Talking Through Texts

A Vacation Relation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris

I really don’t know how to explain what I feel right now after reading those few journal entries. Shocked? Angry? I don’t know. All I knew that if I wanted to win her heart, I’d have to go through a lot to prove it to her. And that was a challenge I was willing to accept.

I slid the diary under the pillow and ran a hand through my hair. I suddenly jumped when the phone vibrated and I picked it up. My eyes widened to see who it was, yet a grin curved on my face.

From: Sariah

I listened to the song.

Five words but I was grateful that she actually replied. Laying back down I typed back.

To: Sariah

What’d you think?

As it sent, I lay there staring patiently at the screen. It vibrated again and I swore my heart skipped a beat again.

From: Sariah

It was okay.

Okay?

To: Sariah

Okay? That’s all.

Minutes passed then she responded.

From: Sariah.

What do you want me to say?

I sighed. This girl is really difficult. Before I could reply another text popped up.

From: Sariah.

Fine, it was good, geez, I liked it.

A smile flashed across my face and I opened up the tab to type, only to freeze on the spot. What should I reply? Should I take that as a sign to ask her out? Not over texts, that’s just lame. Oh! Suho said something about having dinner with them on Saturday.

To: Sariah.

Glad you do. See you Saturday.

 

From: Sariah

Saturday?Eh?

 

To: Sariah

We’re having dinner remember? All twenty of us?

 

From: Sariah

Why doesn’t anyone ever tell me anything? ( '_' )

 

To: Sariah

Do you even listen to when we planned this?

 

From: Sariah

Listen, probably. Pay attention, no. It’s like information goes through one ear and comes out the next.

I began laughing but was cut off when I looked up to see Xiumin staring at me.

“Who you talking to?” he questioned.

“None of your business,” I responded with a smirk.

“I see, it’s Sariah isn’t it?”

“How the hell did you know that?” I enquired with a baffled look on my face.

“Cuz I’m talking to her right now too,” he grinned, “I wonder how she didn’t know that we were going out Saturday?”

“Yah! How did you get her number?!” I questioned, leaping off from the bed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter