The Third Letter

Red Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     Alice wasn't looking as she was walking down the hallway. She was thinking about what she had read in the second letter the day before. Also, she was thinking about when to start studying for the test that would give her a degree in Human Biology if she passed.
     So when she ran into the two younger boys who also weren't looking as they were walking down the hall, it caused a flurry of white papers to go everywhere.
     "Hey! Watch where you're--" the angered voice of one of the boys stopped when he laid eyes on on the frail and pretty girl in front of him, "Oh, um, are you okay?" This boy was taller than Alice and had very straight black hair. His shoulders were broad and the boy next to him was almost the same, except his hair was a tinted pinkish-red.
     "Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine. But the papers--" Alice caught one of them as it was still drifting through the air, "they're all mixed up."
    
     The three young adults went to a nearby sandwich cafe, which Alice had firmly recommended so she could treat them to free sandwiches and coffee. She felt bad for the whole mess and the time it took to sort through whose notes were whose and for all the stares from the younger kids who were passing by and laughing.
     The sandwiches were pretty cheap but nicely made at the cafe. The coffee was inexpensive, too, and that's why Alice chose the place.
     "I'm really sorry for everything. Are you guys hungry? I'll treat, don't worry," Alice worriedly told the two boys, who had very gracious looks on their faces.
     "We're not hungry, but coffee sounds good right now," the black haired boy smiled, looking at Alice fondly.
      "Coffee? What kind?" Alice turned around to look at the menu and then glanced back at the two boys.
      "Two macchiatos," the other boy replied. Alice nodded her head and told the cashier the order. The two simple cups of coffee were quickly given out and the three decided to sit down.
     The black haired boy stood up suddenly,
     "I'll be right back," he told the two and he walked off to the front of the cafe. In the mean time, Alice and the other boy decided to get acquainted .
      "I'm Yugyeom," the boy said smiling at the girl across from him.
      "I'm Alice," the girl replied respectfully bowing her head. Yugyeom did the same.
     "Alice? Are you foreign?" Yugyeom asked with all curiosity. Alice shook her head.
     "No, I've been here all my life," Alice replied.
     "Oh, so you were born in this town then?"
      Alice tried to think, "Um, no. Not exactly, but--"
      "Hey, sorry to keep you guys waiting," the black haired boy came back to the table and slid into his seat next to Yugyeom.
       "Oh, it's fine. I was just having a lovely conversation with Alice, here," Yugyeom eyed he other boy in a way Alice didn't understand. The other boy just smirked and shook his head a bit.
    "Hi, I'm Jaebum," the boy introduced himself and Alice bowed her head in reply again,
     "I'm Alice," the girl smiled. Jaebum bowed his head as well.      After a short introduction between the three, Jaebum started an actual conversation.      "How old are you, Alice?" he asked, stirring his coffee with a plastic straw.
     "I' m 21," Alice replied. Jaebum and Yugyeom raised their eyebrows in surprise.      "Wow, I thought you were like 17 or 18," Jaebum shook his head, a look of amusement on his face. Alice just smiled, a bit awkwardly at that.      "Yugyeom is 17," Jaebum added. Alice's mouth opened in shock. 17? The boy was taller than her by a good five inches, but he was younger than her by four years.      "What? He's 17? No way," Alice shook her head in disbelief.
     "Yeah," Yugyeom smiled modestly in response, "I know I don't look it," he laughed warmly even though he's probably heard the same thing from everyone about a hundred times.
      "No kidding. And you're already taking college level classes at the prep school?" Alice inquired, amazed at the younger boy.
        "Yeah, I'm studying business and stuff. My dad wants me to take over his banking company," Yugyeom replied, almost looking a bit unhappy at the fact that he had to take over his father's company.
     "Ah, that's cool! Wow, you're so young... I can't believe it," Alice just marveled at the boy and praised him, and in response, Yugyeom began to
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter