The Seventh Letter

Red Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     "Come get your fresh fish cake! Only 1000 won!" it smelt of fried food-- the usual at the open market. But this time, everything was extra fried and extra warm. It smelled good, definitely like an open market, but it almost overwhelmed Alice a bit. She never went to the market by herself, but that day--
     "Whoa! Alice! Look at how big that fish is!" she was with Jackson, who had dragged her there after he suddenly saw the market while the two were on their way to visit Mark again. It was late in the day, around five o'clock, and neither Jackson or Alice had eaten dinner. Alice, already being very small and not having a big appetite, didn't feel like eating. Jackson felt as if he could eat three hamburgers and still be hungry.
     "You've never seen a big fish before?" Alice asked, amazed at the things that caught Jackson's interest.
     "Pft, I have. When I was really little, though," Jackson replied, "Look at those squids!" He began pointing at the large tanks of squids that were placed near the large fishes of the seafood market. Next to the tanks was a door that led into the back of the shop for the employees. Abruptly, as Jackson was amazed over the large squids, someone walked out from the door, startling both Alice and Jackson.
     "Ah, Jinyoung?" Alice blinked her eyes at the boy. His surprised expression softened when he realized that it was Alice.
     "Oh. It's you Alice," Jinyoung smiled, surprised to see her there at his grandmother's seafood market.
     From out of the blue, another boy came through the door, following Jinyoung.
     "Jaebum!?" Alice exclaimed as she saw the boy, who was just as surprised as she was.
     "Oh, Alice! This is weird," Jaebum chuckled, looking at the surprised faces everyone was wearing. Alice and Jackson both nodded, mouths hanging open.        "I see. You're helping out Jinyoung's grandmother," Alice nodded her head, trying her best to focus her attention on Jinyoung and Jaebum, not the obnoxious boy next to her who was loudly chewing on a vegetable pancake. Alice shot Jackson a dark look and he did the same, only to give in to Alice's death stare and chew quieter after holding her stare for more than 5 seconds.
     "Yep. My grandma seems like she can handle it on her own though," Jinyoung smiled as he looked to see his old grandma handling and selling fish, "Jaebum's a childhood friend of mine so he wanted to help, too. I was surprised to find out that you knew him, too, Alice."
     The girl breathed out a sigh, "Same here," she laughed.
      "I didn't know you had close ties to Jackson Wang, either," Jaebum chuckled, using his head to motion over to Jackson.
     Jackson, who was silent through the whole conversation after the four had found a small table to sit at, suddenly straightened his back, already finished with his pancake. He didn't say anything, only biting the inside of his cheek and looking around like a child.       "I didn't know you knew Im Jaebum, Alice," Jackson haughtily whispered. Judging by his tone, Alice figured that Jackson didn't think of Jaebum too fondly.
     "Oh, do you guys know each other already?" Alice asked. What else did she not know?
     "Yeah. We know each other real well," Jackson sneered. Jaebum just smirked. Jinyoung probably knew something. So Alice was the only one who didn't get the memo.       "Alright," Alice nodded, very confused by the sudden situation.       "Are you guys going out?" Jaebum suddenly asked, smiling from ear to ear. Alice was taken aback, and even Jinyoung had a look of surprise on his face.       "No-" Alice began, but was cut off when Jackson abruptly looped his arm under hers.      "No, but she's not someone just anyone can have so easily, Jaebum," Jackson replied, almost growling. Looking like her eyes were to pop out of her sockets, Alice couldn't even move. She had never been so close to Jackson before. Romantic feelings for him didn't exist in her, but she couldn't help but feel her cheeks flush.      "Jackson, you're too close," Alice huffed, pushing the boy off of her. Looking very confused, Alice looked to Jaebum for help. In turn, he furrowed his eyebrows at Jackson, who let go, shaking his head in disbelief. 
     "Maybe you guys should just let the whole thing go? I mean, it was accident of course. You guys are both good dancers," Jinyoung sighed with exasperation. Both Jackson and Jaebum looked away. Neither Alice or Jinyoung knew what to do, but Alice knew that she wanted to take Jackson to the ICU so she could get some answers out of him. Also, she felt like visiting Mark and just relaxing in th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter