To Korea We Go

A Vacation Relation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Sariah!"

My head whipped around, hair flying, to the source of the loud, excited voices. On seeing the sources I almost dropped my luggage from both hands and my plane ticket almost fell out of my mouth. Before I knew it, I was bombarded with hugs so tightly that my tall, lean stature was almost crushed by seven of my best friends.

"Unnie! I missed you!" Talia cried as she held my shoulders.

"Shorty I told you I don't like to be called that and I don't even know what it means," I said after catching my breath.

"Well get used to it Sariah Unnie because we're going to have to speak that language," Alyssa stated.

"Remind me again why we chose to go Korea instead of France as we originally planned," I replied with a sigh.

"Tell me about it," Amanda chortled in agreement.

"Well for one, not all of us speak French and Spanish and another, we're going to meet Alex since she practically lives in Korea," Emily reminded.

"Riight..." I trailed.        

"Hey, at least we're finally back together like we planned," Keana-Lee and Leah assured.

It was true though. Since high school we were planning to go on a trip together after college. Initially, we planned to go France but since Alex, our best friend, went on the course of becoming a translator, she moved to Korea to study there. One of the reasons I actually complied to go Korea with them was because I'm a writer and I was planning to begin a new book but I needed inspiration so I thought that experiencing new things might have helped me. Another reason was because I had no family. The only ones that I could really say I have are my seven friends who were more like sisters to me.

For the past year I had been living alone in an apartment which I barely even lived in. Most of the time I would be out and I literally brought all my stuff from home to this trip because I really didn't know what exactly I would need.

My friends and I were really close. We were the intelligent group in high school but definitely not nerdy and we always had a thing for languages. While Leah and I had a passion for Spanish and French, Talia, Emily and Alyssa learnt Korean, Chinese and Japanese. Leah also learnt Chinese but only Mandarin. Keana-Lee was also on the path to becoming a translator so she knew what all of us knew combined. Amanda knew almost every language you could name but she just did it for 'fun'. And Alex, basically the same as Amanda.

They decided to learn those languages under the influence of some kind of music they listen to. Umm, what do they call it again??? Something with pop- Oh! K-pop I think! Something like that. They always tried to get Amanda and me to listen to it but till this day, I'm not sure about Amanda but I don't have anything to do with it.

As we boarded the plane, I found my seat and sat down. Thank God it was a window seat because somehow, I have a thing for nature. Everything seems to have a story behind it, may it be as small as a raindrop or as large as a tree, blossoming beautifully in the spring. Coincidentally it was spring which is my favorite time of the year. I plugged on my headphones and gazed out the window, hoping to make the best of this long vacation.

 

As the driver sent pulled up at the gate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter