouldn't cry. So he held it in.

He was too enveloped in this feeling that he never noticed the front door open and close, or heard footsteps moving through the small apartment towards his room, or the figure that leaned on the door frame, looking at him with a sad smile.

"Hey," a deep voice sounded and Jiyong all but jumped.

"Hyung!" he exclaimed. A few stray tears came out and Jiyong rubbed them away quickly, and sat up, looking at the tall figure leaning against the door frame. "I thought you guys went out to eat. Why'd you comeback so quickly?"

Seunghyun made his way over and sat on the bed next to Jiyong. "Oh the others are still out. They wanted to go to the amusement park first, and I wasn't in the mood, so I thought about coming and grabbing dinner with you."

"I'm not really hungry hyung," Jiyong murmured, his fingers picking at the frayed hem of his worn out hoodie. "You should just go eat."

Seunghyun frowned. "Do you think I came all the way back here for you to blow me off? No. So get up, change out of those pajamas, splash some water on your face, and let's go out."

"I just don't feel like going out," Jiyong whined.

"C'mon. It'll be my treat," Seunghyun prodded.

"I don't wanna~~"

Jiyong looked on the verge of crying again so Seunghyun decided not to force him into anything. So he just nodded, wrapped his arm around his shoulder and pulled him in for a brief hug. Jiyong closed his eyes and leaned into the embrace. This is what he wanted, what he needed.

Then Seunghyun pulled away, and Jiyong was left feeling cold and bare. He opened his eyes and looked up to see Seunghyun walking out into the tiny living room. He got up and followed him. His hyung was putting on his shoes. "Where are you going?" Jiyong asked, disappointment seeping into his voice.

"Getting dinner," Seunghyun replied briefly, then stepped out the door, leaving Jiyong feeling more alone and sad than he was an hour ago.


 

***


 

The apartment was quiet when Seunghyun returned half an hour later. He deposited the bags he was carrying on the small dining table and went back to Jiyong's room and found him curled up in the same position he found him in earlier.

"Are you still moping?" he asked.

Jiyong barely lifted his head up this time. "Did you eat dinner?" he asked, his voice muffled by the pillow his face was buried in.

"No," Seunghyun answered. "But I did get dinner for the both of us." Jiyong looked up then, surprise taking over his features. "Why are you so surprised?" Seunghyun asked, mocking offense. "Did you really think I would eat and leave you here to starve?"

"I...I..." Jiyong stammered.

"Don't." Seunghyun walked up to him and pulled him off the bed and pushed him towards the bathroom. Jiyong went easily enough. He was feeling a bit better now that Seunghyun came back for him. "Now," Seunghyun started. "You're going to take a shower and get dressed in something other than those pajamas while I get dinner ready."

"You're going to cook?!" Jiyong blurted.

"No, silly!" Seunghyun laughed. "I'm just gonna put the food I got on plates. Now go."


 

***


 

Jiyong stepped out of the bathroom freshly showered and a delicious smell attacked him. His stomach growled from hunger as he let his nose guide him to the kitchen where Seunghyun was setting the last plate on the table.

"Are we going to wait for the others?" he asks.

"Nope! Come on. Sit down."

Jiyong looked skeptical as he pulled out a chair and sat down. "Are we going to eat all of this ourselves?"

"Yup!" Seunghyun exclaimed happily.

Jiyong looked at the insane amount of food laid out in front of him. The small dining table was literally groaning with the amount of food covering its surface. "Hyung....there's like...enough for all six of us to eat here," he said, slightly panicking at the thought of eating this much food.

"And there's also desert later!" Seunghyun added with a smile.

Jiyong groaned. "Seunghyunnie," Jiyong whined as he watched, warily, Seunghyun pick up a lettuce leaf and load it with rice, grilled meat, and a green pepper. "We can't eat all of this."

"We can. And we will." Seunghyun said as he wrapped the lettuce leaf into the shape of a small ball. "Say ah~"

"Hyung, I'm not a kid," Jiyong whined but opened his mouth anyway. Seunghyun popped the wrap into his mouth and smiled slightly at the way Jiyong had to use his fingers to push another it the rest of the way into his small mouth.

"No but you need to eat," he said as he finished another wrap and waited for Jiyong to finish chewing. "Open~"

Jiyong glared at his hyung but opened his mouth yet again to accept another wrap. When Seunghyun put yet a third wrap next to his lips, he stopped him. "Aren't you going to eat too?" he asked around a mouthful of food.

"I'm full just watching you eat," Seunghyun said.

"That's," Jiyong swallowed, "the most cheesiest thing you have ever said."

Seunghyun smirked. "You know you like it when I'm being cheesy."

Jiyong blushed slightly because is he really that obvious?

He just stuck out his tongue at Seunghyun before eating the third offered wrap. Then he went about making his own wrap for Seunghyun (adding garlic as well) and shyly offering it to him. Seunghyun clomped on it, biting Jiyong's fingers playfully in the process. Jiyong smacked his chest lightly then set about making another one.

They spent hours like this, feeding each other, talking, laughing. When the food was cleared from the plates--finally--Seunghyun brought out desert.

"Hyung," Jiyong whined. "My stomach is starting to hurt. I think we ate too much."

"That's why there's ice cream. It'll soothe your stomach and help you go to sleep much easier."

Jiyong looked at his hyung like he was insane. "Are you serious? The ice cream will only make your stomach hurt me more," he protested as he laid down on the bed, patting his full, now aching, belly.

"Don't you trust me?" Seunghyun asked.

"I do, but--"

"No buts. Either you do or you don't."

Jiyong sighed. "I do."

"Great! Now get up."

Sighing again, Jiyong sat up, crossing his legs, and took the bowl that Seunghyun offered. There were five scoops of ice cream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles. Jiyong looked at Seunghyun with his eyes wide. "I can't eat all of this!"

Seunghyun just shot him a look before picking up the spoon, taking a huge spoonful and stuffing it into Jiyong's mouth. He placed the spoon back in the mountain of ice cream. "Finish it."

Slowly but surely, they finished their ice cream. They laid down on the bed afterwards, their bellies too full for them to even think about moving. Their brains were slowly shutting down, and they were getting drowsy, but they still couldn't sleep. They just stayed there, laying side by side, talking about everything and nothing.

"Do you feel better now?" Seunghyun asked quietly.

Jiyong nodded silently, extending his hand out to touch Seunghyun's in gratitude. Seunghyun turned his head to look at him, a huge, proud smile on his face.

Jiyong tried to stop the blush that started creeping up his cheeks but failed. Seunghyun brought up his free hand and lightly traced Jiyong's cheek. "You're so cute, you know that," he teased.

Jiyong's blush deepened. He looked up at his hyung, then started laughing. "And you look like Atom!" he shrieked happily, laughing until there were tears in his eyes.

Seunghyun looked at him, confused. "Atom?"

"Yeah," Jiyong answered. "You know, from Mighty Atom?"

Seunghyun still didn't understand. So Jiyong reached into his pocket to get his phone (because he was too lazy to get up and get a mirror) and opened the front facing camera. "Look!" he squealed, falling into another fit of laughter.

Seunghyun's fringe was gathered in the center of his forehead. He really did look like Atom. He laughed then started making weird faces; frowning, raising his eyebrows one at a time, basically being silly. And all Jiyong could do was laugh until his stomach hurt.

Then Seunghyun threw away the phone and tackled Jiyong, tickling him, then attacking his hair, bringing most of it to the front and gathering it all in the center. "Now we both look like Atom."

Jiyong giggled. "Let me see!"

Seunghyun looked around only to find that Jiyong's phone was on the floor several feet away. Too lazy to reach out for it, he took out his own phone and opened the camera. They both laughed at how ridiculous they look, then Seunghyun started taking pictures. Jiyong fixed the elder's hair to look more 'Atom-like' and Seunghyun kept snapping away.

 


 

p.s

atom is Astro Boy (in case you didn't know, although I think it's pretty obvious LOL)