This Means War

A Vacation Relation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11- This Means War

Sariah

The all stared at her wide eyed and I chuckled at their expressions. The two walked back out with medium sized plastic water guns and the guys exhaled in relief.

“You all didn’t really think it was going to be actual guns right?” I asked with an eyebrow raised.

“O-of course not,” Baekhyun chuckled uneasily.

Lie better dude.

“So what are we going to have, water gun war?” Xiumin mumbled.

“Yup,” I grinned, taking a gun and filling it up.

“Keana-Lee, did you bring the food coloring?” Talia called.

“Yup, red, blue, green and purple of course,” she stated, revealing the bottles of colored liquid.

“Why do you guys have water guns anyways?” Suho asked, helping us fill the guns we had.

“I had them for whenever my nieces and nephews visited,” Alex responded.

After the guns were filled, I counted 20 of us.

“So five on a team? 2 girls and 3 guys?” I suggested.

“Umm, sure, let’s go with that,” they responded.

“So we need four leaders,” Emily spoke.

“Chérie, you be one, you’re awesome at this,” Alex stated.

“Umm, okay,” I obliged; standing away from the rest so there would be a distinction.

“What did you call her?” Kris asked, unsure of what he heard.

“Chérie, it’s French for dearest,” she responded as she threw me on of the guns.

“Amanda, you’re pretty good at this too, you’ll be a leader,” I suggested and she delightedly accepted.

“Pick two guys to be the other two leaders,” I told the other group.

“D.O?” someone suggested and the boy looked up with innocent round eyes on hearing his name. “Me? How bout Kai?” he refused.

“Okay,” Kai accepted, picking up one of the guns.

“And….”

“Pick me!” Tao shouted, waving his hands wildly.

“Lay how bout you?” Sehun suggested, ignoring Tao completely.

“Sure,” Lay shrugged, taking a gun.

“You’ll pay for this!” Tao berated, “I’m coming for you first maknae,” he threatened.

Sehun smirked widely at Tao and we began picking team members.

I started picking first followed by Amanda, Kai and finally Lay.

Basically, we ended up with our teams consisting of:

Team Sariah: Xiumin, Luhan, Keana-Lee and unfortunately Kris.

Team Amanda: Chanyeol, Chen, Leah and Suho.

Team Kai: Talia, Baekhyun, D.O and Emily.

Team Lay: Alex, Sehun, Tao and Alyssa.

The rules were simple and easy: You get sprayed with water and you have to drop where you are and play dead until the game was over. The coloring was to make sure that you were truly hit, kind of like paintball. Whoever is the last one standing, their team wins.

“Can we place a bet on this?” I asked eagerly.

“NO!” Alex and Emily protested.

“Why?” I complained.

“Because you always win,” they retorted and I laughed.

“Damn right I always win, like I’m about to do,” I smirked.

“Don’t get your hopes too high and get your head stuck up in the sky,” Amanda stated and I gestured a finger on the lip meaning to shut up.

“So every team spread out at the four corners of the land and check the time to see when it’s 2:20. Then we start,” I announced and we immediately spread out to various corners.

I led my team to the front left hand corner where my room was located upstairs because I had my game plan already set. The enormous tree right out my window was going to be the perfect stakeout. We weren’t going to run about like a wild goose chase but we were going to kill anything that stepped in our path.

We all ascended the tree except for one. Luhan.

“Get up here now Deer!” I shouted from the highest branch possible.

“I am not coming all the way up there Sariah!” he shouted back, well tried to whisper.

I let out a frustrated groan as I stared at him wide eyed, giving him a deadly look.

“He has a fear of heights,” Xiumin explained.

“Don’t we all? Look pretty,” I called back to Luhan who turned furious at the nickname, “We all have fears. The way I look at life is if you’re meant to die now, that’s what fate wants. And it’s not like you’ll die falling off the tree, unless you’re really fragile,” I shrugged.

“That’s kind of harsh don’t you think?” Kris spoke.

“You want to see harsh?” I dared, shooting him the same look I gave Luhan.

“Not particularly,” he swallowed.

“Trust me Kris, you don’t want to see her idea of harsh,” Keana-Lee stated, fixing herself on a branch.

“Luhan, do you want me to help you up?” she offered in a comforting tone.

He looked at her and bit his lip as he heard a whistle, initiating the game. Quickly, he nodded and soon enough all five of us were secured in different parts of the tree, watching out for our ‘prey’.

                                                                    ~o0o~

“So what’s our plan?” Suho asked Amanda who scanned the place with her eyes.

“Run like hell and shoot whatever moves,” she stated smoothly, checking the gun to see if it worked properly.

“Some plan, Amanda,” Leah remarked with sarcasm dripping in her words.

“You have a better one?” she asked and the other just shook her head.

“Don’t you think that’s heading straight for death?” Chen asked.

“Not unless you can run fast, like me,” she smirked.

“Oh well, we’ll put these long legs to the test,” Chanyeol grinned, stretching his legs.

                                                                  ~o0o~

“Oh dear God I’m so damn scared,” Talia spoke, unable to stop fidgeting.

“Scared for what, it’s not real war ya know,” Kai assured.

“When you’re playing with freaking Sariah it is,” she retorted.

“Ah, she don’t scare me,” Emily waved off.

“You’re her drinking partner, she lets you off easily. She always purposely intimidates me.”

“Drinking partner?” D.O asked with wide eyes turning to Emily who simply grinned.

“So we’re just going to stick together throughout the game?” Baekhyun asked changing the topic.

“Basically,” Kai replied, only doing the said plan for one reason as he glanced at Talia.

                                                                  ~o0o~

“So pair up,” Lay commanded and Tao looked at Alyssa who stood next to him.

She gave him a smile, confirming the partnership but Alex groaned when Sehun looked at her.

“Lay what about you?” Alex enquired, edging away from the blonde.

“I’m gonna take the lead in front so you guys would know beforehand if there’s an attack,” he explained.

“Such a good leader,” Alyssa genuinely stated. “But what if they come from anywhere else?”

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you,” Tao stated at the shorter girl with a wink and she smiled at him.

“I’ll protect you too, don’t worry,” Sehun spoke, wrapping an arm around Alex’s shoulder.

“More like the other way around,” she responded, lifting his hand off her shoulder and dropping it.

Sariah

First person down: Suho by the hands of myself. Tsk. Amanda used her same plan again. This girl needs to know how to make a new game plan. He came running to the tree and as soon as I spotted him, I fired and he looked up in surprise then dropped flat on the ground when he saw us. I grinned evilly at him and waited for others to pass.

“You’re too damn evil Sariah,” Kris remarked.

“I’m sorry do you want to be next?” I retorted, pointing the gun at him.

“You didn’t let me finish,” he continued. “I like it,” he winked.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the ground. There, I spotted a certain group near to us. And a certain person who always makes me laugh at her reaction when I’m about to eliminate her.

                                                                   ~o0o~

“Stop!” Kai whispered, raising his hand to signal the group to halt.

Talia, who was trailing closely behind him, stumbled into his back at his sudden halt.

“Yah, don’t stop right in front of me,” she complained, rubbing her nose.

“Sorry cutie,” he briefly apologized.

“What’d we stop for?” Baekhyun asked.

“Something tells me we’re being watched,” he mumbled, looking around.

He looked at a far wall behind them and spotted just in time, a flash of blonde hair swiftly pulled back.

“There!” he pointed, not shouting too loud.

The same instant, D.O leaped in front of Emily only to receive a spray of water and drop on the ground. Emily turned to the culprit and reacted by giving them a taste of their own medicine and reluctantly, Alyssa ended up on the ground also. She rushed over to D.O and stared wide eyed at the ‘dead’ guy.

“D.O? It’s happening now?” she whispered.

He opened his eyes and shot her a confused look.

“What’s happening now?” he asked.

“Run Emily!” Baekhyun screeched, running past the two with Tao hot on his heels.

The said girl didn’t get up in time and was shot by the blonde.

“That was for Alyssa,” he sneered then continued after Baekhyun.

Emily sighed and faked a death, lying on the grass next to D.O.

“So what now, we just lie here until the game’s over?” she asked, turning to him.

“Maybe that won’t be so bad after all,” he smiled at her.

“Wait a minute, where’s Kai and Talia?”

Sariah

I watched as Kai and Talia ran under the tree, totally oblivious that we were here. I smirked on seeing new targets then looked over to my teammates. Using my own type of sign language, I signaled everyone to not harm Talia because I wanted to be the one to torment her first.

“Go for Kai,” I mouthed to Luhan, and so he did.

Carefully, he climbed down the tree to a spot where the two wouldn’t see him but he could see them.

Talia immediately yelped when Kai dropped on the ground next to her. Her cheek turned red when she saw the Kai’s white shirt stuck to his skin, slightly showing his toned abs. Then realization dawned on her that she was alone and surrounded by Luhan and Keana-Lee and she became paralyzed with trepidation.

“LuLee, you guys wouldn’t hurt me right,” she tried to lighten the atmosphere.

“LuLee?” Luhan asked puzzled then realized what she meant.

“No actually, I would unless you want Sariah to do it because she’s the one who sent me,” Keana-Lee smirked.

“Luhan, don’t let her-”

She winced when she felt herself being sprayed by the two people. She stuck out her tongue at them and dropped next to Kai, who really looked like he died.

“Talk about LuLee team work,” Luhan chuckled as he high-fived Keana-Lee.

                                                                  ~o0o~

As Amanda told them, Chanyeol was running around the house like a mad person shooting everything that moved. So far it was actually working for him because he had taken out Lay, someone he thought would be hard to eliminate.

He stopped as soon as he e corner because he had just witnessed a ‘death.’

The victim was not on his team but he was still going to get revenge since the person eliminated his good friend.

“Bacon!” he yelled as he ran out from around the corner and sprayed a surprised Tao.

“You damn ambush!” Tao yelled and dropped next to Baekhyun. He watched Chanyeol weirdly as the boy sprinted off.

                                                                     ~o0o~

“Oh my God, a whole team is down already,” Leah remarked to Chen who had been keeping a good eye out.

They had made the entire round around the house and noted that all of Kai’s team was wiped out. They were lucky to have escaped some sprays as their legs carried them as fast as they could, away from the attackers.

Leah lay on the grass, out of tiredness after running so much, but Chen just chuckled at her, holding his knees as he panted.

Suddenly even he dropped to the floor and played dead and she realized when she saw both Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter