Gazes

New Beginning

 

Lee Hongki’s POV:

                I was the last one to finish preparing and now everyone was gone already, leaving me alone in the dorm. I failed to find the shirt I wanted to wear in my closet so I went out to look for it in the others’ room just wearing my boxers like we usually do. I was on my way to check Jonghun’s room when I felt someone staring at me.

               

                “Oh !” I cursed under my breath when I noticed that Minjung almost seeing my “everything”. She was staring at me with utmost disbelief written on her face while I just tried to act cool with it. It was not like I was completely right?

                “Oh, you’re still here.” I said to her and she removed her gaze at me.

                “Can you please wear something?” She said softly but rather she sounded like she was pissed.

                “I am wearing something.” I replied to her looking at myself. I am not , just to make sure.

                “Aish!” She marched back on the kitchen and I ran back to my room and wore my pants. I was panting, out of breath and was completely shocked with what happened. I was walking to and fro my room, arguing in my head if I should go out now or what. I looked at my clock and I was going to be late if I don’t leave now but I was too shy to face her now. I can hear the ticking off the clock louder than my heart beat and that made me decide to go out now and pretend that it didn’t happen. I just wore whatever I found on my closet and breathed in and out to calm myself down. I slowly opened the door, taking a peek if she was still around, when I noticed that there were no signs of life, I went out. I was about to go out when I saw her about to leave the house too, both of us not saying a single word. We walked together but still not talking to each other. When we reached the elevator I tried to find my resolve of talking to her to make it less awkward when we see each other. I coughed out a little and tried to speak the words in my mind.

                “Minjung, you’re going to school now?” I managed to strike a conversation finally.

                “Yup.” She replied with a sarcastic tone, avoiding any eye contact with me. I didn’t dare to talk to her again since she seemed to be pissed about what happened earlier. The elevator door opened and the two of us stepped out and just bowed to each other and went our own separate ways. I just got out of the parking lot, driving my car when I spotted her walking. I stopped when I reached to her and rolled my windows down.

                “I’ll give you a ride..” I opened the door and she rolled her eyes at me.

                “I can walk, thank you.” She said and left and continued on her way, leaving me surprised with her “rejection.”

                “What is this girl?” I thought out loud and continued driving instead. I looked at my rear view mirror, watching the cranky little girl’s image and a few seconds later she stuck her tongue out to ME. Rather than being annoyed, I was amused with her actions. Looks fun to me.

 

Choi Jonghun’s POV:

                When I got home everyone was there already. Jaejin on his laptop, the maknaes watching tv and Hongki whining impatiently for the food.

                “I’m hungry. Where’s the food? Where’s the food? Where’s the fooooood?” He kept on complaining and I can tell he was starting to get into Minjung’s nerves.

                “Are you a guy? ‘Cause you don’t sound like one.” She hissed at Hongki. Looks like Hongki already got into her nerves all right.

                “Why? Still not contented with what you’ve seen this morning?” Hongki smirked and this made Minjung blushed and continued making dinner, accepting her defeat. This got me concerned because Hongki was bullying her on her first day. I went to Hongki and talked to him.

                “Do you want to eat instant ramen your whole life?” I threatened him.

                “No. Why?” He asked me with his innocent smile and I can’t help but smiled at his foolishness.

                “Ya, hyung what happened this morning? What were you talking about?” Minhwan suddenly butted in.

                “What did you do to her hyung? I know you’re..”

                “Ya! I didn’t do anything to her okay!” Seunghyun was cut off by Hongki.

                “What was it then?” Jaejin asked joining the conversation.

                “She just saw me in my boxers this morning that’s all.” Hongki replied coolly and we just shook our heads from disbelief.

                “Just wear something when she’s here. We don’t want to scare her off okay?” I reminded him.

                “Sure, sure” He said that but I was not buying it. I know very well that smile, Lee Hongki. In between the little commotion, the door bell rang. Minhwan was the one who checked out who it was.

                “Jaejin-hyung it’s Taera.” Minhwan said and I immediately looked for her. She was there smiling again beautifully. “I said Jaejin-hyung, not Jonghun-hyung.” Minhwan teased and I just laughed off a little because of embarrassment.

                “What brings you here Taera?” Jaejin asked but we were still looking and smiling at each other.

                “Is Mina here? We can’t contact her and she’s not at home too.” Some tall asked Jaejin, he must be with Taera then and that was also the time when Taera removed our locked gazes at each other.

                “No, she’s not here.” Jaejin said and he started thinking and I was starting to get worried too.

                “Did something happen to noona?” Minhwan asked since he was starting to get worried also. I waited for Jaejin to answer as to not completely give myself a way that I still worry about her.

                “Ya, Jaejin are you taking care of your girl friend or not?” Hongki said to Jaejin and I can see all of us were starting to get worried already.

                “Dinner is ready.” Taera called out to us but she was taken aback when she all saw our worried faces. “Is everything all right?” She asked.

                “What does it look like to you?” Hongki continued teasing her despite the tension all of us were feeling. Taera smacked her on the arm and we couldn’t but laugh a little because of their foolish behavior.

                “If I know the answer, then I wouldn’t have asked dummy.” She hissed at Hongki again.

                “Oh by the way, Jaejin Mina called a few hours ago. She wants you to know that she’s with her high school friends and that her phone has no battery and..” Then she stopped when she saw our relieved faces.

                “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US EARLIER?”Hongki semi-shouted.

                “Minjung, please do tell us about those things as soon as possible okay. And thank you for that.” Jaejin said, relieved and his hands were on his chest the entire time.

                “I’m sorry, I just sort of forgot about it because SOMEONE was whining endlessly that he was hungry that I got all panicky and stuff. I’m sorry again.”Minjung bowed apologetically.

                “No it’s not your fault. We just got paranoid for a second there. Don’t worry. And it was all hyung’s fault.” Jaejin said and we all agreed and blamed Hongki.

                “Taera, why don’t you and your friend stay and eat dinner with us?” I invited them.

                “Ah, oh sorry. I forgot to introduce myself,  I’m Kang Minhyuk by the way. I’m Taera and Mina’s friend.” The guy introduced his self finally. “It’s really nice to have dinner with you but we really have to see Mina now, don’t we Taera?” She looked at Taera and there was something in his eyes that tells me he likes Taera.

                “Yeah, I’m sorry. Maybe next time. Jaejin can you give me us the number of her friend that she is with right now? We have to meet her badly.” Taera said and I didn’t notice I was staring at Minhyuk until now.

                “Something wrong hyung?” Seunghyun asked.

                “Nothing.”

author: hey guys, do you prefer longer or shorter updates? because im worried that if i make longer updates it'll be dragging *0* tell me what you think :)