Messenger

New Beginning

 

Lee Hongki’s POV:

                It was a quiet ride. Her voice telling me where to go would sometimes break the comfortable silence. From time to time I would glance at her and if our eyes met, a tiny curve on her lips would form, and I would have a big smile on face in return. Finally I placed the car on park and she took a deep breath.

                “I’ll wait for you here.” I smiled at her gently and she took off. We were in an average neighborhood and we were parked in front of a normal looking house with a spacious front yard. It was simple but it was very well kept. I saw her hesitantly approach a tall guy who was doing some cleaning in the front yard. He looked at her with a smile on his face while she stopped when he looked at her. I saw the guy’s lips moved, they must be talking to each other. After a few more chats, Minjung ran to her and hugged her tightly. I felt my chest tightened at the scene. They stayed like that for a few seconds and Minjung was the one who broke off the hug. Her head was hanging low and the guy patted her to comfort her. She was crying again.  Then they talked again for a few seconds and I saw Minjung pointed at my direction. When I noticed that they were going to where I was, I got out of the car. As they got nearer, I noticed that the guy was very much good looking. I bowed to him when they were finally with me and felt something inside of me boil.

                “I’m Minjung’s brother,  Eunkyhung. Nice to meet you.” When he said the word brother, for some reason the boiling fainted.

                “I’m Lee Hongki. Nive to meet you too.” I smiled at him.

                “Thank you for bringing my sister here. She refused to say goodbye to me so this means a lot.” He said to me and patted Minjung again and I can’t help but laugh. “She maybe stubborn and talks back a lot but she’s really reliable and sweet. Please bear with her.”

                “OPPA!” She whined and he pinched his little sister’s cheeks so hard until Minjung complained. She held her swollen cheek and we both laughed at her adorable sight. “It hurts you know.”

                “Well I won’t be doing that in a while Minjung.” When her brother said those words her face dropped and her brother patted her again. “I have to go now Minjung.  Take care of yourself okay.” She just nodded slightly and was in the verge of crying again. “Come on send your oppa off with a smile.” He bent down to match her eye level and Minjung forced a smile despite the tears that were slowly falling.

                “Be careful okay? I’ll wait for you.”

                We took off and I let her cry while we were on our way back to the dorm. After a few minutes she finally stopped.

                “Are you okay now?” I looked at her and she nodded weakly and I returned my gaze back at the street since I was driving. There was silence again. The light turned red so I stopped and looked far away.

                “Thank you.” She said and I looked at her, she was smiling at me so brightly and I can’t help but stare at her. The loud honking of the vehicle made me return to my senses. I hurriedly set the car on drive and stepped on the gas since the light turned green already. Minjung laughed at me and I can tell I was blushing from what just happened.

                “You’re really close with you brother aren’t you?” I asked her to change the topic.

                “Yeah. Ever since our parents died 3 years ago, it was just the two of us. He took really well of me. He’s all that I have left.” She said looking far away. There was a hint of sadness in her eyes but I can feel how much she loves her family from the aura she was emitting. “Have you lost someone dear to you?” Her question caught me off guard; images of Kyung-hee ran through my head uncontrollably. I didn’t answer. I focused on the road ahead of me, tightening my grip on the wheel. “It was never easy.  I even refused to believe that it was all real. But there was just no way I could forget about them.” She continued and I was just listening to her not reacting to a thing she was saying. “But oppa told me that continuing this life without them doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ll forget about them.” What she said made me look at her in surprise. For more than a year already I refuse to fall in love so I never get into anything serious. I was afraid that if I do, it would mean that I forgot about her already. I refuse to forget about her despite the promise I made to her. “Besides, they will always have a place in our hearts.” She smiled brightly at me and I was left speechless in the entire conversation.

I was caught in a very deep thought. It was the first time in a long while when someone actually made me think so much like this, someone could actually trigger all my repressed emotions with just a few words. Hey Minjung did she sent you to tell me to move on? I thought to myself.

xx

author: yeah.. :) <3 maybe i should reply to all of your comments here instead?? xD :)

@ChocoBun- questioned answered in this chapter xD hehehe

@hongbutt- *sends you infinity love as well* XD :* <3

@rachelxzoe-asjkdhajskdh you're amazing too T^T *sobs* tank you dear omg omg omg

@kokokoko- i like hongki's character too >:D hihihi

@frenata- OMG OMG!! thank you fro not being a silent reader anymore T^T *sobs* and really thank you fro reading this and my 1st fic..i'll really try my best to make this fic better than the first one T^T

all these comments are really heart-warming T^T keeps me motivated and stuff.. :) thank you and i love you guys :*